Tucson/Phoenix Arizona THR get together thread.

PDA

Lennyjoe
June 24, 2005, 12:52 AM
There seems to be a few folks intersted in having another Phoenix/Tucson get together.

I have talked about it with denfoote and it seems like July would be a good time. We all know how hot it is but most of us Arizonians are used to the heat.

So what say you? Last get together we had was at Len in Phoenix's range in Buckeye. Time before that was in Mesa. Anyone have any ideas where to have it this time? Is it Tucson's turn or is there somewhere in between?

Lets start pre planning now so we can have a good time and blow plenty of ammo in the process.

If you enjoyed reading about "Tucson/Phoenix Arizona THR get together thread." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BHPshooter
June 24, 2005, 02:56 PM
Boy, I wish I could come again. You Arizona guys sure know how to have a good time at the range! Whatever you do, let off a couple for me! ;)

Wes (The Utahn) :D

sumpnz
June 24, 2005, 08:50 PM
I'll be playing bachelor quite a bit in July :cool: . My wife, daughter an I are going to CO for the 4th, but I'm coming back a week before my wife and daughter, so the weekend of the 9th will work well. A few days after getting back from CO my wife has to fly up to OR (her mom bought the ticket so even though she didn't want to go she couldn't say no). That frees me up for the weekends of the 16th and 23rd. I have plans to have a buddy visit the 16th and 17th, but he's a gunnie too, so he'd enjoy denting some primers (though we need to work on his political attitude a little - he's from Germany and has bought into some of the gun control myths). If we do it that weekend I'll have him pick up some ammo to donate to the shoot. He's still a poor student so it won't be much, but 7.62x39, 9mm, and .38 is pretty cheap.

I would prefer that the shoot not be on the 24th as that's the day my wife flys back in, and I'd hate to have to cut the fun short to go pick her up. She flys out to OR the morning of 16th, so if you do it then I might be a little late getting there. Best dates for me would be July 9, 10, 17, and 23, with the 17th as my #1 choice as that would let my friend come as well.

Whatever the date, I should have my reloading equipment set up so I can hopefully try out the first of my handloads for the CZ 550. Lenny - Midway has been a touch slow processing the order so I won't have the stuff this weekend. You're still welcome to stop by, though, if you have the time. Will you be bringing your Chrony to the shoot?

I'd like to check out Rio Salado, so I'd vote for that as a location. Otherwise, Len's range in Buckeye was pretty nice. Isn't there a range by Oracle? That might work as a decent in-between spot. Anybody have other suggestions?

Snake Eyes
June 24, 2005, 08:56 PM
I'm Dieingfor a good AZ get together, and I might suggest Ben Avery--despite the fact that it is NORTH of everybody. It's still a great range!

I have Hundreds and (maybe) thousands of rounds in calibers I've sold off, so I'm happy to bring extra ammo that people might shoot up.

Let me know when & where and, as long as it's after July 11, I will be thrilled to be there.

Love & bullets,

PT

Snake Eyes
June 24, 2005, 09:02 PM
Just for (squats) & giggles, here's an off-hand list of ammo I have that I have no use for:

.40--At least 300 rds defense ammo, maybe 200 rds hardball
7.62x39--Minimum 1000 rounds
.32 New Police (Long Colt)--200 rds
.32 ACP--Min. 100 rds
.25 Auto--50-100 rds
.22--Easily 1000 rounds. Some one bring a .22 PLEASE!

That's just off the top of my head....I've probably got some 7.62 Tokarev and a few other oddballs too. I don't want any cash--I just want to shoot it up!

armoredman
June 24, 2005, 11:35 PM
There is Pima Pistol Club in Catalina. There was supposed to be an indoor pistol range opening here in Marana, but that went couth a while ago. When Sportsmans Warehouse opens Sept 29th on Costco Dr, I wish someone would grab some of that extra land there and build an indoor rifle/pistol range.

sumpnz
June 25, 2005, 02:21 AM
I'd vote for an outdoor range so we can so some longish range rifle shooting. Very few indoor ranges offer rifle capability, and even fewer to anything much over 25 yards. Rio Salado (in Mesa) has, I believe, rifle lanes to 300 yards, and Len in Phoenix's place in Buckeye goes out to 600 yards. Ben Avery might be a good choice as, even though it's up I-17, the fact that it's on the interstate might well mean the same travel time in spite of longer milage compared to the Buckeye and Mesa ranges.

