Alllllright

PDA

MilsurpShooter
June 13, 2005, 04:57 PM
Shotguns. I've always had a special place for them, the pure psychological impact of hearing that noise behind you, or the dark, gaping, black void that confronts you when looking down the wrong end.

Now, I've heard of "trench guns" being used in WWI and WWII. What shotgun would I be looking for to keep with my 1914 - 1946 era of guns? Mind you I don't want authentic, I like to shoot them, so a modern repro, or a modern one I could kind of retro-fit would be nice. Any suggestions?

If you enjoyed reading about "Alllllright" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Brian Williams
June 13, 2005, 05:24 PM
Rem mod 10, Ithaca Mod 37, Win mod 12 or 1897

mattw
June 13, 2005, 06:36 PM
Norinco makes a bad-ass copy of the Winchester 1897 trench gun

1911 guy
June 14, 2005, 01:14 PM
If you do any bird hunting, the Ithaca 37 and Win. model 12 are real prizes. They were marketed as "Upland Specials" and the trigger did not need to be reset between pumps. Great for dove and quail. Dual purpose - gotta love it!

foghornl
June 14, 2005, 01:49 PM
There were more models/brands used, but when I hear "WWI Trench Gun", first thing that pops to mind is the 1897 Winchester.

MilsurpShooter
June 15, 2005, 08:12 PM
Thanks everyone for the help, the Norinco one looks like something I can get into... Now if I can just sell my old car I can buy it lol

If you enjoyed reading about "Alllllright" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!