My Daughter.....

PDA

field70
June 23, 2005, 04:44 PM
In Augest of 2001 she was diagnosed with Ovarian cancer..she had the neccessary surgery, 6 months of Chemotherapy, and the cancer went into remission..Her Mother and I thought everything was fine..in June of 2003 we took off to the Smokies for a two week stay..While we were there the daughter called and told us she had started Chemotherapy again..She knew was was going to, but didn't tell us before we left...not wanting us to worry..From then, June 2003, till now she has had Chemo..different types, different schedules..trying to find one that would help...I took her in for her treatment today, and as we came back, she asked me to take her shooting....We used to go quite often, but she hasn't been since the diagnosis....She is now on the Chemotherapy along with an experimental drug called "Avastin", which is approve for Colon cancer and being evaluated for other types...So far, it is working..THANK GOD...I thought we were going to loose her....Today made her Th treatment with the Avastin, and she is sooooo much improved....I told her to let me know when she felt up to it,,and we would head for the range......she loves shooting and firearms....Please..pray for her......

Thanks for listening.....

If you enjoyed reading about "My Daughter....." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Black Dragon
June 23, 2005, 04:47 PM
I'm losing a close cousin to cancer right now. There isn't anything they can
do any longer.

Prayers sent :)

autospike
June 23, 2005, 04:48 PM
Prayers sent.

Smokey Joe
June 23, 2005, 04:52 PM
Prayer here too. Hope she continues to improve.

Missashot
June 23, 2005, 04:53 PM
Having had delt with some cancer in my family and having lost two VERY dear friends to cancer, my heartfelt prayers are with you and your family.

Elkslayer
June 23, 2005, 04:54 PM
I will say a prayer for her. As one with cancer myself I pray she has the spirit and will to fight it. Sounds like she does.

Enjoy each day for the beauty that God has given us.

enfield303
June 23, 2005, 05:08 PM
Field,
Would it be OK if I mentioned this situation to my midweek Bible study?
More prayer cover never hurts.

shermacman
June 23, 2005, 05:31 PM
My prayers to you and yours.

Omni04
June 23, 2005, 05:36 PM
It is very good that she is responding to the new treatment. I have just sent my prayers as well, hope all goes well :)

Black Majik
June 23, 2005, 05:46 PM
Best wishes and godspeed to her. Prayers go out from me also.

Good luck!

CajunBass
June 23, 2005, 05:50 PM
May God give your daughter and your family courage, and strength to battle this. May his hand be on all of you, and on the doctors who are his instruments to do his will.

God be with you. Keep us posted.

jobu07
June 23, 2005, 05:58 PM
Your daughter is in my prayers. All the best and I hope she's feeling better ASAP! :)

cslinger
June 23, 2005, 06:11 PM
Prayers sent. Hang in there guys. :(

Chris

Standing Wolf
June 23, 2005, 06:24 PM
My best hopes are on their way, friend.

DWS1117
June 23, 2005, 06:29 PM
Here is a prayer that you get to put many, many rounds downrange together for a long time.

field70
June 23, 2005, 06:38 PM
I will say a prayer for her. As one with cancer myself I pray she has the spirit and will to fight it. Sounds like she does.

Thanks..she has become the strongest person I have ever met...I don't know where she gets it.

Field,
Would it be OK if I mentioned this situation to my midweek Bible study?
More prayer cover never hurts.

Thanks...that would be greatly appreciated.....

Thanks to all for your kind words..

griz
June 23, 2005, 07:03 PM
Another prayer sent. Glad to hear she's feeling better.

ewb45acp
June 23, 2005, 07:18 PM
My sister is making a steady recovery from lung cancer. Months of chemo, radiation, and a recent surgery.

It's a terrible helpless feeling sometimes, watching from the sidelines. All you can do is wait, and hope, and pray.

hksw
June 23, 2005, 07:49 PM
I'm positive everything will turn out fine. I hope her recovery is .220 Swift.