Oh and Lenny, the reloading gear did arrive today except for the (backordered) dies. I figured it would be next week at the earliest. I might have another set of dies given to me by Buckeye_PPC a while back. Have to see if I can dig them out.

Snake Eyes - If we don't burn through all the .40 ammo you've got I might buy some of it off you. I'll be certain to bring my .22 and will also happily relieve you of the excess ammo when we're done.

Lennyjoe
June 25, 2005, 11:09 AM
Andrew, I'm heading up to Mesa this morning to visit wife's friends. Will give you a call.

AZTOY
June 25, 2005, 11:56 AM
Let me know when & where and, as long as it's after July 11, I will be thrilled to be there.

I will be in the back in AZ on July 13 and would like to go. :D

June 25, 2005, 12:10 PM
If you guys will have me, I might be able to make it down.
I am now working in Laughlin and have a house I can use in the Phoenix area. My drive back to work would only be about 100 miles further than I have to drive from Las Vegas.

sumpnz
June 25, 2005, 12:43 PM
Lenny - Don't know if you've left yet but I have not been able to locate the dies. Besides, looks like I've got too many "honey-do's" this weekend to mess around with the gear anyway.

Edit - 444 We'd love to have you there. Come on down!

Lennyjoe
June 26, 2005, 12:36 PM
sumnz, sounds good. We are up here in Gold Canyon and heading back to Tucson today after lunch. Will try again later.

Alcon, How about getting together on the weekend of the 23rd or the 30th? Either Sat or Sunday is fine with me. I can come up either way.

444, would be a pleasure to have you attend.

sumpnz
June 26, 2005, 12:41 PM
How about getting together on the weekend of the 23rd or the 30th? Either Sat or Sunday is fine with me. I'd vote for the 23rd out of those days. Still prefer the 17th, but the 23rd will work too.

Lennyjoe
June 27, 2005, 10:30 AM
We have 1 vote for the weekend of the 17th. That works for me too.

Anyone else ok with that?

Snake Eyes
June 27, 2005, 10:46 AM
The 17th works for me.

Here's a question for you guys in Tucson:

Is there someplace between here and there that we can gain a little elevation to get out of the heat? Maybe a wildcat range at 4-5000 feet?

I think there are probably enough 4x4 vehicles in the group to ferry every one that doesn't have the ability to go off-road. I can take 3 persons a 6000 lbs-plus of guns and ammo in my vehicle. That's a good start.

Lennyjoe
June 27, 2005, 11:57 AM
None that I know of other than Red Rock where I go coyote hunting.

sumpnz
June 28, 2005, 01:12 AM
At least along I-10 there's not much elevation gain other than just the 1000 or so feet difference between Phoenix and Tucson. Maybe there'd be a spot to shoot at higher elevation along highway 79, but I doubt it. Anybody know for sure?

Methinks we'll just have to plan on an early morning (e.g. 7-8AM) start and call it quit's by 10-11AM. Either that or just suck up the heat.

That's me, Lenny and Snake that are good for the 17th. Who else?

MikeJ
June 28, 2005, 10:17 AM
I would be available the weekend of the 23rd and 24th.

