Question about Remington 870

PDA

PinnedAndRecessed
June 10, 2005, 05:11 PM
I just bought a Rem 870. It has a funky little locking safety which has more instructions/pictures than a Jap car. (Ok, so I exaggerate.)

Anyway, is it possible to swap an old style safety bar for this new one? Trigger assembly?

thanx.

If you enjoyed reading about "Question about Remington 870" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Fred Fuller
June 10, 2005, 05:37 PM
"Anyway, is it possible to swap an old style safety bar for this new one? "

Yep. No problemo. Brownells sells the parts, you will need the old style safety button, detent and spring, about $15 total for the new OEM parts plus shipping etc. If you know your way around an 870 it is a DIY project, otherwise it is a no-big-deal 'smith job.

BTW, I understand that they are no longer using that system, thus the old style safety buttons are available again.

lpl/nc

PinnedAndRecessed
June 10, 2005, 05:40 PM
BTW, I understand that they are no longer using that system, thus the old style safety buttons are available again.

Figures.

Anyway, thanx.

If you enjoyed reading about "Question about Remington 870" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!