What happens if Hillary is President?

PDA

DontBurnMyFlag
June 21, 2005, 04:08 PM
What do you people think would happen if Hillary becomes president of the United States. Would she:

A. Use the patriot act against militias more than terrorists
B. Re-enact the AWB with stricter control
C. Make the US have california gun control laws
d. all of the above

Would you:

A. Vote against her, no matter who the other person is
B. Start petitions, protests, write letters, make TV shows anything and everything you can to get the word out, about not voting for her
C. Stage an uprising, revolt and do what our forefathers saw neccessary.
D. All of the above

Im just curious, because, in NJ it was hard enough for me to get a legal gun and hard enough for me to find guns in NJ. I can only imagine it being alot worse for the country in terms of gun issues. Yet , that is not the only problem with Hillary as president. Imagine if she becomes president and Bill Clinton becomes prez of the UN. Imagine her view of America and try not to be afraid. If you think the downsizing of the military was bad under the first clinton, imagine what would happen under Hillary. Just some things to keep in mind, no matter how far away elections are.

If you enjoyed reading about "What happens if Hillary is President?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dolanp
June 21, 2005, 04:15 PM
I think she's bad news but I think the Dems are going to be hard-pressed to get much gun control passed after taking a serious beating the last time. Of course we're talking a few years down the road, so things could change. It will be harder though to pass another AWB since the first one was passed by emotions and misinformation, but now there is clear data that it made no difference with respect to crime.

R.H. Lee
June 21, 2005, 04:17 PM
I think I'll vote straight Democrat ticket next time. Let's get it on. I'm through voting for Republicans and getting Democrats anyway.

rick_reno
June 21, 2005, 04:24 PM
I agree with RileyMC.

I've read that when she's President she will issue executive orders requiring water in the rivers to be replaced with chocolate and making jelly beans free.

Silver Bullet
June 21, 2005, 04:32 PM
I think the Dems are going to be hard-pressed to get much gun control passed after taking a serious beating the last time.
If they get elected (POTUS and control of Senate/House), they’ll take it for granted they have a mandate to implement any and all of their pet projects.

And the Republicans are just as bad. I remember back when term limits were on the plate, and the Republicans regained control of Senate? House ? back in mid-term of one of Reagan’s administrations. The Republicans had their “contract with America”, swept the elections, and actually did a good job of getting most of their contract items passed, except for term limits. One of the Republicans stated after the election, “Now that we’re elected, the people probably don’t want term limits.” Or words to that effect.

None of them get it. They all think we’re voting for them instead of against the other party.

Malone LaVeigh
June 21, 2005, 04:36 PM
If she's elected, we'll have another corporate neo-con regime. Bill Clinton was the most effective Republican to ever hold office. I don't expect anything different from her.

denfoote
June 21, 2005, 04:42 PM
Martial law followed by civil war!!
It will then be time to use the Second Amendment as the Founding Fathers meant it to be used!!

dave3006
June 21, 2005, 04:42 PM
When, not if, the next (democratic) President starts taking our rights away, I hope the Bush-lovers ask why we didn't do more to reverse the anti-gun tide during our 8 years of control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Our so-called guy is in for 8 years, we control the house and the senate, and no significant pro gun bill has been signed by GWB. That is pathetic.

Vote for Hillary. She will kill America just a little faster than the Republicans. Then, we can start over.

Crosshair
June 21, 2005, 05:00 PM
I think once Hillary is officialy running we should work hard to stop her, but also try and pack the Congress with as many pro-gun people as possible. That way IF she gets ellected she will have a hard time doing anything. Much like Slick Willie had some trouble after the 1994 elections when more republicans came to power. Having his stuff passed got harder. We need to defeat her AND pack congress so IN CASE she wins for whatever reason, her hands will be tied. Checks and balances, While the Dems are working hard to protect Hillary we flank them and take them from the rear.

