SoCal shoot

PDA

Pages : [1] 2

50 Shooter
June 16, 2005, 06:10 PM
Our group of .50 shooters will be at Angeles Range this Sunday (19th) if anyone wants to come out. You don't need a .50 to show up and if you want to try one out just ask. We'll be at the far end of the rifle range, can't miss us.

www.angelesranges.com

Don't worry about the earthquakes we've been having because you won't feel them while the .50's are rockin'. :D :neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "SoCal shoot" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Black Majik
June 16, 2005, 07:26 PM
Hi there,

what time are you guys gonna be there?

I think it'd be cool if we could gather a buncha THR's out to Angeles Range.

50 Shooter
June 16, 2005, 08:01 PM
The range opens at 9 am, some of us get there around 8 am to save some benches for some of the others. You can drive up to the benches and drop your stuff off and then park your car, makes it easier if you plan to bring alot of stuff.

Just ask for Shawn, any of the regulars will point you in my direction. Don't forget to bring along all your evil black rifles.

dasmi
June 16, 2005, 08:03 PM
That's a bit of a drive from San Diego. I'd go, but this Saturday I have to attend a cousin's graduation.

Mr. Loud Guns
July 3, 2005, 02:28 AM
Why do I have to live so far away. My 50 cal is begging me. :banghead:

50 Shooter
July 3, 2005, 04:03 AM
Where do you live?

We shoot the 3rd Sunday of every month at Angeles. Everyone is welcome to come out.

Mr. Loud Guns
July 6, 2005, 02:28 AM
I live in NY, a distant state with far to many restrictions.

50 Shooter
July 13, 2005, 04:48 PM
We'll be out again this coming Sunday (17th) if anyone want to come out.

thereisnospoon
July 14, 2005, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the quick reply and the information. I like the Serbu and I think that i the one I will go with.

50 Shooter
July 14, 2005, 11:47 AM
:)

Post some pics when you get it.

www.biggerhammer.net/barrett/wwwboard/index.cgi? great board for info and don't mind the trolls.

50 Shooter
August 13, 2005, 12:59 PM
This month's shoot is just around the corner, Aug. 21st if you want to come out and shoot. :cool:

50 Shooter
August 21, 2005, 01:12 AM
Bump.

Incase anyone wants to come out and play tomorrow.

50 Shooter
September 12, 2005, 06:33 PM
Bump

This months shoot is this coming Sunday (18th).

50 Shooter
November 13, 2005, 12:15 PM
Bump

Back at the range next Sunday (20th) if any of you guys want to come out and play.

GTKrockeTT
November 13, 2005, 02:05 PM
you heading out there early morning?

50 Shooter
November 13, 2005, 03:44 PM
Out of our group I'm always the first person there, range opens at 9 am but I usually show up around 8 am. This ensures that we have X amount of benches saved for everyone.

You can drive your car up to the benches to drop off your guns and gear. Tell the office people that you're with us and only pay $5 to shoot all day. One last thing, NO steel core ammo. They frown heavily on it, they will take it away and keep it until you leave. I don't like it any more then anyone else but it's their range and their rules. Plus we have to deal with the Kali fire season being 24/7/365.:rolleyes:

One of the guys will have some range friendly (.50 BMG) ammo for sale if you need some. BTW, you don't need a .50 to shoot with us, if you want to try one just ask.

sigstroker
November 15, 2005, 12:45 AM
Does the South African ball have a steel core?

Beetle Bailey
November 15, 2005, 01:22 AM
sigstroker If you've already got the ammo, you can check it yourself with a magnet ;) . If it sticks, it won't be allowed. If you are shopping for ammo, I don't know about the South African (I assume you mean the .308 win?) but both the Austrialian and the Argentinian .308 win surplus are okay.

50 Shooter Okay, this time I'm gonna make it to one of your shoots, but my biggest bore rifle is only a puny 8mm Mauser :o . How long do you guys stay? I usually don't make it out to a range until noon. . .

50 Shooter
November 15, 2005, 02:12 AM
BB has it, use a magnet.

Just to let you know, ALL surplus .50 BMG has a steel core. One of the guys will have some loaded ammo for sale if you need it. The ammo is turned brass solids in the profile of an M33 bullet.

BB,
Most of the guys stay until about 2-3 pm, a few stay until they close. Like I said, you don't need a .50 to come out and shoot.

Black Majik
November 16, 2005, 02:30 AM
Beetle has convinced me to come out this sunday, so I'll see you guys there.

Plus it'll give me a good chance to finally meet you .50 shooters.

Ken,
Your 8mm is still louder than my puny .308! :D

Beetle Bailey
November 16, 2005, 02:58 AM
Beetle has convinced me to come out this sunday, so I'll see you guys there.

Like you need much convincing. . . ;)

Ken,
Your 8mm is still louder than my puny .308!

When you hear the sound of a .50 BMG, oh heck, when you feel the sound of a .50 BMG, my 8mm is gonna seem like a little chihuahua barking.

sigstroker
November 16, 2005, 05:12 AM
sigstroker If you've already got the ammo, you can check it yourself with a magnet ;) . If it sticks, it won't be allowed. If you are shopping for ammo, I don't know about the South African (I assume you mean the .308 win?) but both the Austrialian and the Argentinian .308 win surplus are okay.

No, I meant .50 BMG. I have a stash of it but it's buried at the back of a storage locker, and not easy to get to. I didn't want to dig it out for nothing if 50 shooter already knew if it was steel core.

50 Shooter
November 17, 2005, 11:50 AM
See you guys on Sunday.

Sig,
Yep, better to leave it at home as they frown on ALL steel core ammo in any caliber.

50 Shooter
November 21, 2005, 12:10 AM
Hope you guys had fun, good meeting those of you that I hadn't met before. See you next month if you can make it out.

Beetle Bailey
November 21, 2005, 03:31 AM
There were smiles all around, what with the variety of steel targets available :cool: . Us late arrivers stayed 'til after sundown :D . Thanks again!

BamBam-31
November 21, 2005, 03:53 AM
Yeah, thanks for the invite, 50 Shooter. And thanks for letting us shoot your rifle. Nice piece of hardware you have there, man. Wasn't kidding about it clearing my sinuses right up, either. :D

Was good seeing Black Majik and iGSR96 again, too. (Thanks for bringing the Baer, Rich.) Don't forget, we're gonna hit up the practice at Prado the first Sunday of December. Go here for directions: www.shootprado.com. See you guys there, eh? ;)

Black Majik
November 21, 2005, 04:17 AM
Shawn,

Thanks a bunch for your hospitality today at the range. I cant tell you how much fun I had today shooting your .50 (and ben's Serbu .50). I just love plinking at 600 yards :D

I think I'm partially deaf, my right ear I cant really hear much, and my left ear is still ringing... but at least I hear it. :D

Mike,

It was fun shooting with you guys again. I take it tomorrow you're gonna be at Rettings ay? Good luck with it! :D

Let me know when you guys are gonna go to the Prado matches. I'm interested. Does that mean I'm gonna have to buy more gear?! I'll sit on the sidelines and cheer you guys on. My scores sucked when we were getting timed. But it was fun!

Ken,

Thanks buddy. I spent 2 hrs after I got home looking thru rimfirecentral. I still cant believe how smooth that action is. And especially how accurate that damn thing is. DIE RECTANGULAR STEEL! :D

Benny,

As always, pleasure shootin' with ya. Finally wore that shirt, I think you knew we were all gonna meet up, thats why you wore that shirt today. A conspiracy I say!

Overall today was fun, we had multiple steel targets to shoot at instead of one we're all trying to hog and shoot before the person next to us hit it (SGV GC). :D

Til' next time!

iGSR96
November 21, 2005, 03:46 PM
Yeah, thanks for the invite, 50 Shooter. And thanks for letting us shoot your rifle. Nice piece of hardware you have there, man. Wasn't kidding about it clearing my sinuses right up, either. :D

+1...sinuses and all. So the next time I'm congested, I'll go shoot a 50.

As always, pleasure shootin' with ya. Finally wore that shirt, I think you knew we were all gonna meet up, thats why you wore that shirt today. A conspiracy I say!

Figure if I bring the gun, I'll wear the shirt. Unlike last time...wore the shirt, but no gun. :banghead:

See you guys at Prado!

50 Shooter
December 5, 2005, 07:02 PM
I'm bumping this early so anyone that want's to come out will get more then a weeks notice.

Our monthly shoot is Dec.18th for anyone that wants to come out.

