Joke OK?

PDA

javafiend
June 20, 2005, 02:22 AM
(If not, lock the thread.)

Q: What's the difference between Iraq and Vietnam?

A: Bush knew how to get out of Vietnam.

:neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "Joke OK?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bogie
June 20, 2005, 08:24 AM
You know, this is getting old.

Time to put up, or shut up.

I'm assuming that you support the 2nd amendment (may be an incorrect assumption, of course...).

WHO would you rather have in office? Kerry? Gore? Hillary?

And as far as Iraq, think of it this way... We've got the hearts and minds of the majority of the population. They had _90%_ voter turnout in the election. Sheesh - Chicago and St. Louis can't even manage that if they include the cemeteries. We've got a BASE in the middle east now, to help stabilize the area. That's the really important thing.

We're NOT going to get out. We're there for a LONG time. Remember Germany in the cold war? The Phillippines? Ft. Sandbox is yet another outpost, and it is a darn valuable one.

Remember when Khadaffi (you spell it, I spell it, whatever...) announced, right after we went through the countryside faster than Patton went through shell-shocked troops, that he was gonna play nice-nice? That is the sort of result we want.

Hussein doesn't matter. OBL doesn't matter. What we're worried about is making the whole region play nice-nice.

cortez kid
June 20, 2005, 09:43 AM
I support the 2nd ammendment. I support the 1st also. I'm a consevatvie Rep., by voting practises. I think Ronald W. Regan was the best president in my life timeand one of the top ten in history. That out of the way, I think that the way this assault is being executed is a slap in the face of the founders. It was a lie and scam to start. I bet a million S&W's that we if asked that jerk in Iraq to back off, he would have. Instead we invade that dirt hole on the pretense of national security. The old flower waiving crowds in the street routine. Sure, there's some who want freedom and safety, they want it handed to them. You would think after all this time they(the Iraq's)would step up and really put and effort to stop the infiltration of their country by these murdering "insurgents". Germany and Japan my have had internal hold-outs, but most of the jerks in this war come from other countries. I don't see people jumping into Moroco, or Jordan, or Libya. If we were serious, we would be kicking Syria's butt, instead we get the old don't go into Cambodia routine. No similarities of "Nam at all heh? Say what you want. It aint working, it won't work and were waisting or future on this big fantasy.
PS If anyone thinks any of these people appreciate what we're doing there, you don't know the people you're dealing with. I'd rather be fighting for oil. Fighting for these guy's will be an insult to this country by the time we can get out of there
kid

Fletchette
June 20, 2005, 09:56 AM
Ever notice how we haven't actually won a war since we stopped actually declaring war?

chopinbloc
June 20, 2005, 10:08 AM
well said, bogie.

one should realize that the president has no intention of leaving iraq soon and never did. kerry said he had no intention of pulling troops out soon during the election, for that matter. remember that congress (republicrats and demicans) approved this action. we fight over there so you don't have to put 'em down in the malls and train stations and starbuck's at home. throughout history it has always been preferable to fight the enemy "over there." one should also note that while kerry punched his officer's ticket in 'nam and got out as soon as possible, bush was a fighter pilot (not exactly the safest job in peacetime, i might add) who volunteered for a mission which would have put him in the sam ridden skies of southeast asia. to his chagrin, his weapon system was being phased out and he missed his opportunity, but not for lack of trying. kerry did not volunteer, in fact he did everything he could to avoid combat short of desertion. when this proved impossible, he claimed every little scratch as battle wounds and got the heck out of dodge post haste. that said, there are some similarities between iraq and vietnam but there are many differences as well. it is oversimplification to confuse the two. at the very least, one has to admit that withdraw now would be extremely destabilizing, probably leaving an even more fertile breeding area for terrorism than before we went.
that said - cortez kid, i imagine you are a kid as it shows up in your writing. i know sometimes you don't get a very balanced view of things from teachers, but it would be to your benefit to be suspicious of political statements from teachers. remember, it is not their job to proselytize so if they state or imply political beliefs they are out of line and one should seriously think about why they are trying to convince you.
salaam alaikam.

Lennyjoe
June 20, 2005, 10:19 AM
I bet a million S&W's that we if asked that jerk in Iraq to back off, he would have
Just like he complied with the UN resolutions?

If anyone thinks any of these people appreciate what we're doing there, you don't know the people you're dealing with
Been to Iraq lately? Talk to any of the soldiers, volunteers that have been there? Didnt think so. Guess you watch CNN too.

Mongo the Mutterer
June 20, 2005, 10:23 AM
Good on you Bogie... Go Cardinals...

You know what the anti Bushies fail to realize is WHO PUT US IN VIETNAM and WHO PUT 55,000 NAMES ON THE MONUMENT...

How about KENNEDY? How about JOHNSON? How about that human piece of filth ROBERT MCNAMARA? Anyone remember?

NIXON GOT US OUT...

Preacherman
June 20, 2005, 10:34 AM
Purpose of this forum:
Get informed on issues affecting the right to keep and bear arms and other civil rights. Coordinate activism, debate with allies and opponents. Discuss laws concerning firearm ownership, concealed carry and self-defense.
Purpose of this thread: none of the above.

If you enjoyed reading about "Joke OK?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!