My mom went thru all of the operation, chemo, and radiation for her uteran cancer and she turned out fine. For as long as I can remember my mom, she had always permed her hair. The treatments stopped that of course. Since my mom's hairgrew back in, it's better than any perm she'd ever done (so she and my sisters say). What's up with that? Al those years I spent enduring that toxic perm smell in the house, argh.

Rich K
June 23, 2005, 08:04 PM
My prayers and those of my family have been sent for you and yours.The man I loved most in this world,my paternal grandfather,was lost to cancer many years ago.We will continue to pray for your family and your daughter.God doesn't always give us what we want,but He always gives us what we need,and never more than we can handle.God Bless.

P95Carry
June 23, 2005, 08:11 PM
Field - please let me add to the list of well-wishers. The results from this new treatment sound wonderfully encouraging and I send most positive thoughts to you all.

Great to know about the range time too - that has to be categorized as part of ''the therapy''. :)

eagle45
June 23, 2005, 09:11 PM
We just went through a similar situation with my sister, she pulled through.

Your daughter and your family are in our prayers.

Jubei
June 23, 2005, 09:18 PM
Prayers sent.

Jubei

mnrivrat
June 23, 2005, 09:20 PM
Add my best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery !

Bob F.
June 23, 2005, 09:56 PM
Prayers sent (You too, Elkslayer!)

Old NFO
June 23, 2005, 10:11 PM
Prayers and good wishes sent...

Clean97GTI
June 23, 2005, 10:15 PM
I know the feeling.

Lost both grandmothers to cancer and just found out my GF's mother has breast cancer.

so sad.

Good Luck and keep your chin up.

Marshall
June 23, 2005, 10:31 PM
Field70,

How are you buddy? Good to hear from you again, I wish it was for a different reason. Well, maybe not. Sometimes these are the better things to post about, prayers help and your daughter, you and the all of your family will certainly have mine. What's her name? First name only please.

It's great that you are able to spend time together one on one again doing something like you did. Those things mean more than anything and can be helpful for her more than we know. Please keep us updated.

ralphie98
June 23, 2005, 11:42 PM
Please..pray for her......
Done... Best wishes to you and to everybody who knows somebody fighting cancer

Nick_90
June 24, 2005, 05:25 AM
Prayer sent from Switzerland. I hope we will be soon receiving good news from you! Be courageous and let God sort it all out...

4570Rick
June 24, 2005, 05:48 AM
Prayers away.

dodge
June 24, 2005, 06:41 AM
Your daughter has my best wishes and I hope that she beats this thing. I can understand some of what she is going through as I had colon cancer in Sept. 2002 had the operation, radiation, and chemo. One week (five days) a month for six months I received chemo and for the first three days it wasn't too bad but by the fourth and fifth day I couldn't hardly eat anything as my system just couldn't handle anything but some liquid. One thing that kept me going was the support and prayers of my family and friends here and all around. When I found out that I had cancer I just decided that I wasn't going to let it beat me and I would prevail in the long run. To date I have remained cancer free.

Browns Fan
June 24, 2005, 07:53 AM
May God bless you and your family as you endure this trial.

thereisnospoon
June 24, 2005, 08:24 AM
Prayer sent!

In the past four years my wife has been dealing with some very major medical issues. We have seen the direct result of prayer and know that we serve anAwesome God who loves us and cares for us in the most coincidental ways ;)

May you and your family see that same God's love, compassion, mercy and kindness and may you have many days together at the range.

CAS700850
June 24, 2005, 08:27 AM
Hopes and prayers for you and your family.

GT
June 24, 2005, 08:50 AM
Thoughts and prayers for you and your daughter.

Wishing for a speedy recovery!

G

Tim3256
June 24, 2005, 08:51 AM
My family will pray for yours.

scott5
June 24, 2005, 09:36 AM
I lost my Father to pancriatic cancer in 2000 so I some idea of the anguish that you are going through. :(

Prayers sent.

The Freeholder
June 24, 2005, 10:51 AM
Prayers sent. Best wishes to your daughter.