Black Majik
December 5, 2005, 08:46 PM
:D

Moonclip
December 7, 2005, 12:26 AM
I might come, how far is this range from about where the 605 and 91 freeways meet? As I will be going shooting on Xmas though(long story) and hitting the indoor range before that week I may just have to make the January shoot. And when is someone going to organize another SGVGC shoot, maybe after the holidays?:D

No_Brakes23
December 7, 2005, 02:48 AM
I'm bumping this early so anyone that want's to come out will get more then a weeks notice.

Our monthly shoot is Dec.18th for anyone that wants to come out.

Damn, I really wanted to attend the next shoot y'all did, but I am going up to Duarte on that day to shoot with my dad.

With the city of Azusa managing to bribe the ACoE and get SGVGC's lease pulled, he wants to shoot at Duarte as much as possible before June 10.:(

I can see the both of us going to AC after June, though.

Hope y'all have fun.

And when is someone going to organize another SGVGC shoot, maybe after the holidays?:D Hopefully before June 10, 2006.:(

Beetle Bailey
December 7, 2005, 03:11 AM
Okay guys, no need hi-jack the Angeles thread ;) . I'll organize a SGVGC shoot for January :D . Details TBD (when I get a 2006 calender :o ).

As far as Dec. 18, it sounds good to me. I'll see if I can drag along a few others :) . I can shoot my .45 Auto one last time before I re-barrel it. And a .45 is almost as good as a .50, right :p ?

With the city of Azusa managing to bribe the ACoE and get SGVGC's lease pulled, he wants to shoot at Duarte as much as possible before June 10.

Me too. I've become part of the "Sunday afternoon crowd" there. . .

Black Majik
December 7, 2005, 04:13 AM
I might come, how far is this range from about where the 605 and 91 freeways meet? As I will be going shooting on Xmas though(long story) and hitting the indoor range before that week I may just have to make the January shoot. And when is someone going to organize another SGVGC shoot, maybe after the holidays?:D

Hey Paul,

Angeles is about 20 or 30 minutes from the 605 & 91. 605N, 210W, exit Osborne. Right on Osborne, left at next light. Go up the hill, Angeles Range is on your left hand side. :)

Okay guys, no need hi-jack the Angeles thread ;) . I'll organize a SGVGC shoot for January :D . Details TBD (when I get a 2006 calender :o ).

As far as Dec. 18, it sounds good to me. I'll see if I can drag along a few others :) . I can shoot my .45 Auto one last time before I re-barrel it. And a .45 is almost as good as a .50, right :p ?

Oooh... looks like we're starting a monthly shoot!

Ken, if we shoot at SGVGC.... is Mike gonna bring his steel out again? Is there a way to rig the rifle steel to handle more abuse...? I dont think it liked getting pounded by 8mm and .308's all too much last time :D

I think we can think of something to make that rifle steel more durable. But dang that things fun to shoot at. :evil:

If you guys are going out to meet up with Shawn and the rest of the .50 cal guys, I'll meet you guys there.

50 Shooter
December 7, 2005, 01:34 PM
Hey BB,
I'll bring my .45(4) and you can tell me if it's as fun as a .50. See if I can get a couple of the guys to bring out the 500 Magnums. Those are almost as much fun, especially when they're loaded with 700gr bullets.:what:

Beetle Bailey
December 8, 2005, 01:04 AM
Just found out from Mike that he'll be out of town on Dec. 18, but I can make it, so why not? ;)

Richard, you can shoot my CZ452 again as well :) . I'm gonna keep bringing that little .22 until you break down and get one for yourself :D . Also, I still need to try out my new-to-me Spanish FR-8 rifle :cool: .

Shawn, 500 magnum, huh? Sheeesh! I've only got peashooters compared to you guys :o . Thanks for your generosity.

Hope to see everyone there!

Black Majik
December 8, 2005, 02:53 AM
Ken,

saweet! I was so gonna get a 452, but I found another deal that I had to sell my Colt Gov. .380 for. Hey, the gun I found was unfired supposedly, and I'm the 3rd owner :D

Shawn,

.500 S&W mag huh? I remember coming back to look at my .308's and Ken looking at his 8mm and thinking, dang ,this looks tiny.

And then the .500 compared to anything... wow.

Ever shot the .460 SW mag yet?

btw, where's Ben... surprised he hasn't peeked into this thread yet. :evil:

Ken...

Psst....

http://www.czub.cz/index.php?p=32&idp=1&ids=3&idz=170&lang=en

Beetle Bailey
December 8, 2005, 03:16 AM
Ken...

Psst....

http://www.czub.cz/index.php?p=32&id...dz=170&lang=en

Ooooo. . . shiny! I like the shiny! :D

But it's not on "the list." In the irony of ironies, I have the Cal DoJ website list marked as a "favorite." :rolleyes:

Besides, my next handgun is gonna be a wheelie ;) .

BamBam-31
December 8, 2005, 03:44 AM
CZ's got waaay too many cool pistols not on The List. :fire:

Yeah, I'm in Vegas that Dec. weekend. Gonna bring my Mom to go see a Sam Hui concert.

We definitely gotta do the Fish Canyon shoot again. Will I bring out my steel plates again? FO' SHO'!! The armor plate can handle the 8mm's, '06's, .308's, and any other caliber not in 50 Shooter's collection, as long as it doesn't have steel in it (core or jacket). The crossbars and legs, however, are not armor....:( If you hit what you're aiming at, it shouldn't be a problem.

Rich, you and Benny missed out on Prado, man. Ken and I pretty much embraced the suck pretty hard. First time shooting rapid fire, timed, in a match-like environment. Wasn't pretty, but it was definitely a challenge and learning experience. We've decided to go every first Sunday of each month for the practice sessions. It's a good change from just plinking at the range. If you decide to try it, don't do .45 like I did. Way too much recoil in rapid fire for newbies like me to handle. Go 9mm, and get a Blade-Tech or Fobus holster. Then prepare to get schooled by Grand Masters posing as old fogies. :D

Sawdust
December 8, 2005, 01:55 PM
I'm going to try and make it this time...right now I'm tentative.

50 Shooter: are you still looking to shoot a Garand?

Sawdust

50 Shooter
December 8, 2005, 01:59 PM
I would NEVER pass up the opportunity to shoot a Garand.:D

Black Majik
December 8, 2005, 03:55 PM
Mike,

That is too funny to hear. I would have loved to come check out the madness with you guys, oh well theres always next time. Just let me know next time you guys are heading out to Prado.

It sounds like a lotta fun. Hmm... :D

realmswalker
December 8, 2005, 06:08 PM
I am thinking about showing up on the 18th at fish canyon. what lanes are you guys going to be on, should i look for anyone in particular.

Black Majik
December 8, 2005, 06:42 PM
I am thinking about showing up on the 18th at fish canyon. what lanes are you guys going to be on, should i look for anyone in particular.

We'll be at the Angeles Range, towards the end of the lanes. Thats where all the .50 cal guys shoot. Ask for Shawn. He's the one that invites us to tag along. :D

He knows who or where we'll be... we're always walking around admiring everything out that day anyways. :evil:

50 Shooter
December 8, 2005, 06:48 PM
BM,
Wait until you guys tag along to the "other" shoot. ;)

It's in May :( but it's worth the wait.:cool:

Realmswalker,
Come on out to Angeles on the 18th.

No_Brakes23
December 8, 2005, 11:56 PM
CZ's got waaay too many cool pistols not on The List.

Yeah, I really would like to have a Stainless CZ75 to go with a Hard Chrome CZ52, but I can't get the former, and most Cali FFLs don't wanna touch the latter. (Gonna have to get a C&R for that one, I guess.) Hopefully the Stainless CZ75B makes it on the list soon.

Oh and what time do y'all meet at Angeles Crest? I told my dad about this, and he said he might be willing to cut our day at Duarte a little short in order to go up there.

50 Shooter
December 10, 2005, 12:24 PM
The range officially opens at 9 am, myself and a couple other of the .50 shooters get there about 8 am. We do this to save some benches so that our group will be together and to keep an eye on each others toys.

Some guys leave around 2 pm and others stay until the range closes. Come on out and bring your dad.

50 Shooter
December 12, 2005, 11:41 AM
*** UPDATE ***

I forgot to add this, you do not need to sign up in the office if you've shot at ASR before. Come over and sign our roster sheet of shooters and sign in/pay there. This will save you time and money as it only costs $5 to shoot all day if you sign in with our group.