Zundfolge
June 21, 2005, 05:16 PM
Gun control is not one of Hillary's 1st tier issues ... sure she supports the idea, but she's more interested in destroying economic freedom with things like Socialized Medicine, Wealth Redistribution and destruction of property rights.

Guns are a secondary issue for her, therefore gun control is not likely to be a big part of her agenda ... at least until the serfs start shooting at her thugs.

Old Fuff
June 21, 2005, 05:20 PM
Think I'll just move to Canada ... :uhoh: :neener:

TimRB
June 21, 2005, 05:21 PM
"We need to defeat her AND pack congress so IN CASE she wins for whatever reason, her hands will be tied."

Absolutely. The presidency may be lost, but Republicans still (well, as of this moment, anyway) control the House and Senate. When these issues come up there are always a lot of people stomping around saying that the Republicans are just as bad as the Democrats, but that just isn't so.

Anyway, no matter how mad you are at Bush, *please* don't vote Democrat unless you are voting for a SOLID pro-gun Democrat. Yes, I think there are some out there, just as there are anti-gun Republicans. Think before you vote, and don't do anything stupid.

Tim

Lennyjoe
June 21, 2005, 05:25 PM
Think I'll just move to Canada
Any way you can stop by and pick me up. :D

Molon Labe
June 21, 2005, 05:26 PM
If Hitlery is elected president, the experiment is over.

R.H. Lee
June 21, 2005, 05:26 PM
The Republicans represent us best when they're out of power. Who knows but they wouldn't have stopped the Patriot Act if it came from a Democrat president?

Silver Bullet
June 21, 2005, 05:30 PM
think once Hillary is officialy running we should work hard to stop her
Yes ! Defeat her at the primary level. If she doesn't get nominated, there's no chance she will win the main election.

I’d prefer Zell as democratic nominee, but I guess there’s not much chance of that happening.

Maybe we can all request campaign literature from her and drain her resources. Maybe we can support with contributions any pro-RKBA dem running against her.

I'm sure there are better ideas than mine out there, but I agree that stopping her at the Primaries would be ideal if there's a way we can contribute to that end.

Alex45ACP
June 21, 2005, 05:34 PM
I won't be throwing my vote away next election. If you want things to be different, you have to do something different.

Malone LaVeigh
June 21, 2005, 06:13 PM
This thread is a hoot. We've got a president who stole at least one of his elections, who lied us into a war that most of the rest of the world opposed, who pushed the Patriot Acts I and II that effectively gutted the 4th and 5th amendments, whose VP held secret meetings and refused Congressional oversight, whose cabinet appointees and other officials squelched government scientists and whistleblowers, who stonewalled the 9-11 commission trying to get to the bottom of responsbility about that event, and whose allies in the Senate tried to do away with one of the few remnant vestiges of minority protection. Yet things will really be unbearable if Hillary is elected.

R.H. Lee
June 21, 2005, 06:19 PM
We've got a president who stole at least one of his elections, Still unproven lefty hissy fit. Get over it.
who lied us into a war that most of the rest of the world opposed, Who gives a crap what the 'rest of the world' opposes?

who pushed the Patriot Acts I and II that effectively gutted the 4th and 5th amendments, Uhhhh, Congress makes law dontchaknow?
whose VP held secret meetings and refused Congressional oversight, Were we privy to all of Clinton's meetings?
Etc., et yada, et :barf: Give it a break, Malone. You guys sure don't have anything better to offer.

sumpnz
June 21, 2005, 06:39 PM
Fortunately America isn't dumb enough to elect that Hillary creature.

SLCDave
June 21, 2005, 06:45 PM
I’d prefer Zell as democratic nominee, but I guess there’s not much chance of that happening.

The Democrats would back McCain before they backed Miller.

Silver Bullet
June 21, 2005, 06:46 PM
Yet things will really be unbearable if Hillary is elected.
Absolutely if she can push anti-RKBA measures through. Everything else is small potatoes compared to losing our best chance to stand up to tyranny.

