Its' summertime, what are you carrying now the heat is on? (PICS Added)

PDA

TheFederalistWeasel
June 9, 2005, 10:21 AM
In most parts of the country it’s hotter than 3 hells the nights are not long enough and the shorts are getting shorter (good for those of us who like watching the female types)

Anywho…

Most here probably have a winter setup and a summer setup, some may not but whatever you tastes what is your carry set up for the summer season.

Pics would be nice!

Personally I prefer my good ole SIG 239 in .357SIG strong side and a spare mag carried weak side, IWB in a Wild Bills NSA rig complete with double think 1.5-inch belt.

Do you have a preference for daytime carry and nighttime carry?

Around these parts you can get away with a tee shirt and maybe a thin button up left untucked and open to help for concealment of a full size auto, it also rains a good bit, mostly thunder storms in the evening so you might get way with a very thin rain or wind breaker.

I also carry a USP fullsize in a Done Hume IWB usually at night when I am sporting an untucked button up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/1201/PICT0001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/1201/PICT0005.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Its' summertime, what are you carrying now the heat is on? (PICS Added)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tarrigoni
June 9, 2005, 10:25 AM
I just bought a KT P32. Most of the time though, I'll probably have my G19 in an IWB holster.

PATH
June 9, 2005, 10:27 AM
P32 all the time.

Nick1911
June 9, 2005, 10:28 AM
Sig P239 9mm strong side, 1.5" leather belt, DeSantis Cozy Partner holster.

Seems to work pretty good year round.

mtnbkr
June 9, 2005, 10:37 AM
If I want to travel light, I carry the P32 in this picture:
http://mysite.verizon.net/allencb/stuff.jpg

Chris

TheFederalistWeasel
June 9, 2005, 10:39 AM
What is that wallet made made of?

Ed
June 9, 2005, 10:44 AM
I work outside and have to wear khakis and tucked in shirts. When its cooler I carry a Glock 19 in a C-Tac tucked. It is just to hot in the summer to do that here, when you are outside and active, shirts unblouse etc. I have a P3AT that I can carry in my back pocket and not feel a thing. In the front pocket it even gets hot from the holster. On weekends and at night its back to the Glock because I can dress more casually.

CAS700850
June 9, 2005, 10:51 AM
Yesterday, I went witness hunting for a trial, in a bad neighborhood. Temp. was 89 when I left the office. Air conditioning in the car is broken. The fun part...I had my Glock 19 and a shoulder rig. Rules are that it has to be concealed unless I'm with a uniformed officer. I was alone. So, I'm out in suit and tie, coat on, because I wasn't smart enough to get the Smith 649 out of the safe for pocket carry.

:banghead:

Want to guess what I've got today?

armoredman
June 9, 2005, 11:03 AM
Same as winter carry, CZ 75 PO1 in Orca Bodyguard IWM, under a loose t-shirt. The polycoat doesn't rust, the holster has a nylon sweat shield anyway, and even makes that square M3 rail comfortable. No matter what weather, what day, same weapon, same location, same muscle memory.

dakotasin
June 9, 2005, 11:04 AM
same as winter carry... sig 229 in a galco fletch most of the time, and a s&w j-frame in a galco hi-ride some of the time.

jacketch
June 9, 2005, 11:04 AM
Normally a P239 9mm but when it is hot and muggy I resort to a NAA Guardian .380 with +p Corbon 90gr hp's. It is carried in a custom made tuckable holster.

M2 Carbine
June 9, 2005, 11:23 AM
I wear the same thing all the time, short sleeve light weight summer coveralls with shallow pockets.
I carry a Kel Tec 380 or 32.
I can get away with a Kel Tec P-11 9mm/40 in a boot holster.

But my vehicles are "war wagons" 24/7 so the chances are fair I'll be close to a rifle or several large pistols if I need them.

Bandit01
June 9, 2005, 11:32 AM
Sorry, I don't have a pic. but I carry a Taurus 605 (.357). It's a sweet black snub nose with some heavy hitters that I created.