If you want a target stand you'll need to go to the office and get one, if they ask tell them you're with us. This is on the HONOR system so please return the target stand. If you shoot it up please pay for it as they charge you for it, if the stand is shot free just place it back in the holders.:)

Black Majik
December 12, 2005, 02:44 PM
*** UPDATE ***

I forgot to add this, you do not need to sign up in the office if you've shot at ASR before. Come over and sign our roster sheet of shooters and sign in/pay there. This will save you time and money as it only costs $5 to shoot all day if you sign in with our group.

Double reminder for Ken and Mike :D

BamBam-31
December 12, 2005, 05:12 PM
Double reminder for Ken and Mike

Hey, man, what happens at Angeles stays at Angeles. :D

Me? I'll be the only saint in Sin City that weekend, eh?

Beetle Bailey
December 13, 2005, 01:47 AM
Double reminder for Ken and Mike

Richard, don't make me teach you a lesson and forget to bring my CZ452 :neener: .

Hey everybody, it's only $5 to shoot! How can anyone pass that up?

Black Majik
December 14, 2005, 02:01 PM
Well... I just got told that I gotta help the family with some stuff this weekend, what a bummer.

I wanted to meet up and have a lil' fun but I guess its most likely not possible.

Have fun guys. :rolleyes:

Ken, I'm bringing 2 boxes of .22's next time. Half for my 1911, 1 1/2 for your 452. :D

Beetle Bailey
December 15, 2005, 01:07 AM
Well... I just got told that I gotta help the family with some stuff this weekend, what a bummer.

Hey, that's what Saturday is for. . . :evil:

Black Majik
December 15, 2005, 01:08 AM
Hey, that's what Saturday is for. . . :evil:

I wish....

Darn it... i wanna go shoot, rather than help my uncle move. But, if we finish early, say.... on saturday, I'd definitely gonna try and make the shoot.

:(

Beetle Bailey
December 18, 2005, 04:18 AM
There must be something going around. . . I'm having car trouble and probably won't be able to make it tomorrow. :(

Have fun and blast one of those steel plates for me! ;)

No_Brakes23
December 21, 2005, 01:23 AM
My dad and I ended up staying at SGVGC till closing, and still didn't get everything done. But I noticed that the doghouse cleared out earlier than usual, and apparently a few of the B-resters headed up to ACR to check it out in anticipation of SGVGC's closing.

Gotta get up there soon, myself. Let us know when you go again.

mrkubota
December 23, 2005, 05:23 AM
Ken,

btw, where's Ben... surprised he hasn't peeked into this thread yet. :evil:

Ken...

Psst....

http://www.czub.cz/index.php?p=32&idp=1&ids=3&idz=170&lang=en

Here I am! Been spending too much time over at Serbu's board lately... waiting for my new order to show up...

Sorry you guys had to miss the last meet at ASR. Along with the usual .50s, I brought out MaDuece to test the new mount I've been working on:

http://www.daplane.com/50bmg/m2hb/m2hb_ped00.jpg

50 Shooter
January 4, 2006, 03:58 PM
Starting off the new year with a double dose of shooting. The regular monthly shoot is on the 15th at Angeles Range. For those of you that have signed up to try their hand at a 1000 yard match, it's on the 29th (*tentatively) at Desert Marksman Range. The match is being put on by Tom Miller, some of you have met him at the local gun shows selling EDM .50's.

Space is limited for the match and if you want to join in you'll need to contact Tom, I'll pass along info if you need it. If you want to come out and watch you can go to www.dmrpc.org for directions. Lastly, dress WARM if you come out. January up in the mountains can be very cold and the wind races through that area.

* Added that as weather could disrupt the shoot, i.e. rain or snow.

I wanted to go to the shoot on the 8th but work and having not yet started loading for the match is ruining things for me.:uhoh:

50 Shooter
February 13, 2006, 12:26 PM
*Bump*

Back at Angeles this coming Sunday (19TH).

May is getting closer.:cool: Keep the weekend of the 19th-21st open.

Black Majik
February 13, 2006, 01:18 PM
*Bump*

Back at Angeles this coming Sunday (19TH).

May is getting closer.:cool: Keep the weekend of the 19th-21st open.

Darn I'm gonna be in Indianapolis for a trade show this weekend. :(

ETA: Looks like I'm not going to Indy anymore, so I might be able to go!! :D

ETA2: Well, looks I'm going to go, and from what I heard, Ken and Mike too. :)

Beetle Bailey
February 17, 2006, 01:29 AM
50 Shooter Weather permitting, I'll see you on Sunday. :cool: Hope you had a good time at the SHOT Show. Let's see. . . this time I think I'll bring my M1 Garand as well as my Cali-legal AR National Match. That should make for a nice compare and contrast. Oh, and the CZ452 Lux to plink with on the pistol side :D .

May is getting closer. Keep the weekend of the 19th-21st open.

We'll discuss this in person on Sunday ;) .

Black Majik
February 18, 2006, 05:23 PM
So hows it looking for tomorrow?

Its dry and sunny in my area rite now, though it rained this morning. Think we'll be good for tomororw?

BamBam-31
February 19, 2006, 02:11 AM
Only very light sprinkles here in San Gabriel. I think it'll dry up by the morning.

Unfortunately, tomorrow's my mom's big birthday bash, so I can't make it. :(

Have a blast, fellas. See you next time, eh? :)

Draven32
February 19, 2006, 05:33 AM
I don't call whats outside light sprinkles

Black Majik
February 19, 2006, 06:16 AM
Almost 2:30 in the morning and its pouring hard outside. I think I'm gonna sit this one out. :(

Beetle Bailey
February 19, 2006, 02:30 PM
Where I'm at it's sunny right now but I see dark clouds by the mountains so I'll see everyone next time.

50 Shooter
February 19, 2006, 07:22 PM
We got rained out!:(

Oh well, there's always next time.:)

Kevlarman
February 19, 2006, 10:32 PM
I pased through Acton on my way to Malibu this morning, and boy, it was snowing! The 6-car car accident scene was really no surprise; people are always driving too fast for the road conditions.

On the other hand, the weather at the Nissan Open was almost perfect! No rain, a decent amount of sun, but some brisk breezes. :)

I hope the next shoot we have won't be rained out!

Draven32
February 20, 2006, 12:12 AM
snow? cool....

Black Majik
February 20, 2006, 12:52 AM
we should figure out the march shoot soon. :D

Beetle Bailey
February 20, 2006, 01:50 AM
Well, on the bright side, I didn't have to try to endure the long car ride with the Garand and the AR in the back seat :uhoh: . I don't think they get along and I'm pretty sure they would have gotten into an argument somewhere on the 210 freeway ;) .

On a more serious side, it was cool when I was getting both those rifles packed up last night because I had never had both out at the same time before. Other than the sights and two stage triggers, they seem like opposites, but I really do like both a lot. I really wanted to shoot both on the same day :( . I guess "Sproing" vs. "Ping" will have to wait until next time. . .

Kevlarman
February 20, 2006, 03:10 AM
My AR calls my Garand "Pops." :D

Can you imagine getting buttstroked with the solid walnut/metal stock of the Garand vs. the Mattel plastic of the AR? :evil:

50 Shooter
February 20, 2006, 12:34 PM
I know the weather for the May shoot will be nice.:D

http://www.daplane.com/50bmg/ds2004/gduty3.jpg

mrkubota
February 21, 2006, 12:08 AM
Glad I didn't have to miss anything!
I was in AZ for the weekend (perfect weather there...) for a Light Sport Aircraft presentation/seminar and as it happened they had a number of WWII warbirds on display as well. (Falcon Field in Mesa, AZ)

Most of the old bombers still had their guns in place and there were some unsual features I've never seen before:

This backplate grip/trigger assembly added to this M3 uses trigger actuators for each forefinger, rather than the typical butterfly/thumb assembly:

http://www.daplane.com/photo/b25_m3_nose.jpg

and these port mounted guns with these unusual flash hiders/muzzle brakes?
http://www.daplane.com/photo/b25_port_guns.jpg

some other pics...
B25 bomb racks
http://www.daplane.com/photo/b25_bomb_racks.jpg

B17 chin guns
http://www.daplane.com/photo/b17_chin_guns.jpg

Marine Corp 'Mule' w/106mm recoiless rifle
http://www.daplane.com/photo/mule_106_wide.jpg

106mm Recoiless Ammo
http://www.daplane.com/photo/mule_106_ammo.jpg

50 Shooter
March 8, 2006, 09:12 PM
This month's shoot is Sat. the 18th, got a 1919 build party to go to Sunday.:)

50 Shooter
June 9, 2006, 11:19 AM
Back at Angeles this month on the 18th for those that want to come out.

Sorry, no Tannerite at the range.:neener:

Black Majik
June 9, 2006, 12:19 PM
Sorry, no Tannerite at the range :neener:

LOL :evil:

No_Brakes23
July 18, 2006, 12:47 AM
Any 50cal shoots in July or August?