KriegHund
June 21, 2005, 06:50 PM
Um...guys... :scrutiny:

Its not only democrats and republicans.

Vote 3rd party!

jefnvk
June 21, 2005, 06:50 PM
Gun control is not one of Hillary's 1st tier issues ... sure she supports the idea, but she's more interested in destroying economic freedom with things like Socialized Medicine, Wealth Redistribution and destruction of property rights.

I gotta go with Zund on this one. Is it gonna be good? No. But I doubt there will be any real effort right away on her part to play with any anti-gun legislation.

However, if something gets to her desk, I doubt she won't sign it.

Standing Wolf
June 21, 2005, 07:02 PM
You'll notice I'm not posting

America isn't dumb enough to elect Mrs. Snopes Clinton.

Considering that the Republicans have done little or nothing for the nation, I'd have to say it's probably understandable that the nation might well think about electing that creature.

sssteinkamp
June 21, 2005, 07:06 PM
Anybody who thinks there is much difference between Democrats and Republicans is a bear of very little brain. We've got one party with two heads...

Shane

rhubarb
June 21, 2005, 07:35 PM
OK, let's stop the Zell Miller bus so all THRers can get off. He's a moderate Southern Democrat. He is conservative on some values but is not a conservative. Sure he criticized the recent direction of his party, but he believes in the party and in gun control (for the kids). Shame on the NRA for having him as a keynote speaker in 2002. :barf:

What Republican moderate who will sell our rights down the toilet to get votes should we elect? :barf:

Just 'cause some vote-beggar says something you like one day don't mean he respects your rights. Forget about political parties. Research all candidates and vote for the one who is right even if his or her name isn't on the lips of all the talking heads on teevee.

If you value your liberties, vote to protect them. Don't equivocate.

Vernal45
June 21, 2005, 08:00 PM
It could get worse, It could be a Clinton and Clinton ticket. There is not law forbiding Bill being Vice President.

America isn't dumb enough to elect Mrs. Snopes Clinton.

Yes, America is.

71Commander
June 21, 2005, 08:35 PM
It could get worse, It could be a Clinton and Clinton ticket. There is not law forbiding Bill being Vice President.

Aw poop!!!! Now you've given then an idea. They weren't smart enough to come up with that on their own. :mad: :banghead:

Refirignis
June 21, 2005, 09:21 PM
"Hillary = CTRL-ALT-DEL on humanity." - Beowulf

destruction of property rights.
That depends on which property you're talking about. The State already owns the following by stealing the titles before you even buy them:
- All motor vehicles (you don't own your car) (http://proliberty.com/observer/20010311.htm).
- All houses (you don't own your house).
- All land (you don't own your land).

(If you did own them, you wouldn't need to register, pay taxes, and acquire licenses to do things to them.)

Pretty much the last thing they have left to do is to own your body, which they already do in part via marriage licenses (see government legally taking kids away) and the illegally ratified 14th Amendment (the political trust that everyone alive today is bound to and which requires you and everyone else to pay back the nation's debt).

No_Brakes23
June 21, 2005, 09:40 PM
People who think Income Tax and Vehicle Registration are unfair have no business driving on public roads. Definitely not on the Interstates.

Unless you have a better suggestion on where that money should come from.

I would pay gun tax if it meant convenient maintained public ranges.

I don't intend to vote for Clinton. But that doesn't mean she is the worst thing going. Hoperfully the Dems will take note of their ass-whooping and pick a better candidate, but I doubt it.

jefnvk
June 21, 2005, 09:48 PM

I brought that up a while back. The general consensus was, he can't run, because the VP has to be eligible to be the President, and he isn't.

itgoesboom
June 21, 2005, 10:10 PM
What do you people think would happen if Hillary becomes president of the United States. Would she:

A. Use the patriot act against militias more than terrorists
B. Re-enact the AWB with stricter control
C. Make the US have california gun control laws
d. all of the above

E. Declare militias, gun owners and those who participate on firearm forums are terrorists. Plus stricter gun control laws.

