Colt Automatic .25 caliber Pistol--What's it worth?

PDA

rustylady
June 22, 2005, 04:10 PM
I inherited this pistol. It is in great condition. It is blue/black finish with wood grips. In each grip is a silver medallion w/ COLT & raised up horse. It has a 6 digit sn#3571xx. On left side of barrel is stamped "COLT'S PT F.A. MFG. CO. HARTFORD, CT. U S A". Underneath that is "PAT'D AUG. 25, 1896, APR. 2, 1897, DEC. 22, 1903, JAN. 25,1910, JULY 31,1917". How old is it and what is it worth? Thank you!

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt Automatic .25 caliber Pistol--What's it worth?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jim K
June 24, 2005, 09:54 PM
Your pistol was made in 1926. Since "great condition" is a bit vague, I will say that prices range from around $600 for new condition down to $200 or less, depending on the amount of blue, wear on the grips, etc.

I will also note that they are THE most reliable .25 auto ever made and, while some folks scorn the caliber, still a viable defense gun.

Jim

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt Automatic .25 caliber Pistol--What's it worth?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!