I am moving to Washington in late August, and it would be fitting if one of my last shoots in SoCal involved the nose-thumbing .50 cal :D

50 Shooter
July 18, 2006, 03:07 AM
There's going to be a beltfed shoot at Lytle Creek this coming Sunday (23rd). Our next shoot at Angeles will be Aug. 20th.

50 Shooter
November 13, 2006, 01:41 PM
Next shoot is this coming Sunday (19th) at Angeles Range, www.angelesranges.com

Beetle Bailey
November 15, 2006, 12:55 AM
I'll be there this Sunday around 12:30 to 1:00. I have unfinished business with a certain steel pig at the 200 yard-line. . . :D

Black Majik
November 15, 2006, 03:10 AM
Noo!!

While you guys are blasting away I gotta go eat chicken feet and steamed pork buns! :rolleyes:

silverlance
November 15, 2006, 03:21 AM
Ok I'll be there too.

Will bring my puppies.

Hey, would you guys ever considering meeting up at burro canyon to play gunshot poker, pumpkin blasting, or handgun dueling tree?

Kev

50 Shooter
November 15, 2006, 11:49 AM
Just an update, we set up at the far end of the rifle range. Just look for all the .50's and that's us.:)

Beetle Bailey
November 15, 2006, 11:30 PM
While you guys are blasting away I gotta go eat chicken feet and steamed pork buns!

I prefer the baked BBQ pork buns myself. BTW, if you would eat that stuff in the morning like you're supposed to, you could come shooting with us in the afternoon. . . :neener:

Save some chicken feet for me, it's one of my favorites! ;)

Hey, would you guys ever considering meeting up at burro canyon to play gunshot poker, pumpkin blasting, or handgun dueling tree?

We can talk about this on Sunday.

BamBam-31
November 16, 2006, 04:13 AM
Yeah, if you haul ass, you can still make it to ASR after Dim Sum. It gets dark around 5:30pm, so if you get there before 2:00pm, you should still have a few hours to shoot. Our quasi-routine is to shoot rifles first, then pistols later in the day (need more sunlight for rifles), so maybe just join up with us on the pistol side.

silverlance, ASR has two pistol dueling trees with two targets each, IIRC.

LeoC
November 16, 2006, 02:34 PM
Hey All, I'm planning to go on Sunday along with my wife. This will be my first THR shoot as I've been in China for the last two years. My wife is a recent immigrant and was taught to shoot handguns just a week or so ago by IGSR96 himself :D She's eager to get out to the range again (good catch by me eh? :D ). She'll be shooting .22lr through a handgun (Kimber TLEII with a .22 conversion kit). I'll likely bring my SIGpro in .40 and my SU16b in .223. Be great to meet you guys in person!

I'll wear my Molon Labe polo shirt for easier ID. Wife will likely be wearing her 5.11 shirt and sport a SIGARMS baseball cap :D

-LeoC

Beetle Bailey
November 17, 2006, 12:53 AM
My wife is a recent immigrant and was taught to shoot handguns just a week or so ago by IGSR96 himself

Oh, you know Benny? Well, we won't hold it against you. :neener:

(Just kidding, Benny!)

Looking forward to meeting some new faces this weekend :cool: . Oh, and also looking forward to seeing some old friends.

silverlance
November 17, 2006, 04:04 AM
we should have a dim sum party in monterey park before going to the range lol

re dueling trees

yes they do but only one works

and its old and crappy... paddles keep getting stuck perpendicular on the back very hard to shoot it out!

Kevlarman
November 17, 2006, 01:06 PM
I'll be playing Nintendo Wii Sunday. :neener:

BamBam-31
November 18, 2006, 02:55 AM
What? No PS3? Come on, James! :p

I'm trying hard not to buy an XBOX 360 myself, but that damn "Gears of War" commercial haunts my every waking moment.

Hook, line, and sinker, oh we poor fools. :o

LeoC
November 19, 2006, 10:14 PM
Just wanted to say my wife and I had a great time at the range today. It was great meeting Ken and Mike on the rifle range.

Beetle Bailey
November 20, 2006, 12:06 AM
Sorry I didn't get there until just before 1 o'clock (but I did warn you all).

LeoC Great meeting you and Penny; too bad we couldn't spend more time together on the "handgun" side. There's always next time.

silverlance Sorry we missed you, but somehow I think we'll run into each other eventually. . . ;)

50 Shooter Don't worry, Ben took great care of us. I got to shoot one of his .50 BMG's, and then a .50 DTC back to back I couldn't tell the difference.

iGSR96 Even though they were only mouse-guns, I hope you enjoyed the .223 rem and the .22lr rifles. They are great practice guns and also good for introducing new shooters!

Silliest moment: Me shooting the tripod mounted belt-fed semi-auto 1919 slow-fire without even using the sights! :rolleyes: I kept hearing "It's not a sniper rifle; it's not meant to be a precision weapon!" in the background when I was shooting, but old habits die hard and I was weened on bolt-action rifles :o .

My only regret (other than not cutting loose on the 1919) was that I didn't spend enough time getting to know more of the people there. . .

BamBam-31
November 20, 2006, 04:04 AM
Hey 50 Shooter! Where were you?

chug-a-chug-a-chug-a-chug-a-CHOO!-CHOO!! :D

Don't worry, Ben and Bondo (sp?) held down the fort for ya. See you next month, eh? ;)

Benny, always good to see you, bud. Nice to meet your friends, LeoC and his wife, as well. Make sure they come out and play again sometime.

Was fun shooting at Angeles. RO's seem to have toned down the attitude a notch (but only a notch). Good to see Jim from SGVGC walking the line as well, kinda like bringing a piece of home with you. Might just make ASR our new hangout. :)

50 Shooter
November 20, 2006, 07:25 PM
Yeah, I know, all work and no play makes 50 Shooter a :( shooter!

My head was hitting the pillow in Yuma about the time you guys started shooting. At least the return trip wasn't to bad.:o

DerringerUser
November 20, 2006, 10:04 PM
Heh, you guys should do it at the TFL range in burbank :neener:.

Black Majik
November 21, 2006, 03:36 PM
Heh, you guys should do it at the TFL range in burbank :neener:

Heh.... not with these rifleholics. They'll get bored before they step up to the line :D

Anyone interested to shoot this weekend? Gotta do some sort of shooting for this long weekend...

silverlance
November 21, 2006, 04:35 PM
Didn't get to go this Sunday. Had to do grades for my 9th graders. sigh*
I'll be up there tomorrow (wednesday night after 6), burro canyon on saturday, likely on sunday ASR.

50 Shooter
December 11, 2006, 01:46 PM
This months shoot is on the 17th at ASR, see you there.

Beetle Bailey
December 16, 2006, 01:45 AM
Shawn, I won't be able to make it this month, but I hope weather permits and you guys have a blast (sorry :D ). If you get in touch with Ben, can you let him know? Last time out he said he would bring a few extra rifles for me to shoot the next time we had a shoot and I would hate for him to go to the trouble when I can't even make it to the shoot. Thanks a bunch and ring the 600 yard gong for me!

Socrates
December 16, 2006, 02:42 AM
Sorry to break in, but aren't .50 cal illegal in Kali? Or is it just sale of new .50's??
Thanks

s

Beetle Bailey
December 16, 2006, 02:49 AM
California has banned the sale of .50 BMG rifles, but if you already had one from before the ban and registered it, you get to keep it. If you must have a rifle in .50 cal (besides the muzzle-loaders) you can try a .50 DTC, which uses a shorter case and the same projectiles as .50 BMG. You're gonna have to handload for it, but it's an option.

50 Shooter
December 16, 2006, 10:54 PM
There are many options besides .50 BMG but you'll have to do your own work (see pic).

Looks like we're gonna get rained out.:(

mrkubota
December 18, 2006, 02:16 AM
No rain at ASR! Where'd everybody go?

Crowded, but only 6 fifties to be seen and 4 of 'em were mine....

1 - 82a1 cal
2 - BFG-50 (.50dtc)
1 - BFG-50 (.50bmg)
1 - UltraMag50 (.50bmg)
1 - UltraLite50 (.50spotter)

Beetle Bailey
December 18, 2006, 02:45 AM
No rain at ASR! Where'd everybody go?