El Tejon
June 9, 2005, 11:37 AM
No change, 1911, hot or cold (of course, that could be the very same afternoon where I live :D).

Fly320s
June 9, 2005, 11:41 AM
Kimber Pro Carry .40SW in a Milt Sparks VMII (IWB) with a single spare mag.

At night I usually add a Surefire light, one of the plastic body types.

Cover is either a large t-shirt or, more likely, an untucked button down.

On rare occassions I opt for a Kahr E9 in an IWB holster.

GreenFurniture
June 9, 2005, 11:43 AM
Still carry the 5" 1911, IWB Galco Royal Guard.

Taurus 617 CCW
June 9, 2005, 11:49 AM
I live in the oregon outback country and these are a must! When I am in the public realm I have a Springfield 1911 with a SOB setup :cool: .

chopinbloc
June 9, 2005, 12:10 PM
m-16a2 with uncle mike's three point sling (hate it) and trijicon reflex II (love it) :D
seriously, back home in az i carry g23 in galco summer comfort with spare mag and g27 in aker ankle holster. always. when i get a wierd hair up my butt and actually wear shorts, (children run screaming from the sight of my sasquatch legs) i ommit the g27. usually have a mini-14 in the back seat of the truck too. bringing a pistol to a rifle fight is like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

dev_null
June 9, 2005, 02:28 PM
> Its' summertime, what are you carrying now the heat is on?

Same as any other time of year, except that I tend to carry the P-232 more than the Kimber when wearing shorts just so they don't ... uh... succumb to gravity. :eek:

lunaslide
June 9, 2005, 02:40 PM
> Its' summertime, what are you carrying now the heat is on?

Sig P239 .40 in Kramer IWB#3. It works pretty well with just shorts and a t-shirt, even better with a hawaiian shirt.

mtnbkr
June 9, 2005, 02:42 PM
What is that wallet made made of?
Stingray. The fish, not the car. :p

Chris

KaceCoyote
June 9, 2005, 02:49 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/Kacecoyote/Practac.jpg
Gerber lipstick light and my Gerber Recoil.

No CCW until 23 in the State of Missouri, no Pistolas until 21.

clipse
June 9, 2005, 05:04 PM
No CCW until 23 in the State of Missouri, no Pistolas until 21.

Untrue. You can CCW in MO on an out of state permit like FL or UT if you are under 23. Check out www.missouricarry.com. The age limit of 23 is a requirement for a MO permit only. MO accepts any OOS permit whether the person is a MO resident or not. And there is no age limit mentioned for OOS permits.

I carry a Ruger SP101 and a spare speed loader in a smartcarry rig. I really like it.

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~clipse/sp101/smartcarry3.JPG

jobu07
June 9, 2005, 05:20 PM
Smith model 36 J frame in my front pocket. :)

Ala Dan
June 9, 2005, 05:29 PM
Greeting's All-

On Thursday, Friday, or Saturday when working inside the gun shop my
Seecamp LWS-32 or Smith & Wesson 642. Otherwise, my old faithful~
a West German .45 caliber SIG-SAUER P220A.

cidirkona
June 9, 2005, 05:32 PM
p3AT

-Colin

bakert
June 9, 2005, 05:39 PM
I don't have pics but most times a P97 Ruger IWB or sometimes a Taurus 85 carried the same way with an untucked shirt

DarkKnight01
June 9, 2005, 08:22 PM
Untrue. You can CCW in MO on an out of state permit like FL or UT if you are under 23. Check out www.missouricarry.com. The age limit of 23 is a requirement for a MO permit only. MO accepts any OOS permit whether the person is a MO resident or not. And there is no age limit mentioned for OOS permits.

hehehe a loophole !! thats great, Id shoot him a PM so he has this info and can begin protecting himself properly.

