Keep your guns loaded!

PDA

DRZinn
June 20, 2005, 01:52 PM
http://kyw.com/Local%20News/local_story_169202841.html

Looks like this one is playing out the right way.

If you enjoyed reading about "Keep your guns loaded!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
neoncowboy
June 20, 2005, 02:13 PM
Looks like this one is playing out the right way.

A man murdering his wife and then being killed by one of his sons is '...playing out the right way.' !?

MechAg94
June 20, 2005, 02:18 PM
I am sure there is a history to this family.

davec
June 20, 2005, 02:21 PM
Playing out the right way? *** kind of sick statement is that?

Hawkmoon
June 20, 2005, 02:31 PM
Careful.

The antis are going to have fun with this one. The shotguns weren't in the picture at all until the two kids showed up with two EMPTY shotguns. The father grabbed one and went off to load it in the garage. The other kid loaded the second shotgun while Daddy was loading the first. Daddy fired first.

Expect that the antis will claim that if the kids hadn't dragged out the shotguns nobody would have been killed.

Guess what? They might, in this instance, even be right.

Sawdust
June 20, 2005, 03:03 PM
Obviously, *unloaded* shotguns are dangerous.

Sawdust

TMM
June 20, 2005, 03:34 PM
OK children, this is why you carry a BACKUP gun...

and it's also why you don't confront someone with an unloaded gun...

~TMM

Henry Bowman
June 20, 2005, 03:39 PM
Police are still trying to determine the reason behind the deadly incident. To the extent thay the "reason" matters, it appears that the reason this went down this way was, as noted above, it's also why you don't confront someone with an unloaded gun.

FPrice
June 20, 2005, 03:44 PM
Expect that the antis will claim that if the kids hadn't dragged out the shotguns nobody would have been killed.

Guess what? They might, in this instance, even be right.

“They came out of their respective bedrooms, they saw that their father had a knife to the throat of their mother,” she said.

Yeah, I guess no violent man has ever killed his wife with a knife.

geekWithA.45
June 20, 2005, 08:28 PM
Rule 5: Thou shalt not bluff with a firearm.

(And if it isn't loaded, you're bluffing.)

It seems to me that had the kids not intervened, the Dad could have slit the wife's throat.

The kids had the right idea, but implemented it in a half arsed manner.

bigun15
June 20, 2005, 09:40 PM
I think the kids did the right thing too. The dad was trying to kill the mom, so apparently something was wrong with him. The kids defended their mom from a killer, even if that killer is their father.

I guess I should also say there was another article about this somewhere else, and it said the father had just gotten out of a mental hospital. That should be a red flag right there. The kids were right. If I knew them, I'd congratulate them.

DRZinn
June 23, 2005, 12:55 AM
A man murdering his wife and then being killed by one of his sons is '...playing out the right way.' !?Playing out the right way? *** kind of sick statement is that?I dunno, maybe because the kids aren't being charged with anythjing and there aren't any quotes in the article about how the evil guns caused the death?

Tory
June 23, 2005, 09:37 AM
is their incompetence in producing UNLOADED guns. It seems that 2 teenage boys would be sufficient to take daddy down; if not, they need LOADED guns.

Having the gun taken from them provided the already-homicidal dad with even greater force, which he then used to kill the mother. If the boys had taken dad out in the initial confrontation, there would be only 1 body: psycho dad's.

And that would have been a much better resolution. :scrutiny:

If you enjoyed reading about "Keep your guns loaded!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!