Limited choices for a lefty

PDA

Lennyjoe
June 23, 2005, 12:19 PM
I am looking around for a lefty autoloader for the field and realized just like everything else, there isnt much for a lefty. I shoot standard autoloaders now (Winchester and Browning) but want to get a lefty model so I can quit chewing on unfired powder and breathing gas.

Out of all the lefty models out there (3 I think) I am most interested in the Charles Daly Field hunter camo. Most of my time is spent shooting doves, quail, bunnies and possibly ducks this year. I am planning on taking my step father duck hunting somewhere in LA or TX since its between AZ and FL where he lives. Other than that, duck hunting isnt to accessible here in Az for obvious reasons. On that note, 3 1/2" chamber would be nice but not required. If I was hunting ducks like HSMITH does then I would get a 3 1/2" shottie but thats not the case.

What I'm looking for is info on the CD. How are they holding up, who is the manufacture since CD is the importer and where's the best place to shop for one.

Buds Gunshop has them for $372 and I am heading to Wally World this morning to see how much they want.

So whats the 411 on the CD autoloaders?

Danke!

If you enjoyed reading about "Limited choices for a lefty" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
another okie
June 23, 2005, 12:30 PM
Ithaca 37. Bottom-ejection. If you can find one now, buy it, because they're going out of business. Mine is excellent; I've used it for duck hunting, 3 gun matches, and home defense. Very reliable and easy to use. John Browning design. For sheer fun it's also hard to beat because it has no trigger disconnect, so you can hold the trigger back and fire as fast as you can work the slide. You can't hit anything shooting like that, but boy is it a blast!

wdlsguy
June 23, 2005, 01:41 PM
Remington makes the 870 Express (pump) and 11-87 (auto) in left-hand models. A Browning BPS (pump) works well for left-handers also.

Fred Fuller
June 23, 2005, 05:58 PM
http://www.remington.com/firearms/left_hand/1187prlclh.htm

Much larger user base, likely to be better supported for a MUCH longer time...

But it's your money.

lpl/nc

bearmgc
June 23, 2005, 11:26 PM
I'm a Lefty and use a Remington 11-87 in LH, and am pleased with it. I also use the Browning BPS a bottom shucker, in both 20 and 12GA. I like the 20GA, and it would probably do the trick for your applications. The drawback with a BPS in 12GA is that it is pretty heavy, not the best for upland game type hikes. I did have an older Charles Daley autoloader, and mine was truley a piece of junk, it jammed all the time and would not feed the shells. So I'd get one shot off, period. It got traded off at a Gun show.

If you enjoyed reading about "Limited choices for a lefty" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!