reactive targets

PDA

rcm
June 14, 2005, 11:05 AM
Any of you guys have suggestions on reactive targets ie; dueling trees etc...I'm going to set up my own little private range on my property. Is there one company or target better than the other?

If you enjoyed reading about "reactive targets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
nhhillbilly
June 14, 2005, 12:40 PM
Action Target and Poratarget make great targets. I have a Action Target plate rack and dueling tree. Good quality. The poratarget stuff I seen was very good also.

I was not happy with my MGM static target. I will not be purchasing another from him.

Billy Sparks
June 14, 2005, 12:59 PM
Why did you not like the MGM target? I am considering one.

pbhome71
June 14, 2005, 01:40 PM
I really like Birchwood 22lr Silhouette targets set. If you have enough space on your range, I would get one of that.

thereisnospoon
June 14, 2005, 01:55 PM
Try www.pistolpacking.com

Once again, Full Disclosure: I am part owner in this company!

That being said, we sell a variety of targets, including some of the best swingers I have ever seen and other reactionary targets.

Everything is Made in U.S.A. and 100% money back guaranteed.

Hope that helps,
Spoon

Mod(s): Please delete if this in bad JuJu.

Cortland
June 14, 2005, 05:51 PM
I bought a portable plate rack from Spinning Metal Targets (http://www.metaltargets.com/). It's wonderful. Steel plates are fun, but can get boring. Dueling trees are fun, but can get tedious to reset. I love my plate rack -- just pull a rope to reset all the targets. He sells many other reactive targets, too -- including dueling trees and gongs and poppers and everything else. Of course you can get the plate rack without a trailer, too.
http://www.vbrpc.org/plate_rack_trailer/trailer1.jpg

nhhillbilly
June 15, 2005, 08:08 AM
The rifle target I purchased I was told good for 5.56 from 15 yards and out. We have chips and others from the first day of use. The stand is not very strong and I have to use sand bags to told everything together.

nhhillbilly
June 15, 2005, 08:10 AM
RCM I live in Enfield NH if you want to see the steel that I have.

rcm
June 15, 2005, 10:08 AM
Thanks guys I will take a look at all of them.

Hoser
June 15, 2005, 12:20 PM
I cant think of any chunk of steel that will hold up to an AR-15/223 at 15 yards.

Softer than AR400, you punch holes in it. Harder than AR500, and it fractures.

Maybe MGM meant 50 yards... Even then you are still going to do some damage.

I have several of the auto poppers and dont shoot them closer than 100 yards with a rifle. With a pistol I beat them up as close as 5-7 yards.

rcm
June 15, 2005, 03:39 PM
This will be all pistol work and occasional shotgun. Birdshot for a load when practicing.

If you enjoyed reading about "reactive targets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!