gun-fucious
March 19, 2003, 02:23 PM
it just went live:
http://www.ruger-firearms.com/index.html

lots of Flash
and kinda baulky

i will bet it looked nice in the office based demo on the developers laptop

;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger's new website" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kharn
March 19, 2003, 02:24 PM
With a cable modem and 2.4gighz, its loading at a decent rate.

Kharn

762x51
March 19, 2003, 02:42 PM
Eh....not bad. Better than their old site. A bit too much Flash though.

Blackhawk
March 19, 2003, 04:11 PM
It's different from its old one, and it's not as easy to use. Seems like it was designed by some young eagle eyed webbie. A bit too cute and Flashy for me, but I'm sure it will improve.

I hate sites with black backgrounds and low contrast text like the gold and gray they use, but I'm not young and eagle eyed anymore....

cratz2
March 19, 2003, 04:21 PM
That's pretty wild. I know they have to change sometime but I was just there about 2 hours ago checking the model number of the heavy barrel 22LR bolt action and it was the old page.

PAshooter
March 19, 2003, 04:44 PM
Just tried to check it out... but it's not there. Got a page that said "Future Home of Ruger Firearms" and an ad for the web host.

Can you say "beta test"?

gun-fucious
March 19, 2003, 05:11 PM
thats wierd, now its redirecting to the IP address:
http://66.152.254.150/

WonderNine
March 19, 2003, 08:40 PM
Well they still don't have any 9mm SP-101's listed :rolleyes:

Nightcrawler
March 19, 2003, 09:11 PM
They finally have pictures of all their different models, though. That's nice...

Nightcrawler
March 19, 2003, 09:14 PM
My mistake. No they don't. GRRRR...come ON, guys.

DMK
March 19, 2003, 09:17 PM
Looks nicer. But after poking around for five minutes, I think I broke it. :rolleyes: Sorry guys.

twoblink
March 19, 2003, 10:04 PM
I have emailed no less than 8 emails to Ruger about their awful websites...

So I'm glad someone is sick of listening to us complain. I even had a big thread on TFL about it.

Now I hope Colt, Smith etc.. will follow suit..

Kahr carrier
March 19, 2003, 10:08 PM
Not bad .:)

mdsteele
March 20, 2003, 12:36 PM
Anybody check out the suggested retail on those mini 14s?
They have lost their bloody minds.

Justin
March 20, 2003, 12:49 PM
A bit too much Flash? That's one of the most sedate Flash-incorporated websites I've ever seen!

Maybe I've just been spending too much time at http://www.shadowness.com...

PALongbow
March 20, 2003, 12:52 PM
The new web site does have alot more information than before but you really have to dig to find it.

Ron

Russ
March 20, 2003, 03:15 PM
I think it does have alot more info than their old one. Seems a little slow loading but I think it's an improvement over what they had. Thanks for posting it. I have been wanting to know if they made a .357 Vaquero Birdshead and they do according to this site. I like it!

Jesse H
March 20, 2003, 03:52 PM
http://66.152.254.150/Firearms/P-Intro.html

own emphasis added...

In general, you may not purchase a firearm if you are a minor, a convicted felon, a fugitive from justice, a person convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence, under a domestic restraining order, are addicted to drugs or a habitual drug user, have been dishonorably discharged from the Armed Forces, are not a citizen of the United States or have ever renounced your citizenship.

Eh, I bought 2 pistols before I was naturalized as an American citizen.

c_yeager
March 20, 2003, 04:01 PM
Eh, I bought 2 pistols before I was naturalized as an American citizen.

as have several friends of mine. For anyone that is curious i believe that any legal alien (i think the term is registered or resident) may purchase and posses a firearm. But, you need a federal firearms permit (good luck on that) to get a concealed weapons permit. This U.S. Citizen thing is a common mistake that a lot of FFLs make. Erronious information like this posted on reputable sites (like rugers for god's sake) just contribute to the problem.

Of course all this will probably be mute with the next patriot act anyways.

-cy

p.s. please forgive my spelling. im one of those sad people that used a spellcheck rather than learning how to spell things when i was in school. :rolleyes:

Ikari
March 20, 2003, 09:40 PM
I like the new design. I particularly like how they incorporate manuals and exploded views on the page for each firearm. Very handy (wish the exploded views were larger, though).

Gewehr98
March 20, 2003, 09:54 PM
$1950.00 for their new SxS 12 gauge shotgun.

Oh, yeah, the website's kinda neat, too. I see they're making the 7.62x39 M77 again. And a #1 in .458 Lott. Oh, and a #1 in .405 Winchester. Darnit, I shouldn't have looked! :(

faustulus
March 21, 2003, 01:10 AM
Nice site.
Too bad they are anti-civil rights.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger's new website" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!