As to the original question of the thread, I carry a Taurus Mil Pro PT-145 365 days a year atm, may soon be replaced by a sig...

kngflp
June 9, 2005, 09:01 PM
Usually a CZ 75 backed up by a p-11, but the new revolver in my life may change that.

CajunBass
June 9, 2005, 09:10 PM
Well I just started carrying a month or so ago, but if I'm wearing jeans or slacks, a Kel-Tec P-11, in a nylon belt holster, with an unbottoned shirt or a loose fitting shirt untucked. If I'm wearing shorts, I use a fanny pack holster. I'm a goofy old guy, so I just look a little goofier.

longtooth
June 10, 2005, 02:04 AM
Same as winter. Kimber Compac CDP, w/ 8 + 1. 2 Extra 10 rd mags on the weak side & pepper. In a nut shell, I would rather sweat & not need it than bleed & wish I had it. Excuse me Mr. mugger, I need to go get my legally purchased .45 so I willl be as well armed as you are w/ your stollen Glock .40 S&W. :rolleyes: It is my personal oppinion that the only reason to dress down in your carry weapon is the impossibility to conceal. I live in Deep East Texas & it is hot here 8 months a year. Already 90+ w/ 75-90% humidity. It don't get much hotter than that. :evil: Personally I must apply the same reasoning to my choice of carry weapon as I do my 24-7 rule. Don't ever know when I will need it so have it. No one is over dressed in a t-shirt to absorb sweat & separate body from weapon with a polo, or square tail shirt untucked. Today's tuckables combined w/ the quality of some of the sub compacs make a good combo. My .02. They that love liberty more than life die only once. They that fear deaty moer than oppression die evey time they close their eyes. Me.

ExtremeDooty
June 10, 2005, 02:26 AM
I carry my XD-40 in a RafterS IWB with a RafterS Belt, both in sharkskin, under an over sized and usually gaudy Hawaiin shirt. I wear Carpenter (?) pants with that narrow pocket on the right seam for a magazine. Or I wear my 5.11's.

Old NFO
June 10, 2005, 02:42 AM
Same for me year round- Kahr P9 or G26 in a Don Hume Paddle under the jacket during the week, same on the weekend except during the summer with a loose patterned polo shirt over it instead of a vest. I also have an old beat up fanny pack that I occasionally carry if I know I'm going to be in and out of certain buildings.

runswithscissors
June 10, 2005, 03:35 AM
Doesn't matter to me if its hot or cold. I usually wear a button up shirt that works great for IWB. I also have a shoulder holster if the occasion calls for it.

TxCajun
June 10, 2005, 07:15 PM
Kel-tec P11/40/357Sig or P/32/32NAA/3AT. Hmm, 6 calibers but 7 days. How about the NAA Mini on Sunday? :D

MudPuppy
June 10, 2005, 07:27 PM
I went "tubin" down the comal and guadelupe the other day and was wondering what might make a good weapon/rig combo, so this thread is interesting.

Still undecided on what would be light enough not to pull me to the bottom :evil: -and would stand up to in and out immersion.

JohnKSa
June 10, 2005, 10:45 PM
Same thing as always.

Stainless Walther PPK in .380 with a spare mag.

IWB if I can wear an untucked shirt, bellyband if not.

Lanceman
June 10, 2005, 11:03 PM
Usually carry my Bersa .380 or SW 637 with extra mag or speedloader. Built a little rig that sits in the smartcarry/thunderwear type location. Cost about 4 bucks for the elastic and velcro.

rhubarb
June 10, 2005, 11:33 PM
Looking at this picture, I am struck by how cheap I am. :scrutiny:
http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=25410&stc=1

KelTec P11 9mm w/ 13 rds 124 gr Hydrashok
carried in homemade IWB holster
spare mag in Gerber knife pouch

Winchester M94AE Tactical w/ 6 rds 150 gr Power Point
this rides under the back seat of my truck
box of .30-30 in door pocket

Cheap 3.5" folder with glue on the blade from opening box
Cheap LED light on keyring
Keys for cheap truck
Cheap multitool
Cheap phone
Camels were two for the price of one today
Pen and post-it pad from work

Gotta say that cheap as I am, it all works good. :D

cidirkona
June 10, 2005, 11:48 PM
A G2! Nicest pens on the planet!

