Extreme Shock Ammunition - Anybody?

PDA

shotgunner
June 20, 2005, 04:39 PM
Has anybody tried that "Extreme Shock" ammunition in their 00 buck??
Is it really that much more effective than Federal Tactical??

How about the pistol cartridges, are those any good?
I hear the the elite special forces have really got a hard-on for this stuff. Anybody else?

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Extreme Shock Ammunition - Anybody?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Rupestris
June 20, 2005, 05:05 PM
Marketing ploy.

See this thread : http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=127525&highlight=extreme

If Federal Tactical is working for you and the price/performance is right, stick with it.
HTH,
Chirs

shotgunner
June 20, 2005, 05:34 PM
The pistol cartridges don't seem like marketing ploys though. Seems that their design would increase the energy dump and wound channeling. Personally I don't think it's a total ploy, there has got to be some truth to it, especially since the special forces of our country have a LOT of good things to say about it.

I guess I'll just have to buy some and test it on about 10 2x4's stacked together ;)

Anyone else's input would be appreciated!

Thanks

dasmi
June 20, 2005, 05:36 PM
I hear the the elite special forces have really got a hard-on for this stuff
Have you heard that from ANYONE other than Extreme Shock?
especially since the special forces of our country have a LOT of good things to say about it.
Please post a link demonstrating this.
Read the thread that was linked to in a previous post.

Fred Fuller
June 20, 2005, 06:07 PM
The 'E' word (elite) is an even bigger tipoff than the 'T' word (tactical) that the marketing hype outlets are wide open. Hold onto your wallet whenever you see this sort of verbiage coming from marketing folk.

lpl/nc

If you enjoyed reading about "Extreme Shock Ammunition - Anybody?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!