June 28, 2005, 10:27 AM
I guess I shouldn't have jumped in here.
I am looking at the calender and I am not going to be able to make it. I wasn't really thinking about having to be there early in the morning. I get off from work at 0700 and couldn't drive down there in time. Weekends mean nothing to me: they are just two more days of the week that I have to work.

sumpnz
June 28, 2005, 11:21 AM
444 - If you came down the night before you could crash at my place (wife will be out of town). If it's the 17th that we go shooting I'll probably have a friend from Prescott (who will also go shooting with us) visiting that weekend, so I can't promise totally comfortable accomodations, but I've been told the couch is pretty decent (any other weekend and the guest room ought to be open). If you have an air-mattress I could set you up in the den.

dasmi
June 28, 2005, 11:37 AM
Hey AZ folks.
Would a San Diego shooter be welcome? I always enjoy a good long drive. I just got back from a road trip to the grand canyon, and have been itching to get back into AZ to explore some more. Let me know when and where, and I'll do my best to make it.

sumpnz
June 28, 2005, 12:08 PM
dasmi - Same offer I made to 444 is open to you if you make it out here.

dasmi
June 28, 2005, 12:11 PM
thanks.
You know, I just remembered my uncle in Prescott. I'm sure I could stay there if needed. So everyone decided on a date and place, and I'll do my best to be there. Saturday would be best for me, so I could leave Friday afternoon and be there Saturday morning.

C-grunt
June 28, 2005, 01:03 PM
How often do you all get together? I live in glendale and would like to shoot with yall when i get back from Iraq sometime early next year.

Lennyjoe
June 28, 2005, 01:40 PM
How often do you all get together
3 times in the last 8 months. After this one we will probably wait till October or so to get together. Hunting season comes in then so weekends for me is dedicated to that.

When you get back PM me and I'll fill you in on the details. Stay safe out there and hurry back.

sumpnz
June 28, 2005, 03:00 PM
dasmi - Prescott is a good 2 hour drive from Phx, so unless you want to do all that extra driving you're welcome to stay at my place. I've got plenty of space, a pool, and a lovable German Shepherd/Chow. I've also got 3 birds, but they're not too noisy (most of the time).

If we do a Saturday shoot, the 23rd would be better for me than the 16th as I'll be dropping my wife and daughter at the airport on the morning of the 16th.

Lennyjoe
June 28, 2005, 03:47 PM
I'm liking the 23rd more. It will also give AZTOY time to adjust from his trip back to the motherland.

sumpnz
June 28, 2005, 04:48 PM
If we make it the 23rd, MikeJ apparently can also make it. What about Snake Eyes? I'll also have my guest room available that weekend for dasmi or 444 should they need it.

Dasmi and 444 - If you would like to take me up on my offer, just PM me and I'll give you directions to my house. All I ask is to able to shoot your guns. You're both welcome to stay. With my wife out of town the company would be appreciated.

Lennyjoe
June 29, 2005, 10:31 AM
Works for me too. Lets firm up the 23rd of July for the THR shoot.

Now the question is where?

dasmi
June 29, 2005, 10:37 AM
23rd is no good for me. That's midweek, and I'm coming from San Diego. If I'm the only one who can't make it that day, then don't worry about it.

Snake Eyes
June 29, 2005, 10:40 AM
Uh...Dasmi? Check the calander again--the 23rd is a Saturday.

And it works fine for me.

Lennyjoe
June 29, 2005, 12:10 PM
Or the 24th. Either day works for me.

sumpnz
June 29, 2005, 01:11 PM
23rd is much better than the 24th for me. Wife is flying back that day. She gets in around 5PM, so I could shoot that day but I'd rather do it the 23rd.

Dasmi - make sure you're looking at July, not still June.

dasmi
June 29, 2005, 10:17 PM
Oops, you're right. Ok, so where will this be?

Len_in_Phoenix
June 30, 2005, 01:36 AM
I'll be in Prescott on the weekend of the 16th and 17th, so that one is out for me. Unless y'all want to come shoot some trap with me.... :evil:

I'd love to get together for another AZ shoot on the 23rd, but I have to work that day........at the range. :rolleyes: The weekend of the 23rd and 24th will be one of the public range weekends in Buckeye. The range opens at 6am and "closes" at noon, but since it's my turn in the RSO rotation I suppose that we could stay open a bit longer. :D

Let me know if y'all want to come out. I might even be able to convince some of the NFA owners in the club to bring out their toys.

