Any extra weapons loaded at home?

PDA

Redlg155
March 18, 2003, 02:26 PM
After hearing the announcement by our President and the hightened terrorist alert status I decided to just go ahead and load up a good "combat load" for my main rifles in the safe just in case. I also decided to keep my little AK alongside of my trusty .45 by my nighstand. Perhaps I'm taking it a bit far for most folks, but I prefer being prepared.

Just curious, anyone else load up a couple extra extra weapons as a result of recent events?

Good Shooting
RED

If you enjoyed reading about "Any extra weapons loaded at home?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
synoptic
March 18, 2003, 02:30 PM
I usually keep bird shot in my shotgun...went ahead and bought some buck tactial loads. I'm not too worried about things here in huntsville, but it looks like i'll either be on my way to, in, or coming home from galveston when this war starts, which means driving straight through houston. Better safe than sorry i guess.

BerettaNut92
March 18, 2003, 02:35 PM
My Benelli and HKs are loaded, the Beretta and M1A are not.

I supposed I should load the M1A, but sadly, have more confidence in my abilities with my handguns and shotgun as I lack formal rifle training. :rolleyes:

bogie
March 18, 2003, 02:40 PM
Skunk - you been thinkin' too tactical... (that's a southern term of endearment usually used when dealin' with someone you like who is sufferin' from rectocranial impaction, son...)

It is EASIER for an untrained person to hit a target at a distance with a rifle than it is for a trained person to hit a target at a distance with a handgun.

Bob Locke
March 18, 2003, 02:43 PM
Both my Glocks have at least three magazines fully charged and stowed with the pistols in my range bag. My AR is stowed in a case with 6 mags topped off.

Other than that, I'm pretty helpless here at the house. :D

BerettaNut92
March 18, 2003, 02:58 PM
It is EASIER for an untrained person to hit a target at a distance with a rifle than it is for a trained person to hit a target at a distance with a handgun.

You haven't seen me with a rifle have you? :D :D :D

**BING!!! **
Skunk: "I got it! I got it!"
Two lanes over: "Ahem...kid, that was MY target"

foghornl
March 18, 2003, 03:18 PM
Both .45ACP's loaded (Ruger KP-90 & Springfield Champion) w/3 spare mags each of Rem 230Gr Golden Sabre

Maverick/Mossy Mdl 88 w/3"Mag #4Buck

US Rifle Cal .30 M-1 w/Danish M2 Ball

Mosin-Nagant M-44 w/147-Gr 'Light Ball' of Albanian manufacture

Marlin 30A w/170 Gr Rem Core-Lokt Soft point

Sheriff's Model .357 Vaquero w/158Gr Speer Gold Dot

Just for fun, Marlin 99 w/17 rounds of Fed 38Gr Copper-plated HP

shermacman
March 18, 2003, 03:20 PM
I am so freaked out about what is going to happen that I started sleeping in black tactical pajamas, with quilted black feet. But because I am a good law abiding citizen of Massachusetts I have all of my firearms broken down, action open, cable lock secured, magazines empty and stored in a separate lock box. Should only take a half and hour to get everything assembled and ready to roll...:D

Blackhawk
March 18, 2003, 03:21 PM
I don't have any "extra" weapons.... :D

Schuey2002
March 18, 2003, 03:26 PM
**BING!!! **
ROTFLMAO !!:D

Joe Demko
March 18, 2003, 03:26 PM
Extra? No. Enough weapons are loaded. I have always had enough weapons loaded. I will continue to have enough weapons loaded.

geekWithA.45
March 18, 2003, 03:34 PM
Weapons are in their usual, designated stances, but I did throw a couple hundred rounds onto strippers, tossed em in a camera bag for grab n go, just in case.

My wife lovingly rolled her eyes, and said,"boys and their guns" .

Then she loaded her spare mags ;)

Jack19
March 18, 2003, 03:49 PM
If extra means more than a Glock 19 with Glock 17 mags, an AR15, an HK91, and maybe a Ruger SP hanging around, then, umm, "no." lol

Sgt
March 18, 2003, 03:49 PM
Nope,

They're all loaded...just like they usually are.....:p

Slotback
March 18, 2003, 04:20 PM
Mags loaded. Weapons cleaned. I have a little one running around the house, so nothing inserted or chambered. That can change very fast though.

280PLUS
March 18, 2003, 04:29 PM
I just got the peashooter in my pocket like always, the p32 loaded in the safe like always and all the rest is unloaded with plenty o' ammo handy also all in the safe in the basement like always. I figger i got a couple a minutes to load up if the fan hits the poop and i'd probably be headed for the basement at first anyhoo...

oh yeah, and it's all clean like always.