Ben, I really gotta apologize for that. I couldn't make it and I'm sorry you brought all that stuff out for a small showing. I do appreciate it however. Thanks a bunch!

50 Shooter
December 18, 2006, 03:59 AM
At least this time I can say I wasn't sitting in Yuma! :uhoh:

Still ended up having to work, wish they would stop letting some people ride for free and give the rest of us a break!

BamBam-31
December 18, 2006, 04:09 AM
Sorry, guys. I shot a match on Saturday, so Sunday was family day. We'll make it out next time, eh?

Black Majik
December 19, 2006, 11:51 PM
Ditto Mike, hope to make it out for January's shoot :)

CountGlockula
December 20, 2006, 09:33 PM
Please post up the next meeting. I'd love to attend. Angeles shooting range is the best!

rojoko
January 5, 2007, 04:05 AM
If you're shooting .50, I take it no one would mind if I brought up Ma Duece to play? No, I don't provide ammo for anyone else, to damn expensive. I stopped doing that years ago...

rojoko
January 5, 2007, 04:08 AM
To the fellow with the picture of all the .50 cals... what on earth is the 50 fat mac??

You fellows ever rebarrel the old Boys rifles that were so cheap in the 60's??

mrkubota
January 6, 2007, 12:23 PM
Next .50 shoot is on 01/21/07 at ASR (angelesranges.com) Tell the office you're shooting with the Fifty Club to get a discount on the range fee. We set up on the far left side of the rifle range.

If you bring out your M2HB, just be aware that ASR doesn't allow steel core ammo!

There are a few Boys 50BMG conversions around. I've seen some over in AZ, but not yet in SoCal.

The Fat Mac is a Gale McMillan design that didn't really go anywhere. Though accurate, it eroded barrels way too fast!

http://www.daplane.com/50bmg/prince_al_m2_3.jpg

50 Shooter
January 7, 2007, 04:30 PM
Thanks Ben for posting up the date again.:)

Just to add about the Fat Mac, it was a 20mm case that was highly wildcatted down to 50 BMG. Like Ben said it ate barrels way to fast for anyone to want one.

silverlance
January 7, 2007, 08:08 PM
1.21.2007 = Next Next Sunday; Second to the Last sunday of the month.
I'l be there wearing my Burro Canyon tshirt. If it gets as windy as it was the last time I was there, I will be also in my milsurp camo with a hoodie on.

Wish I could join you guys with your fifties but all I've got in the way of big bore is an 8mm mauser FN49 =)

See you there.

rojoko
January 9, 2007, 03:32 PM
You'd be suprised at all the different ways that MGs were mounted in Aircraft, a lot of it was simply "figured out" as they were mounting it at the aircrafts base during the war.. for several years it was really a hodge podge of differing ways to get the extra firepower into the aircraft, especially the slower more vunerable twin engine bombers. THe extra 50 mounts were used on the B-25s as well as the B/A 26 Douglas invader (most noteably during Korea), The A 20 Havoc, the B 26 Maurader.. etcetcetcetc...

My old partner from the mid 80's was the grandson of Hap Arnold, and even though I knew a lot of aviation people for years before this, I met a LOT of people through my partner.. including many US pilots/aces, German (yes I knew Dolfo Galland and Gunter Rau.. etc).. and Brits.

Actually the most facinating were the Germans, closely followed by the Americans, because they always had great stories of Americans being Americans!! And sorting all the stuff out on the fly.. getting it mounted etc etc

Anyway, got a ton of old books and mags on this stuff, aside from what I know... yep, I"ve pulled M3s out of the wings of "retired" WWII aircrfaft from South of the border... especially P47s... Built my favorite M2 from an old rusted M3...

Loved the fact that I didn't have to pay for the ammo!!

rojoko
January 9, 2007, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the explanation! Looked like some of the crazier wild cat stuff I tinkered with back in the 70s-80s... ate barrels like a bat out of heck!

rojoko
January 9, 2007, 03:50 PM
Come to think of it, I suppose you post the dates regularely.. but if you continue to do so, I imagine I'll wander out one of these years.. Never a big fan of Angeles, I used to shoot over at DM for many many years.. I haven't shot at Angeles in 25-30 years.. last range I was at, was the "new" Thompson range over by Piru... what a collosal PITA to get to!

But keep on posting the dates..

(And sorry for being absent minded)

BamBam-31
January 9, 2007, 04:16 PM
Doh! I rented a private bay at Burro that day for some IPSC practice. Beetle Bailey, Black Majik, and a couple others from THR will be going there instead. Sorry. :(

I know we keep saying "next time," but we really mean it. Beetle's even getting membership at ASR cuz we think we'll be regulars there.

Keep the faith, guys.

Beetle Bailey
January 10, 2007, 02:08 AM
Doh!

My thoughts exactly! Okay, I'm clearing the calendar for next month since I can't make it this time. I'm sure you guys will all have fun with the .50's.

50 Shooter
January 10, 2007, 11:49 AM
There's a 600 yard match at Desert Marksman on the 28th if you guys want to come out. It's for mouse guns this time, giving the .50's a break.:)

Bri-Dog
January 13, 2007, 05:22 PM
Not sure if this thread is still being watched. Am new shooter in SoCal and I go to Angeles Range. Would like to check you guys out some Sunday if your are still going

mrkubota
January 14, 2007, 11:25 AM
Welcome to THR!
If you'd like to shoot with the big fifities, we'll be at ASR on the 21st...

50 Shooter
January 15, 2007, 01:04 PM
Yep, if you're not busy this Sunday come on out. Just look for us on the far end of the rifle range.

CountGlockula
January 18, 2007, 07:34 PM
I may check you guys out, but what time?

I'm planning to hit Angeles early to go to the handgun metal targets area.

I hope I can see and meet some great friends.

50 Shooter
January 19, 2007, 08:13 PM
Most of the guys show up about 9am.

mrkubota
January 23, 2007, 01:36 PM
Good turn out for the .50 shooters at ASR on the 21st.
Lots of DTC guns starting to show up and newbie interest is rising too!
Got the chance to run the M2HB on the new Sokolov mount as well.
Seemed to be a crowd favorite.

Here a new 50 shooter tries on the M2HB and an AR-50:
http://www.daplane.com/50bmg/asr_m2hb_sokolov.jpghttp://www.daplane.com/50bmg/asr_ar50.jpg

Beetle Bailey
January 26, 2007, 03:03 AM
Ben, that's awesome! I'm already marking my calendar for the next one.

50 Shooter
January 29, 2007, 05:44 AM
**** ATTENTION BIG FEBRUARY SHOOT ****

Feb. shoot will be at Lytle Creek, we are combining the shoots with our SoCal 1919 belt fed brothers. If you plan on attending be sure to show up early to get a spot on the line.

Feb. 18th at Lytle Creek! Be there or be :(

Big J of Calif
January 30, 2007, 05:28 AM
Hey Guys

Are you going to West End Gun Club or the Firing line, both are in Lytle Creek. What time are you planning to be there? I just want to check it out, I may dig out some of my Iron see how it goes.

By the way keep up the good work it looks like you guys have a blast.

50 Shooter
January 30, 2007, 11:29 AM
It will be at the regular Lytle Creek firing line, I know everyone will be there early (when they open) to get a spot on the line. One of guys that goes there regular is trying to reserve part of the range for us.

50 Shooter
February 7, 2007, 11:48 AM
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/5416/imag0011fm6.jpg

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6156/imag0003zm9.jpg

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/8774/img3530ch9.jpg

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/2136/imag0022ff4.jpg

These are some pics from the last belt fed shoot at Lytle Creek.

Punkermonkey
February 10, 2007, 12:39 PM
Do I have to have a belt fed to attend?

Black Majik
February 10, 2007, 09:36 PM
Great pics shawn!

Mauserguy
February 10, 2007, 10:11 PM
I thought that machine guns were illegal in Kali. What's the deal?

I'll try to make the next one if it is at Lytle Creek.
Mauserguy

mrkubota
February 11, 2007, 01:13 AM
They aren't "machine" guns.... they are belt-fed semi automatic long guns.
Don't even meet the CA definition of an "assault weapon".

I'm sure the helpful CA legislation will find a way to fix that oversight eventually....:neener:

50 Shooter
February 11, 2007, 04:45 PM
No, you don't need a belt fed to attend. Come on out on the 18th and have fun shooting, that's what it's all about.;)

Come early and you might even get a cool shirt for free.

50 Shooter
February 16, 2007, 08:28 PM
Bump.

See you on Sunday if you can make it.