The Viking
June 24, 2005, 11:13 AM
I'm not religious, but I wish for your daughter's full and speedy recovery.

Man-O-War
June 24, 2005, 05:42 PM
I hope your daughter recovers and has a long, happy life. May God bless your family.

one-shot-one
June 24, 2005, 06:33 PM
Prayers sent.

Candiru
June 24, 2005, 07:04 PM
Prayers sent from Dublin. We're covering all the time zones.

May you and your daughter put enough rounds downrange to wear out a dozen Rugers.

XLMiguel
June 24, 2005, 08:55 PM
Best wishes and prayers on the way for your daughter and family. When my wife was sick, TFL/THR had us covered from Oz to Norway to S. Africa. The energy was palapable. You're in good hands and in good hearts. More later.

rcm
June 24, 2005, 09:00 PM
Thinkin' about you and your family.

GRB
June 25, 2005, 12:10 AM
I am not very religious, don't really think I believe in an almighty but, yet I do pray at times. Maybe there is a God who hears my prayers, maybe they just go to the powers that be - whatever they may be. I think prayers, no matter who prays them, in no matter what form and to whichever God(s) are a way of expressing hope as well as worship. In that light, the light of hope springing eternally, I pray for her to my best ability and with deep sincerity.

ligflava
June 25, 2005, 04:52 AM
best wishes to your family.

avastin is a great drug. i actually worked at the company which developed it before med school. i hope it's efficacious and your daughter's cancer is eradicated.

Kestrel
June 25, 2005, 12:04 PM
Field,

Prayers sent.

field70
June 25, 2005, 11:27 PM
Just a note to give each and every one a from the heart "THANKS" for all the prayers and kind words...I was really "down" when I started this thread, but very shortly afterward you people lifted me back up...I do appreciate all of you..

Elkslayer and Dodge...you have my prayers a wishes that you cancer will be forever gone....A cancer survivor is a mighty warrior..They have fought a brave fight.

Marshall, her name is Deborah....

Thank you all..so very, very much.

Marshall
June 25, 2005, 11:34 PM
Field70, more prayers for Deborah specifically will be included tonight.

cslinger
June 25, 2005, 11:48 PM
I am a cynic by nature. I really do not like "people" so to speak. It has been said that "I love humanity, it's just people that get to me."

All that being said threads like these really give me hope as well. I personally believe in God so for me to say a prayer is really nothing since I pray and ask for God's guidence, help etc. quite frequently for myself and others.

What really raises my hopes are the folks who come out and may be athiest or not necessarily believe in a higher power and they offer their prayers up as well. I know this seems stupid but to me it really shows how all sorts of different folks can come together and at the very least take a moment to do something in hopes of raising their fellow man's spirits and doing what they can to help.

Once again Prayers sent, but realize that my prayers may not have as much weight as some.

Chris

GRB
June 25, 2005, 11:50 PM
Field70,

If you don't mind, what is your daughter's first name. I figure personalizing my prayers cannot hurt.

Best regards,
Glenn B

Freedspeak
June 26, 2005, 12:35 AM
Prayers sent and candles to be lit.

Marshall
June 26, 2005, 01:02 AM
If you don't mind, what is your daughter's first name. I figure personalizing my prayers cannot hurt.

Marshall, her name is Deborah....

I figured the same as you Glenn.

BluesBear
June 26, 2005, 06:56 AM
I'm sorry to be a few days late but my Thoughts and Prayers are with you.

black bear
June 26, 2005, 07:16 AM
My and my family prayers for you and Deborah.
Best wishes of pront recovery.

black bear

GEM
June 26, 2005, 01:59 PM
My family just went through a significant cancer scare that took several months to resolve and it worked out OK. I offer all my best wishes and prayers for all of you.

Glenn

Rickstir
June 26, 2005, 07:53 PM
prayers sent Field70. God bless her and you and your entire family.

Ala Dan
June 26, 2005, 09:36 PM
Best Wishes For A Speedy Recovery

and we will keep her in our thoughts and prayers, my friend! :D

If you enjoyed reading about "My Daughter....." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!