;)

QuarterBoreGunner
March 18, 2003, 05:22 PM
No 'extra' loaded firearms around the house; just the usual ones.
I did start lugging around two extra magazines for the G30 on the CCW; my concern isn't so much around my house but driving around the city. We've got a bunch of wackjobs here in San Francisco (well....ok so most of the city is like that) that have been having regular anti-war protests and they’ve decided that the best way to get their point across is to lay down in the street and tie up traffic. (Side note- I’ve been sketching out an idea that combines two of my favorite crowd control and dispersal tools: pepper spray and water cannon, I call it Pepper Cannon ™. Imagine a water tanker filled with capsicum with a high-pressure nozzle on top…) anyway…they’ve stated that on the day after the war starts, they intend on doing their best to shut down ALL traffic in downtown San Francisco. Which incidentally is where my wife works.

Here’s my point: I can easily see some, shall we say, ‘opportunists’ taking advantage of the situation, when PD has their hands full, to run a little rampant. And while I’m not about to try and stop an angry mob, I’m absolutely willing to defend my wife and I so we can evacuate the area, get home in one piece and turn on CNN.

Oh and bogie? I couldn't figure out where I've seen your sig line before... finally figured it out and now I can't get that damn song out of my head. Thanks.

Bonker
March 18, 2003, 05:29 PM
Well I always assume they are ALL loaded...safety first! :)

I have my normal GP-100 by the bed but at night I turn the combo on my safe so it only needs half a turn to open. The AK 30rd mags are always loaded but I admit to filling up 2 of my 100 rounders also.

I didn't really do it for protection though. I mainly just do it to bug my oh so understanding wife :)

AZTOY
March 18, 2003, 05:34 PM
All mags are loaded and sitting by the guns.

sm
March 18, 2003, 05:42 PM
Just my normal self.
All mags/speedloaders loaded as usual for CCW(s)
I do mean all :D

Standing Wolf
March 18, 2003, 05:53 PM
All my center fire guns are always loaded at all times—except those that reside in bank boxes, of course.

illuminatus99
March 18, 2003, 05:58 PM
I generally keep everything loaded, that way I don't get confused about which ones are loaded and which aren't. :D

Marko Kloos
March 18, 2003, 06:09 PM
Mine are always loded anyway. You never know when you may need them in a hurry. No extra preparations necessary...

The wife knows that she can just grab any gun and start pulling the trigger, if she needs to use one quickly. No worries about whether it's loaded or not. It greatly simplifies emergency drills.

Smoke
March 18, 2003, 06:11 PM
No more than usual.

What's the concern?

makdaddy03
March 18, 2003, 06:19 PM
No kids in my house. So all my guns stay loaded.

blades67
March 18, 2003, 06:21 PM
Just curious, anyone else load up a couple extra extra weapons as a result of recent events?

Nope.

mdsteele
March 18, 2003, 08:24 PM
Nope:neener: Everything "is" as it should be.

FPrice
March 18, 2003, 09:40 PM
"Just curious, anyone else load up a couple extra extra weapons as a result of recent events?"

No. One of the keys to good planning is to know just what to plan for. Unless you plan on facing Iraqi hordes coming over the hill behind your house, OR being in a location where terrorists plan an attack, extra weapons above and beyond what you normally carry most likely will not do you any good.

Probable terrorist scenarios do not include massed infantry attacks - more likely you would see attacks less susceptable to such defense tactics. Explosives, car bombs, individual suicide attacks maybe with a secondary attack. This is not to say that an alert person with a CCW weapon might not be able to interfere with the individual attacker. That is always a possibility. Extra weapons might make you feel better, but their actual utility is questionnable.

coonan357
March 18, 2003, 09:56 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**BING!!! **
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thankgoodness skunk doesn't drive an Abrams !!!:D :what: :what:

Stevie-Ray
March 18, 2003, 10:07 PM
Nothing extra, really. I do keep a couple 20 rd mags loaded for the SAR-48, but they're not with the gun. If I get any edgier I could put them together. God, I'd hafta be really worried.

cool45auto
March 18, 2003, 10:14 PM
Beretta: loaded on the nightstand.

Ruger P97DC: loaded with 2 extra mags in safe

SKS: loaded with 30 round mag and stripper clips nearby in safe

seeker_two
March 18, 2003, 10:16 PM
For me to have EXTRA weapons loaded, I'd have to go buy some more...:D

Ala Dan
March 19, 2003, 05:49 AM
"Ready On The Right; Ready On The Left" -

THE FIRING LINE IS READY!

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

ruger357
March 19, 2003, 06:40 AM
Yes.

If you enjoyed reading about "Any extra weapons loaded at home?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!