Suppressor Transfer Turn Around Time

PDA

mmpoeth
June 13, 2005, 07:46 PM
I am curious if anyone could shed some light on the current legal turn around time for obtaining a sound suppressor? The class III dealer I initiated the transferr through told me when I paid for the suppressor that it would be a 3 - 4 month turn around time, however he is now telling me it is currently being pushed back. I know that I am at the mercy of the government agencies that the legal paperwork must go through in order to do the transfer, but at what point should I begin pursuing this further. Its already been about 4 months.

Has anyone out there obtained a suppressor lately, that could give me some sort of indication as to how long it took for your transfer?

I appreciate you insight.

If you enjoyed reading about "Suppressor Transfer Turn Around Time" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
boofus
June 13, 2005, 09:03 PM
My latest Form 4 took from 3/7/05 to 5/1/05 mailbox to mailbox. It was a corporate transfer for a MG. I don't think MG transfers are any slower or quicker than suppressor ones.

mmpoeth
June 13, 2005, 11:53 PM
Wow... that is a fast turn around time. Do you think that it is probably due to a corporate transfer? I have heard from a few guys of a rumor that it will currently be taking 13-15months, because of homeland security upsurping needed help from the agency that approves the transfer. And anyone calling to check the status of their paperwork will get their form 4 put back to the bottom of the pile. I don't know what to believe?
Thanks for the insight of your experience.

AZRickD
June 13, 2005, 11:57 PM
Seven months and counting for a non-corporate suppressor here in Arizona.

Rick

farscott
June 14, 2005, 07:11 AM
It appears that the NFA Branch is running around ten to eighteen weeks, depending upon the examiner. The best analysis of the data I have seen is at this site:

http://www.triplebreakproducts.com/FAQ/nfa_examiners.htm

Spreadfire Arms
June 14, 2005, 02:27 PM
And anyone calling to check the status of their paperwork will get their form 4 put back to the bottom of the pile.

urban legend........ :rolleyes:

If you enjoyed reading about "Suppressor Transfer Turn Around Time" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!