I won't answer the rest of your question, not right now.

I.G.B.

Pilgrim
June 21, 2005, 10:17 PM
And the Republicans are just as bad. I remember back when term limits were on the plate, and the Republicans regained control of Senate? House ? back in mid-term of one of Reagan’s administrations. The Republicans had their “contract with America”, swept the elections, and actually did a good job of getting most of their contract items passed, except for term limits. One of the Republicans stated after the election, “Now that we’re elected, the people probably don’t want term limits.” Or words to that effect.

I don't think the "Contract With America" ever included a proposal to change the Constitution to limit terms. There was a voluntary committment to not serve more than six years, but as you said once they got used to their nice offices and perks they changed their minds.

Pilgrim

griz
June 21, 2005, 11:32 PM
If she's elected, I would expect the about the same as the last time she was in the white house as co-pres. She would push for federal health care, start cutting military spending, and continue Bush's policies on border security and the PA.

Here is the part that will upset folks: The overall result will probably be a shift toward less spending, because the republicans in congress will be forced to actually fight for their beliefs.

Oh yea, she will spend more on ink for the veto pen.

dpesec
June 21, 2005, 11:37 PM
The problem with term limits it would take a constitutional amendment, just like for the POTUS. I don't think that many of the states would go along with that.

secamp32
June 21, 2005, 11:37 PM
Canada is no good, they won't let you bring your handguns.
Maybe Texas will secede and we can all move to The Republic of Texas

dpesec
June 21, 2005, 11:39 PM
Remember all it takes is one pro-gun person in the Senate to prevent it.
Filibuster.

dpesec
June 21, 2005, 11:44 PM
You're right, but that would end up squarely in the SCOTUS. I think a very good case could be make that Sick Willy couldn't be veep, because he's barred from being Presiddent. If not, watch who becomes Speaker of the House.

Zundfolge
June 21, 2005, 11:44 PM
People who think Income Tax and Vehicle Registration are unfair have no business driving on public roads. Definitely not on the Interstates.

If Income Tax jumped to 90% and Vehicle Registration jumped to $10,000 per year would you still say we had no right to both complain and drive on public roads?

Well thats the issue. Income tax is too high (not to mention an invasion of privacy) ... and so is Vehicle Registration in many states (actually it has no place in this discussion since its a state tax not a federal one).

There is a reasonable amount of taxation required to keep the government running ... but our governments (local, state and fed) are hemorrhaging money and taking WAY too much ... remember we killed a bunch of brits because of a 5% tax on tea.

sorry for the thread drift :uhoh:

ctdonath
June 21, 2005, 11:46 PM
(Deleted. :eek: )

2nd Amendment
June 22, 2005, 12:12 AM
Ouch

Crosshair
June 22, 2005, 12:24 AM
griz

Oh yea, she will spend more on ink for the veto pen.

Hillary may turn out to be another Jackson Preiedent. Everyone in Congress hates her and won't pass bills she wants and overrides her vetos. Once enough people in Congress won't support a President, veto power becomes useless. Since Congress can simply override a veto with the 2/3 rule. That's why we need to elect pro gun people to Congress.

Derby FALs
June 22, 2005, 12:25 AM

XII Amendment: "But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States."

JitsuGuy
June 22, 2005, 01:39 AM
In an answer to the subject of the thread.... I'd have to reply with, "nothing different." The country will continue its downward spiral and it won't be any quicker a process then now.

Bush is a wolf in sheeps clothing. He can get away with more because of his "christian" or "conservative" label. If the powers that be put Hillary in the office of the POTUS just as they did Bush Jr it might actually slow the process as the right will use a stronger magnifying glass when watching everything she does.

No one side has all the answers. They're both flawed perspectives. It's all part of God's plan I guess but it is rather frustrating to watch it play out this way I must say.

J

If you enjoyed reading about "What happens if Hillary is President?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!