Beetle Bailey
February 17, 2007, 01:44 AM
I'm planning on being there this time, though I don't have any big bores or belt-feds to share. Time to dust off my M91/30 Mosin Nagant and bring out the M48 Mauser. :)

Beetle Bailey
February 19, 2007, 12:31 AM
Hey, that was really fun!

Shawn, you weren't kidding about showing up early. Around 10:15 AM they stopped selling passes because there was no more benches available! Luckily, Richard and I got there just after they opened. Too bad we missed you, but let me assure you, it was a definately a fun time.

I got to shoot twin 1919 belt-feds! Then I shot a .50 BMG rifle! What could be better? Why, a belt-fed .50 BMG! It's the two great tastes that taste great together (with apologies to Reese's) :D .

Also, it was great to see quite a few familiar faces. I'm already looking forward to the next shoot.

Black Majik
February 20, 2007, 02:10 AM
That was awesome. Hopefully we'll see you at the next shoot. *ahem!* :D

50 Shooter
February 23, 2007, 12:23 PM
:(

That's all I have to say about that.

Glad you guys had a good time, saw the pics on 1919a4 and they look great.

Beetle Bailey
February 24, 2007, 12:44 AM
Shawn, it was the best Chinese New Year celebration I've ever had. Richard and I were playing "golf" with our pistols and rifles :D .

50 Shooter
March 6, 2007, 08:25 AM
This months shoot is back at Angeles Range on the 18th.

50 Shooter
March 23, 2007, 07:00 AM
:eek:

http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t44/1919_4_ME/?action=view&current=SoCalBeltFedShootPromo.flv

:eek: :what: :cool:

50 Shooter
March 30, 2007, 12:42 PM
Looks like April will be full of shoots, besides the 22nd at Lytle Creek there's the shoot at Angeles on the 15th and for those interested* there will be a 1000 yard match at Desert Marksman on the 29th.

*If you want to shoot contact me and I'll put you in contact with the match director. There's limited space for this shoot, 20 teams 2 people each team fired from the prone. Here's a link to the range www.dmrpc.org

WoofersInc
April 3, 2007, 03:49 PM
I've got to get to one of these shoots. Recently got myself a 50 and will probably need some help getting it sighted in. Not used to the long range stuff. Have to see how the work schedule goes.

50 Shooter
April 3, 2007, 04:43 PM
Come on out and we'll help you get set up.:)

Beetle Bailey
April 5, 2007, 04:54 AM
I cleared my calendar for the April 15 shoot at Angeles Shooting Range so I'll be there. I'll see if I can drag along a few other familiar faces.

Beetle Bailey
April 16, 2007, 12:47 AM
I was there about 12:30 with BamBam-31 but we didn't see anyone, so we went to shoot at the black powder area on the far right of the range. As I was leaving I heard that someone showed up with a belt-fed. :eek: Sorry I missed you.

50 Shooter
May 8, 2007, 09:06 PM
No shoot at Angeles this month, you guys know where we'll be.;)

June 3rd looks like another belt fed shoot at Lytle Creek and we'll be back at Angeles on June 17th. Yes, I know it's Father's Day (and my B-day) so bring your dad along also. I'm bringing my son and when we're done we'll head home and finish the day with the wife.:)

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=27894&d=1124669163

Gonna have to take a new pic of him with my .50.

50 Shooter
May 20, 2007, 04:55 PM
Hope you guys had fun.

See you next month either at the 1919 shoot on the 3rd or at ASR on the 17th.

Beetle Bailey
May 20, 2007, 09:03 PM
I had a lot of fun shooting, but that was really just icing on the cake. It was great to see some familiar faces and catch up a bit. Thanks again for helping me with my trap skills.

longeyes
May 21, 2007, 01:40 PM
Anyone shoot at Angeles during the week?

BamBam-31
May 21, 2007, 02:26 PM
Hey, good seeing ya again, Shawn! Good times, definitely. :)

Black Majik
May 21, 2007, 02:37 PM
Shawn

We had a blast! I can't believe how fast we went through the clays and shotgun ammo!

It was great seeing ya again, it's been a while. Gotta do it again. :D

Beetle Bailey
May 22, 2007, 11:50 PM
Anyone shoot at Angeles during the week?

Weekends only for me.

glockman19
May 23, 2007, 12:09 AM
I plan on going to Angeles tomorrow 5/23.

I was there on the 18th on the Pistol Rifle range side sighting in my New AR. Sorry I missed meeting you guys. Won't be around on Fathers day.

I did come over to say hello to Kevin though.

50 Shooter
June 12, 2007, 12:20 AM
Just a reminder that we'll be at Angeles Range on the 17th, I know it's Father's Day so bring your dad.:)

Beetle Bailey
June 13, 2007, 02:44 AM
I'm sorry but I will have to pass this time.

50 Shooter
July 1, 2007, 09:16 AM
This months shoot is on the 15th, see you there if you can make it.:)

LittleLebowski
July 1, 2007, 04:38 PM
Tom Miller running this one?

50 Shooter
July 1, 2007, 05:37 PM
No, Tom holds his shoots (matches) out at Desert Marksman. This is just a fun shoot that we do, everyone is welcome to come out.

Tom's match for this month is on the 29th.

Beetle Bailey
July 3, 2007, 04:26 AM
This months shoot is on the 15th, see you there if you can make it.

I'll mark my calendar :D.

Beetle Bailey
July 16, 2007, 12:31 AM
Shawn,

Mike and I finally got there around 12:30 PM and saw a few familiar faces. They told us we just missed you :(.

50 Shooter
July 16, 2007, 03:35 PM
I think you missed my ghost, I was there in spirit not body. Maybe they thought that they saw me there also. :what:

Or maybe they were smelling to much gunpowder/smoke and got little high on the fumes and hallucinated me there.:uhoh:

mrkubota
July 16, 2007, 04:07 PM
No, no, noooo!
We said 'Don' not 'Shawn'! :neener:

http://www.daplane.com/50bmg/asr_071507_01.jpg

http://www.daplane.com/50bmg/asr_071507_00.jpg

50 Shooter
July 16, 2007, 07:13 PM
Yeah, when you say Don you have to include "turkey" or people might mistake our two names. When people think Shawn they remember the "WalMart Greeter".:neener:

Hey Ben, looks like you went through a few rounds of 50 DTC.:)

Beetle Bailey
July 17, 2007, 02:01 AM
Okay, in my defense, those .50 cals are really loud!

50 Shooter
August 5, 2007, 04:34 AM
This months shoot is on the 19th.

50 Shooter
August 18, 2007, 08:59 PM
Bump, see you guys in the morning.

50 Shooter
September 6, 2007, 12:43 PM
This months shoot is on the 16th at ASR and there's a match at Desert Marksman on the 30th.

Slinky
September 8, 2007, 05:12 PM
Where exactly is ASR?

50 Shooter
September 9, 2007, 04:35 PM
www.angelesranges.com

Basically it's up by Sunland off the 210 Fwy by Hansen Dam in the North Eastern part of the San Fernando Valley. There's a map on the page, follow the link.

Geno
September 9, 2007, 10:27 PM
Wow that looks like a ton-of-fun!!! :what:

Doc2005

Black Majik
September 10, 2007, 02:01 PM
Wow that looks like a ton-of-fun!!!

Doc2005

G-

It's fun indeed! :D

Shawn,

Looks like we'll be up there this weekend at ASR around noon. Hopefully we'll run into you guys.

Moonclip
September 11, 2007, 06:04 AM
I need to go shooting with you guys again eventually! Lots of new toys since last time(and I'm totally broke to prove it!)

Black Majik
September 11, 2007, 01:11 PM
Paul, come out this sunday! I think last time we saw you was.... what... San Gabriel? Lonnng time ago.

CountGlockula
September 11, 2007, 03:00 PM
I could come by. How will I know where you guys are at Angeles? Do I just ask "Where's THR?"

Black Majik
September 11, 2007, 03:06 PM
Greg,

Shawn and the 50 cal guys are usually at the far end of the rifle range (left side) in the early mornings.

We're usually on the far end of the pistol side (right side) near the shotgun bay from noon til' closing.

CountGlockula
September 11, 2007, 03:17 PM
I'm more of a "pistol" guy, so I'll be with you dudes....I'll definitely will stop by the 50 cal dudes. So should I just frantically yell out "Black Majik"?:D

Black Majik
September 11, 2007, 04:08 PM
That'll work :D

Beetle Bailey
September 12, 2007, 04:01 AM
I'll be there on the pistol side with my new Glock 17 but I'll also be sure to check in with the .50 shooters on the rifle side.

