Who's with and against the U.S.?

PDA

cuchulainn
March 18, 2003, 02:08 PM
OK, I've lost track. Who's with us and who is against the war?

I'm wondering because I heard CNN's Christine Amapour last night say something to the effect that this war is different from the Gulf War I in that the U.S. "stands virtually alone in support for military action." Really, she said that.

For
U.K.
Spain
Portugal
Australia

?Kuwait
?Saudi Arabia
?Israel

Against
France
Germany
Russia
Belgium
Luxembourg

If you enjoyed reading about "Who's with and against the U.S.?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
2dogs
March 18, 2003, 02:18 PM
Christine Amapour

Nope, she's agin us.

"The War Whore" (can I say that?) they call her.

Baron Holbach
March 18, 2003, 02:21 PM
Italy is with the U.S.

Baron Holbach
March 18, 2003, 02:23 PM
Czech Republic and most of eastern Europe is with the U.S.

Show your appreciation by buying a CZ pistol. :)

Mike Irwin
March 18, 2003, 02:35 PM
Well, the Spanish are apparently with us in a moral sense...

The Spanish Prime Minister announced earlier today that no Spanish combat troops would be sent to participate in combat operations.

He did say, however, that Spanish aircraft would be deployed, if necessary, to defend Turkey...

Looks like a case of

"We're behind you, USA! WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY behind you!"

:cuss:

KMKeller
March 18, 2003, 03:30 PM
Hey don't forget the Aussies! Oi Oi Oi!

Leatherneck
March 18, 2003, 03:35 PM
And Denmark, and the Netherlands, and Eritrea, and others totalling 22.

TC
TFL Survivor

CMichael
March 18, 2003, 03:47 PM
Does anyone have a list of the countries that are supporting the US?

Mike Irwin
March 18, 2003, 04:35 PM
There's a recent news article on Yahoo Reuters listing 30 nations representing 1.1 billion people.

Saudi Arabia has pledged to take no part in any military action.

BB93YJ
March 19, 2003, 02:05 AM
Afghanistan, Albania, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Georgia, Hungary, Italy, Japan (post conflict), Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Turkey, United Kingdom, Uzbekistan.

Story here:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/03/18/iraq/main544517.shtml

Blackhawk
March 19, 2003, 02:20 AM
All the nations will be with the U.S. about 2 days after the end of the war or when we find a smoking gun.

NonServiam
March 19, 2003, 05:28 AM
Yes, I'm sorry to report that the Norwegian government did not see where our loyalty lies in this conflict. Norway will not participate with armed forces.
(http://www.norwaypost.no/content.asp?folder_id=1&cluster_id=22363)

Though I have mixed feelings about this war, I would have preferred that we honor our time long alliance with the US and aided you as best we could. Sorry. :(

This is a small country, and we have a tradition of relying on the UN for our international conflict involvement. Also a 2/3 national majority against war, according to the latest statisics.

igor
March 19, 2003, 07:09 AM
What do you mean no Israel? Isn't it all about them?

cuchulainn
March 19, 2003, 07:52 AM
Powell yesterday said there are 15 other nations (beyond the 30 named) that support the war, but prefer to stay unnamed for various reasons. Israel, I bet. is in that list.

BB93YJ, thanks for the list.

If you enjoyed reading about "Who's with and against the U.S.?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!