-Colin

Mannlicher
June 11, 2005, 02:44 PM
Miami is hot year round. My carry mode has always been IWB, or OWB, jeans, a tee shirt tucked in, and a vest, or button up shirt, worn open and out. This provides cover for just about anything you need.
If its shorts and just a tee, then the Model 60 or the Taurus 85CH is in the right front pocket, in a Sam Andrews pocket holster.

DirksterG30
June 11, 2005, 05:05 PM
Right now I carry a Springfield Commander-sized 1911 w/ a spare 7rd. mag, or a CZ 40-P with a spare 10 rd magazine in a SmartCarry worn with the gun at 3:00.

ACP
June 11, 2005, 05:13 PM
S&W 642 in right front pocket; Benchmade AFCK (full size) in left front pocket. No way am I wearing a jacket in this heat. MAYBE if I have an untucked button-front shirt I'll carry my Colt Combat Commander, but it's at my gunsmith right now getting fitted with an Ed Brown barrel and bushing :)

MarkDido
June 11, 2005, 06:22 PM
P-32

triggertime
June 12, 2005, 01:14 AM
Same gear I carry every day of the year, a Glock 19 in a kydex IWB holster along with two spare mags in two single kydex mag carriers, a S&W 640 .357 in a Don Hume JIT. Other accessories include a Benchmade AFCK, a Cold Steel Large Voyager, an ASP Key Defender, and a Nokia phone.

Lennyjoe
June 12, 2005, 01:28 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid169/pc8a2b3af5a8dc1dcb10dbf5b266d6363/f4116f97.jpg
Mostly a Bersa Mini Firestorm in .45 ACP with a spare mag.

The Kimber is hanging out in the safe for the summer.

cool45auto
June 12, 2005, 11:20 PM
What I carry always.

HogRider
June 12, 2005, 11:26 PM
Bersa .380 right now, but planning on getting a Keltec 380 for ankle holster carry while riding.

Flashpoint
June 13, 2005, 02:04 AM
Same thing I carry in the winter, Steyr S9 or S40

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-4/148376/steyr_rounds.JPG

spin180
June 13, 2005, 04:04 AM
A G2! Nicest pens on the planet!

Unless you're a lefty... :neener:

:)

I'm still carrying what I usually do. The Kel-Tec P3-AT all the time, and my GLOCK 30/19 whenever necessary.

;)

Teufelhunden
June 13, 2005, 12:13 PM
I stick with my all-season carry: my 4"bbl Springfield XD40. Slide & internals hard-chromed by Tripps in TX before he quit to further his M1911 mag business, a 22lb Wolff spring instead of the stock 17lb, and Trijicons installed post-purchase. Simple, reliable and comfortable to carry & shoot.

It rides in either a Sidearmor IWB or more recently, in a Blackhawk CQC. To digress, I must say I'm impressed with the CQC, especially compared to the quality of some of the other Blackhawk goods.

Cover garments are the same as TFW for the most part: untucked buttondowns. Last summer I found some short-sleeve linen buttondowns at Target for $8 and bought a couple. They've been life-savers on the truly God-awful hot days down here...