Moonclip
September 12, 2007, 05:40 AM
I probably can't make it but I'll try to get ahold of you all soon or pm/call me anytime. BM, hows that mod 36, surprised you picked up another revolver!

BB, got another Carcano recently.

BM I'm probably gonna hit up the OC sheriffs range on Friday with my new to me 22lr Ruger SP101.

BamBam-31
September 13, 2007, 09:15 PM
So should I just frantically yell out "Black Majik"?

Here's a thread with pics of me (Mike), Black Majik (Rich), and Beetle Bailey (Ken). Scroll down to post #269. I'm the guy in the middle with a blue shirt, Rich is the tall guy in black to my left, and Ken's the guy on the end with the green shooting jacket on.

http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=172450&page=11

See ya Sunday, eh? :)

Slinky
September 14, 2007, 12:08 AM
can anyone tell me how long a drive ASR is from Camp Pen? I'd like to come but I'm not sure if my schedule will allow it.

Kevlarman
September 14, 2007, 12:17 AM
I hope I can make it this weekend guys!

What's the plan? Rifles? Pistols? Every time I bring my shotgun nothing happens! Oops, I forgot I don't have that shotgun anymore...

Slinky, according to Google Maps ASR is about 106 miles from Camp Pendleton. Drive is a little less than 2 hours.

BamBam-31
September 14, 2007, 12:58 AM
James! Wow, haven't heard from you in a while. I'd be GREAT if you could come this Sunday! :D

If you do have a shottie, bring it. We like busting clays at ASR (provided their thrower is working....)

Slinky
September 14, 2007, 02:48 AM
I should have phrased that different, I know its about 100 miles but I had no clue about how that translated to time enroute. I'm new to the area and still learning about California traffic.

iGSR96
September 14, 2007, 04:51 AM
Tentative yes for me. I want to dust off the M1A, its been too long. :(

BamBam-31
September 14, 2007, 04:54 AM
Holy crap! It's like the old days at SGVGC! :D

Black Majik
September 14, 2007, 12:43 PM
Benny, don't forget the shirt!

Or maybe be like last time. Shirt but no M1A, this time M1a but no shirt? :D

Hope you can make it!

Shawn,
How late you guys planning to stay for. I'll try to make it a little earlier to stop by and say hi.

Slinky,
Sundays should be pretty traffic free.

50 Shooter
September 15, 2007, 11:18 AM
Most of the guys stay until around 2ish and a couple stay longer, being Sunday most try to beat the traffic home.

Beetle Bailey
September 15, 2007, 02:49 PM
What's the plan? Rifles? Pistols? Every time I bring my shotgun nothing happens!

Pistols? Rifles? Shotguns? Yes! :D

I have an 870 Wingmaster now, so I'm gonna bring that plus an 8mm Mauser, my new Glock 17, a Ruger 22/45, and a CZ75B. Oh, and something to shoot .223 rem.

For those who don't know me, I'll be wearing a black T-shirt that says "Glock" on it.

Most of the guys stay until around 2ish

Cool, we have some catching up to do. :cool:

Tentative yes for me.

The only acceptable excuse is pretty, smells nice, and has a name. . . :what:;)

TBoliv
September 15, 2007, 04:47 PM
I'm going to try and make it. It'll depend on whether my excuse is going to be home or not... ;)

Black Majik
September 15, 2007, 04:51 PM
Patrick! Welcome to the "cool" forum :D

See ya all tomorrow.

TBoliv
September 15, 2007, 05:13 PM
I've "been here" since February. Never got around to posting anything.

You posted somewhere here a link back to a shoot in April of 06. There's a few videos left. It looks like your first match. You were still shooting a real gun, not that plastic fantastic you've got now. :)

BamBam-31
September 15, 2007, 05:34 PM
Man, this thread is full of surprises, eh? Is the NKK gonna usurp this thread? :D

Kevlarman
September 15, 2007, 10:27 PM
Noon you say?
I guess I could bring along my Garand, CZ75, and Glock 30.
I really don't want to be shooting Wolf through my M4gery at Angeles. :uhoh:

silverlance
September 15, 2007, 11:38 PM
tomorrow?
okay, i might be there.
are you guys going to be bringin out the 50 cal? where are you guys going to hang out?

Beetle Bailey
September 16, 2007, 12:36 AM
Well, the .50 cal shooters usually set up on the far left side of the rifles area. If you get there early enough you shouldn't have trouble finding them. Since I love to sleep in and since I also don't have a .50 cal, I'm gonna get there some time after noon and set up on the handgun/blackpowder side after paying a little visit to old friends.

BamBam-31
September 16, 2007, 01:40 AM
Actually, I think Beetle Bailey meant that the .50 cal guys shoot at the far LEFT side of the rifle range (if you're facing downrange). We tend to set up at the far right side of the pistol/shotgun/rifle side near the clay machine. We shouldn't be too hard to find--we're the crazy guys shooting the 100 yd. steel gongs w/ our pistols. :p

Kevlarman
September 17, 2007, 12:24 AM
Today was a blast! Hope I get to come out at least one more time!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/Kevlarman/Angeles%20Range%209-16-07/DSCF0626resized.jpg
A cool Cali-legal .223 with an M16 upper!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/Kevlarman/Angeles%20Range%209-16-07/DSCF0627resized.jpg
Mike (I always thought he was a Glock guy?)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/Kevlarman/Angeles%20Range%209-16-07/DSCF0628resized.jpg
Richard is a high roller

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/Kevlarman/Angeles%20Range%209-16-07/DSCF0648resized.jpg
Patrick and Mike just hanging during the cease fire

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/Kevlarman/Angeles%20Range%209-16-07/DSCF0641resized.jpg
Richard shoots more than just firearms

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/Kevlarman/Angeles%20Range%209-16-07/DSCF0653resized.jpg
I was shooting a steel gong at 100 yards with a Garand

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/Kevlarman/Angeles%20Range%209-16-07/DSCF0635resized.jpg
Benny is an M1A kind of guy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/Kevlarman/Angeles%20Range%209-16-07/DSCF0640resized.jpg
See?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/Kevlarman/Angeles%20Range%209-16-07/DSCF0637resized.jpg
This thing is cool; like some sort of space gun!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/Kevlarman/Angeles%20Range%209-16-07/DSCF0656resized.jpg
Whoops how'd that get there? :neener:

Beetle Bailey
September 17, 2007, 12:45 AM
A cool Cali-legal .223 with an M16 upper!

Hmmm. . . next time I will try to tidy up the shooting bench before you take a picture. Glad you guys enjoyed the mousegun.

This thing is cool; like some sort of space gun!

It's a Ruger 22/45 with a red dot. The previous owner cut out the finger groves from a Hogue wraparound grip and glued it to the frontstrap. It makes the pistol a lot easier to hold.

Thanks for the nice pictures and I also had a lot of fun. In addition to the cool stuff pictured, I got to shoot a .50 cal and a 7mm Mauser! And the best part was seeing you guys again.

Black Majik
September 17, 2007, 02:51 AM
James,

To a Canon shooter, CoolPix man! ;)

It was great seeing you come out, Benny also you too man! It's been a really long time since we all shot together again.

Anyways, a few of my pics from today.

Benny and his M1A
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/RChang824/DSC_0006.jpg

Mike and his Glock .22. A shirt so fitting
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/RChang824/DSC_0008.jpg

Ken with his Wingmaster
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/RChang824/DSC_0015.jpg

A game of Annie Oakley with Ken and Patrick. James as RO.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/RChang824/DSC_0009-1.jpg

Great fun as always.

BamBam-31
September 17, 2007, 03:34 AM
Nice pics, guys! Too bad we didn't get a pic of Pattie doing the Hot Brass Boogie! :p

Benny, James, it was really good to see you both. If I knew you guys were gonna leave so early, I would have spent more time catching up w/ you two. There's always next time (Benny), eh?

James, hope to see you in November. If not, good luck with the move. :)

CountGlockula
September 17, 2007, 01:32 PM
Looks like everyone had a great time. Sorry to flake out on you guys. I had to cover someone's shift this past weekend. I hope to make it out on the next one. Did you guys hit In 'N Out afterwards?

Thanks for providing the pictures of what I missed!

-Greg.

Scorpiusdeus
September 17, 2007, 04:52 PM
DAMN!! Much closer to me and I still didn't make it. Oh well, see you guys Saturday at Norco.

