Where's the best source of Dragon's Breath?

PDA

klover
June 10, 2005, 09:24 PM
Been meaning to buy some 12 ga fire starter.

If you enjoyed reading about "Where's the best source of Dragon's Breath?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
P95Carry
June 10, 2005, 09:50 PM
I am trying to remember the brochure that comes out now and again - in fact I think two sources sell this stuff and other ''specials''.... at a price!

One is something like ''Strikeforce'', ''Deltaforce'' - heck I cannot remember. Maybe someone else will remember.

00-Guy
June 10, 2005, 10:17 PM
A dragon's mouth....... Is there a trick here?

This question is to me like a red flag to a bull. I cannot help myself.

BTW, have you tried Goggle?

captlid
June 10, 2005, 10:38 PM
isnt that stuff used to make your shotgun into an expedient flamethrower?

What do folks use the stuff for anyway? :evil:

mnrivrat
June 11, 2005, 03:09 AM
isnt that stuff used to make your shotgun into an expedient flamethrower?

Flamethrower is what they want you to believe - reality is closer to a sparkler . At least on the ones I fired - not impressive at all.

Humm ? Maybe they could start a fire if used just right !

Cosmoline
June 11, 2005, 04:17 AM
Your best bet is to remove the shotgun barrel, run some propane tube through it and use it as a handle for a high-pressure propane blowtorch.

IZinterrogator
June 11, 2005, 04:21 AM
That stuff is mostly for show. Save your money for some 00 buck practice ammo.

mattw
June 11, 2005, 07:08 AM
those flamethrower shells can be found on www.gunbroker.com.. i see them all the time and they look fun but i wouldn't want to worry about hurting my barrel.

Fred Fuller
June 11, 2005, 11:07 AM
One more vote for the "leave all the trick shotgun ammo stuff alone and spend your money on bird/buck/slugs" approach... seen it, haven't been impressed. Minor detail- like tracer it works both ways, too. Normal muzzle flash is apt to draw all the attention you can handle.

lpl/nc (old fuddyduddy in training, hoping for a promotion from stick-in-the-mud)

shecky
June 11, 2005, 12:01 PM
That stuff is mostly for show. Save your money for some 00 buck practice ammo.

Why would you buy buckshot when you want a show?

mattw
June 11, 2005, 12:34 PM
if you want a show use the $30 you would have to spend on getting those shells to buy $30 worth of sparklers and use electrical tape to turn it into a drumstick of death

PAC 762
June 11, 2005, 03:34 PM
FWIW, Those round do start fires everywhere. I made the mistake of firing one 45 degrees in the air at a friends farm and the falling burning paticles started about a dozen fires all over the place.

LaEscopeta
June 12, 2005, 08:28 PM
Here is another vote for Dragonís breath being just for show. I believe it has no hunting or self defense use. It is a good round for fireworks, if you live in a place where you can fire a gun on your own property, but canít legally buy or set off real fireworks. (Alcohol/firearms donít mix rule applies to display rounds also, of course.) (You are risking damage to your gun/barrel, though, especially if you donít let it cool between shots.)

Burt Blade
June 12, 2005, 11:20 PM
Do you want your shotgun to belch a huge gout of flame? Load a stout charge of Blackpowder under the shot!

I have seen a 12 gauge double blow a nine foot flame. Firing both barrels is simply spectacular. And best of all, you do not have to worry about any laws banning such ammo. (If you local area bans true Blackpowder, Triple Seven is a nice substitute.) Just make sure you thoroughly clean up afterwards. The residue tends to rust guns if left uncleaned.

If you enjoyed reading about "Where's the best source of Dragon's Breath?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!