-Teuf

Gunnutz13
June 13, 2005, 02:43 PM
Para Ordnance P12-45, 10+1, in a belly band under a light weight shirt. I have also carried my Makarov ( 9x18 ), my Walther PPK/s ( 9x17 ), and my Colt Model 1908 Hammerless ( .380 ) on ocassion. But nothin' says packin' like a 45!! :evil:

33-805
June 13, 2005, 03:54 PM
Usually a S&W 638 or 640 or a Glock 27 in a front pants pocket holster. If there's any chance of wearing something that would conceal a belt holster, that'll be a Glock 30 or 22. In the winter, I just go with the Glock 21 all the time. I am, unfortunately, among the ranks of the "gravitationally challenged" (6"1" and 265) so I can hide a LOT of gun. :) I have been derided by friends as being the "gun du jour" carrier. In my defense, I always have a gun when they wish they did. :cool:

38SnubFan
June 14, 2005, 03:49 AM
Usually it's the Bersa MiniFireStorm .45 in an El Paso Saddlery high-ride pancake OWB, with my uniform trouser belt (wide and durable and supports better than a regular dress belt, and I'm too cheap to spend $70 on a "gun belt"), jeans, a t-shirt, along with an oversized button-down shirt or an oversized polo shirt to cover it up. It's hard for even ME to tell I'm carrying while wearing that.

On occasion, or in the off-chance I need to wear a shirt, tie, and jacket, it's my Weirauch/EAA Windicatior snub-nose in a Uncle Mike's IWB holster. Also found this works around anti-gun members of my family (especially my grandmother, who would probably freak out at the sight of me carrying, even though she knows I carry) with a loose-fitting sweater and khakis. Also works well for me with shorts and an XL-sized t-shirt (I usually fit M or L).

Once in a while I just get in the mood to carry the revolver OWB, so it's a cheap Uncle Mike's pancake-style holster for it. Same dress as the Bersa in that condition.

Other than the gun, a speedloader for the .38 in the right-front pocket, Kershaw 1550ST Speed-Safe folder clipped to inside right-front pocket, wallet, keys, cell phone, and occasionally a Garrity 3AAA LED flashlight in it's provided belt holster if I"m going to be outdoors at night (outside of the car in a not-so-well-lit area). Still gotta order the spare mags for the Bersa ($40-45 per mag, and my budget is "starving artist"-limited :( ).

Personally, I hate carrying IWB, but have always come to the understanding of "comforting before comfortable".

-38SnubFan

etex
June 15, 2005, 12:57 AM
Kel-Tec p32

mattx109
June 15, 2005, 02:05 AM
Browning Hi-Power in a Milt Sparks VersaMax II. It works in any weather. If necessary I can change out the leather loops for kydex clips that allow a shirt to be tucked in, but I've never had occassion to need it.

Byron Quick
June 15, 2005, 09:14 AM
5" 1911 in a Galco Royal Deluxe holster strong side. Kahr P9 in a DeSantis holster for BUG. T-shirt and shorts with a thin shirt over for concealment untucked and buttoned at the bottom to prevent the wind from flashing the weapons. Kershaw folder clipped to weak pocket with Surefire E2e. Occasionally wear a vest instead of the shirt.

When dressed in scrubs for work I carry a Keltec P3AT. Just got a rigger belt and will probably try wearing the 1911 under my scrub top. Rifles, Glock 20 and Glock 29 in the truck. I was a Boy Scout. Some of it stuck.

W Turner
June 15, 2005, 12:57 PM
While at or going to/from work I either carry a SW j-frame tucked into a Azrael (GREAT!) pocket holster in my right front pocket or it is riding on the seat beside me.

Any other time it's a S/A Lightweight Loaded Model in a Milt Sparks Summer Special. Occasionally I will carry my Glock 17, but I have found that I like the idea of a Glock much more than I like the reality, so it may go on the trading block before too long.

Hmmm is it possible to be an old fart that only really cares for 1911's and revolvers when you're only 28?

WsomethingtoponderTurner

38SnubFan
June 15, 2005, 01:20 PM
Hmmm is it possible to be an old fart that only really cares for 1911's and revolvers when you're only 28? Well, I'm 28 and still working on purchasing a 1911 (saving up for either a Kimber or a Para); but as far as the revolvers go: ABSOLUTELY!

-Snub

If you enjoyed reading about "Its' summertime, what are you carrying now the heat is on? (PICS Added)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!