TBoliv
September 17, 2007, 11:25 PM
"Too bad we didn't get a pic of Pattie doing the Hot Brass Boogie! "

Payback's coming. :evil:

I guess I should probably take it easy on you. Frail asian skin and all. I mean, I did nearly incapacitate you by softly lobbing an EMPTY 12ga shell at your back...

:neener:

50 Shooter
November 4, 2007, 05:03 PM
This months shoot is on the 18th for those of you that can make it out.

simon
November 23, 2007, 08:06 PM
Hey Shawn! Id' forgotton you were on this site too.
I'm gonna try to make it next month too.

50 Shooter
November 24, 2007, 01:03 PM
Yeah I try to get the THR peeps to come out with us also.;)

Just remember 3rd Sun. of the month and you don't need a .50 to come out and shoot. Just load up your guns and come out and shoot.:)

50 Shooter
December 6, 2007, 06:52 PM
Last meet of the year, this months shoot is on the 16th.

50 Shooter
December 12, 2007, 12:14 PM
If you're planning on coming you better get there early as one of the local dealers is having XCR day at the range. To top it all off Robinson himself is suppose to be there.

So bring out your toys and go have a look at the XCR.;)

CountGlockula
December 12, 2007, 09:32 PM
Who's Robinson?

Black Majik
December 12, 2007, 10:08 PM
Of Robinson Arms

scrat
December 13, 2007, 01:12 AM
Ok wait a minute. this looks like angeles ranges. I wish i saw this thread long time ago. I just got my 50 cal Black powder rifle. Its bad azzzz. I was thinking on going out there this weekend. I am planning on taking my 30-30 as i just loaded up 200 rounds for it. 100 cast and 100 jacketed. for my 50 caliber i have only 40 rounds. Until my mold comes in so i can cast some more. What time is everyone meeting at.

Slinky
December 13, 2007, 07:49 PM
Work has gotten in the way the last couple of times I've tried to come, but I go on X-mas leave this week so I have my fingers crossed.

If I do make it, how do I find you guys?

PS. I've got 6 rounds of .50 BMG that I'll happily trade for some trigger time.

50 Shooter
December 13, 2007, 11:14 PM
Slinky and all,
Just look for the .50's at the far end of the rifle range by the clay throwers. Oh and if you want to shoot your .50 BMG rounds just ask. The range opens officially at 9 am but we usually get there early to set up and save some benches.

You can ask for 50 Shooter or Shawn, either way everyone in our group knows who you're asking for.;)

Black Majik
December 14, 2007, 02:59 AM
Ok wait a minute. this looks like angeles ranges. I wish i saw this thread long time ago. I just got my 50 cal Black powder rifle. Its bad azzzz. I was thinking on going out there this weekend. I am planning on taking my 30-30 as i just loaded up 200 rounds for it. 100 cast and 100 jacketed. for my 50 caliber i have only 40 rounds. Until my mold comes in so i can cast some more. What time is everyone meeting at.

Well whatt'ya know... another Bimmerforums member. :D

scrat
December 14, 2007, 03:58 PM
Well whatt'ya know... another Bimmerforums member

You know it

Black Majik
December 14, 2007, 04:27 PM
Well, looks like I'm going to angeles on Sunday instead.

Shawn, we'll see you guys up there if you're still there around noon. :D

scrat
December 15, 2007, 09:21 PM
Ok im stocked up. I will bringing from small to large.

1 Ruger Mark II 22lr CAL
1 Marlin 700 22lr CAL
1 Win 94 30-30 CAL
1 CVA 209 50 CAL

Leaving shotguns and other rifles at home. Too many to bring and shoot. I am taking both of my boys with me. one is 8 the other is 14.

Here is some pics.
Anthony my older son
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q77/scratm3/11Nov-7.jpg

Alex my 8 year old shooting 30-30 with Trail boss light loads.
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q77/scratm3/alex.jpg

Anthony shooting 30-06
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/scrat36/anthony-1.jpg

Me shooting 30-30 Scott

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/scrat36/GetAttachmentww.jpg

Slinky
December 17, 2007, 12:25 AM
Scrat,
thanks for letting me use your spotting scope.

-Ralph(the guy on the bench to your left)

scrat
December 17, 2007, 10:32 PM
Hey no problem your m1 was pretty cool.

50 Shooter
January 5, 2008, 01:19 AM
First shoot of the new year is Jan. 20th and is open to everyone that wants to come out and shoot.

Richard,
I just had Ben load me up some 405 gr. bullets for my .454 so I'll bring it out to play with. I think I'll pack up my SIG and bring it along also as I haven't shot it in a long time. If you and the other guys show up, stop by the rifle side and let me know that you're there and I'll come over and shoot pistols with ya.

Black Majik
January 5, 2008, 02:28 AM
Oh goodness!! Shawn, lol. You got it, I'll let the guys know.

Thanks

CountGlockula
January 8, 2008, 06:50 PM
First shoot of the new year is Jan. 20th and is open to everyone that wants to come out and shoot.

This time I hope to make it. I was just at Angeles last Saturday, it was sprinkling but no one was at the range. Looking forward to this one.
Thanks for setting it up guys!

Black Majik
January 8, 2008, 06:59 PM
Greg,

A few of us will be at Angles this sunday if you wanna try to come out. We'll be on the pistol side around 1pm far end near the clay machine.

CountGlockula
January 10, 2008, 03:15 PM
Thanks Richard! Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Black Majik
January 10, 2008, 03:18 PM
Looks like we'll be having a decent group Sunday. See ya sunday Greg.

CountGlockula
January 10, 2008, 03:23 PM
I'm more "indecent" than decent. LOL!

iGSR96
January 11, 2008, 09:00 PM
Hmmm...Sunday...

Don't forget your coupon! http://www.angelesranges.com/coupon.htm

Black Majik
January 11, 2008, 09:39 PM
C'mon by Benny!!

50 Shooter
January 12, 2008, 04:57 PM
PM me and I'll tell ya how to shoot for $5 all day. :)

iGSR96
January 12, 2008, 05:42 PM
PM inbound. :)

nicki
January 12, 2008, 07:40 PM
Now in Darkness world stops turning
Ashes where the bodies burining

No more War Pigs have the power
Hand of God has struck the hour

Day of Judgement God is calling
On their knees the War Pigs crawling

Begging mercy for their sins
Satan laughs and spreads his wings.

Oh yeah.

Have a good shoot guys, I'm in Northern Cal myself.

Nicki

CountGlockula
January 14, 2008, 07:17 PM
My apologies to my SoCal THRers for not making it. Especially to Black Majik; I just saw the thread of you bringing in your shotty.

I was called in for work.:cuss:

I hope every had a great time.

Black Majik
January 14, 2008, 07:45 PM
All good Greg, there's always a next time!

50 Shooter
January 30, 2008, 11:26 PM
This months (Feb.) shoot is on the 17th (I think as I don't have a calendar handy but 3rd Sun. otherwise).

There's also a belt fed shoot at Lytle Creek on the 10th, more details on 1919a4.com if you want to look it up.

Anyone that wants to shoot a team match there's going to be one at Desert Marksman on Mar. 30th, this is open to .30 cal-.50 cal. If you're interested in attending PM me and I'll get you in touch with the match director.

CountGlockula
February 28, 2008, 03:14 PM
Just want to let you guys know that there will be a gun show this weekend:
http://www.glendalegunshow.com

Sorry there won't be any shooting, but you can buy stuff. :D

50 Shooter
March 9, 2008, 06:20 PM
This months shoot is on the 16th.

silverlance
March 10, 2008, 01:30 AM
Sweet. ASR?
16th?
Okay.

50 Shooter
March 10, 2008, 11:28 AM
Yep, ASR as usual.

Next Sun. the 16th or 3rd Sun. of the month.:)

50 Shooter
March 30, 2008, 02:04 AM
For those of you that read the prior post above somewhere, if you're planning on coming to Desert Marksman tomorrow, be early as they don't want to wait. Gate should be open around 7 AM and once it gets closed I don't think it will be reopened unless you're a member and have the combo.

50 Shooter
April 3, 2008, 11:36 AM
Back at ASR on the 20th, see you there.

scrat
April 3, 2008, 12:38 PM
Cool i will be there

50 Shooter
April 3, 2008, 12:55 PM
If you want to try out a .50 just ask. ;)

Black Majik
April 3, 2008, 01:01 PM
We should be there on the 20th

scrat
April 3, 2008, 01:04 PM
for sure i will

50 Shooter
April 3, 2008, 01:18 PM
Richard,
Be sure you guys come by, maybe I'll bring my 9mm and .454 as I have some new loads to test for the .454.;)

If you enjoyed reading about "SoCal shoot" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!