.50 Cal Sniper Video

PDA

Jmurman
June 17, 2005, 03:27 PM
I just received an email that shows three kills witha .50 Sniper Rifle. The ranges are amazing.

I don;t know how to post a link to a .wmv so if you would like I can forward the email to you.

Email me if you are interested.

If you enjoyed reading about ".50 Cal Sniper Video" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dasmi
June 17, 2005, 03:39 PM
I'm interested.
davemsmith@gmail.com

Falcontech
June 17, 2005, 03:48 PM
I'm interested as well.

john.salayda@njatla.ang.af.mil

Thanks

dasmi
June 17, 2005, 03:48 PM
Holy crap. I'll post it here. Don't click if you don't like guns and splatter.

Video here. (http://silenceisdefeat.org/~dasmi/NastyMeds.wmv)

OF
June 17, 2005, 03:53 PM
I had this video sent to me too, it's supposed to be terrorists in Afghanistan.

Uh huh.

Those terrorists look an awful lot like prarie dogs...and from the zoom-out in the one shot it can't be more than a hundred yards. Plenty of green grass in that last shot, too...don't remember seeing any grass that green in the middle east anywhere. Nice hiding spots for the terrorists, too - right out on the side of the hill like that :)

And if those are supposed to be men blowing up, any round that could send a 200lb man 25ft in the air would be unshootable from anything but a ship.

My money is on prarie dogs and a .308 or a .30-06 with the report audio edited in after the fact.

ID_shooting
June 17, 2005, 03:59 PM
I got that vid in my e-mail yesterday. Those would be rock chucks. As for ranges, maybe 100 - 200 yards. If those were people, it would be throwing them hundreds of feet in the air, not to rain on you parade, but um, my BS-O-Meter is pegging on those being troops killed by a 50.

dasmi
June 17, 2005, 03:59 PM
No, some of the flying debris is clearly biological. Doesn't mean it's a person, however.

sumpnz
June 17, 2005, 04:01 PM
I'm with GRD on that one.

dasmi
June 17, 2005, 04:04 PM
I really should've thought about the bandwidth raping this will inflict on my friend's server...

CTI1USNRET
June 17, 2005, 04:14 PM
Looks like something you would get here

http://www.dogbegone.com/video.htm

Keeps the crows happy.

thorn726
June 17, 2005, 04:17 PM
ok i really dont get the point of making a poor little animal EXPLODE like that!

(and at least one of those was totally an animal, i was watching it creeep along the rocks before they hit it).

seems like a pointless execution.

Derek Zeanah
June 17, 2005, 04:18 PM
My dad sent this to me. Seems to be enough interest for a .torrent.

So, save bandwidth: use bittorrent. :)

PM me if this doesn't work -- first time hosting a torrent on this machine...

Jmurman
June 17, 2005, 04:24 PM
If these are animals, then my apologies..then again the Taliban are animals too...ohhh :)

thorn726
June 17, 2005, 04:28 PM
If these are animals, then my apologies..then again the Taliban are animals too...ohhh

no- the taliban are pests! like roaches, THey should be splattered!

but i am fairly sure that last kill in the vid was a furry little four legger just trying to make his way across a mountian........

flatdog
June 17, 2005, 04:37 PM
When did they move Afghanistan to Colorado? :confused:

Zedicus
June 17, 2005, 04:52 PM
Those are bobytraped animal corpses that are being found & detonated, that is NOT a .50...

Warbow
June 17, 2005, 05:39 PM
Those are bobytraped animal corpses that are being found & detonated, that is NOT a .50...

I don't think so. If they were being detonated you'd see the explosion and then hear the blast. In this video you hear the blast and then see the round impacting. Also looks like animals to me too, definitely not people.

OF
June 18, 2005, 10:09 AM
They're shooting prarie dogs or whatever they are with a .308 or something at about 100 yards or so.

It's all the BS hype around the .50 lately that makes a video like this get the legs it apparently has. Not only do they look exactly like little furry animals (so maybe they are terrorists after all?), but there is no man-shootable rifle that will fling a body 25 or 50 feet in the air. That's physically impossible.

Same reason your .45 won't knock someone off his feet - it would knock you off yours too.

Taurus 66
June 18, 2005, 12:14 PM
Nice kill shots, though these images are just a wee bit too small for my eyes.

chopinbloc
June 18, 2005, 12:15 PM
i concur. i can say with certainty that's not afghanistan and i agree that pieces are flying way too far to be a man-portable weapon used against humans.

El Rojo
June 18, 2005, 01:15 PM
There is absolutely no question that they are shooting at some type of varmint. I would most certainly question that they are shooting a .50 caliber. My 110 gr. V-max out of my .308 make ground squirrels do that. Much more so than my .223.

10MMGary
June 18, 2005, 04:51 PM
He goes by DAA on the Varmints Den BB. He said it was rock chucks shot with a Sako 6AI. Here is a link to his video.
http://www.rmvh.com/ (http://)

Ukraine Train
June 18, 2005, 10:05 PM
I think the audio sounds the way it does because it's slowed down to match the video. I saw a video of people shooting prairie dogs with .223 and they flew up just like that.

If you enjoyed reading about ".50 Cal Sniper Video" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!