Len in PHoenix

dasmi
June 30, 2005, 01:45 AM
If Phoenix is going to be the place, I can be there almost for sure. Too much further north, and I just won't be able to make the drive. How long is the drive to Phoenix from San Diego? Seven hours maybe?

Lennyjoe
June 30, 2005, 11:35 AM
If we decide on Buckeye then its even closer to San Diego.

Len's range is a nice place and even has a long range rifle set up. Thats what got me hooked on long range rifle shooting.

sumpnz
June 30, 2005, 12:19 PM
I drove from Tucson to San Diego right after 9/11 (tuna fishing trip - :barf:'d the whole way out on the boat and didn't even catch anything). Took a little over 6 hours to drive out there. Phoenix is closer for you than Tucson, so I'd say about 5 hours so long as traffic cooperates. You gonna crash at my place, or just drive out and back in the same day?

dasmi
June 30, 2005, 12:29 PM
I think my dad (pretty new shooter) wants to tag along, so we might get a hotel for the night, or just turn around and drive back. Not really sure yet.

Lennyjoe
June 30, 2005, 01:06 PM
Len, does that mean we cant shoot til noon?

sumpnz
June 30, 2005, 03:32 PM
Your dad is welcome at my place too. Especially since he's a new shooter.

dasmi
June 30, 2005, 03:33 PM
I'll pass that along. Thank you very much.
We both have to figure out if we can get Friday off work. Not as much of a problem for me, but he's pretty busy right now.
He's semi new. He's shot my Ruger Service Six, a Glock 17, and a Ruger Mk. II.
The Mk. II is by far his favorite.

Lennyjoe
June 30, 2005, 04:36 PM
Well if he comes with you he will be able to shoot a heck of alot more guns that just the 3 named. :D

sumpnz
June 30, 2005, 06:32 PM
Dasmi - I have a queen size guest bed, so I'll leave it up to you and your dad as to whether or not you want to share. If not, I've been told the leather couch is pretty decent, more so than the cloth couch, though I also have a recliner. If you don't want to share you may want to consider bringing an air mattress if the couch/recliner doesn't thrill you. When my daughter is a bit older and no longer needing a crib we'll have her in a full size bed, but unfortunately for you that's a good year or two in the future.

Regardless, it beats $80 for a hotel.

sumpnz
July 1, 2005, 06:38 PM
Dasmi - I'll be out of range of the internet until Wednesday. If you post or PM in response to my offer I won't be able to respond until Wednesday.

dasmi
July 1, 2005, 06:40 PM
I should know by Wednesday whether or not I can even make it. I'll post here as soon as I know. Also, could someone post the address of the range we'll be at, so I can get an idea of where I need to drive?

Lennyjoe
July 5, 2005, 11:19 AM
I PM'd Len in Phoenix on the range in Buckeye. If its available then I think it would be the best place to host it. Its off of I-10 (Hwy-85 S.) about 10-15 miles West of Glendale.

sumpnz
July 6, 2005, 10:28 PM
Dasmi - You gonna make it? If so, do I need to make sure the guest room is in order?

Lennyjoe - Any word from Len_in_Phoenix? Also, do you expect to be up here anytime in the next couple of weeks? I still need to set up the reloading gear.

Lennyjoe
July 7, 2005, 12:23 AM
I'm dropping the wife off in Phoenix tomorrow for a flight out. Maybe next weekend I could head up. This weekend is pretty much booked.

No words from Len in Phoenix yet. Hope he checks in soon.

Lennyjoe
July 11, 2005, 10:08 AM
Bump for good measure. Time to firm things up fellas!

cidirkona
July 11, 2005, 11:23 AM
Hopefully I can scrounge up some ammo for the 23rd... it'll be in the middle of my Summer 2, Math410: Matrix Analysis class, so I'll be pretty busy. I'm really hoping the class is about the movie and not the mathmatical concept, but I really doubt it. I'm still showing up the first day dressed like Neo though.

Here are some pictures from Saturday morning at the Old Sanoita Silo:

http://thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=26334&stc=1
http://thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=26333&stc=1
http://thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=26332&stc=1
http://thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=26331&stc=1
http://thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=26330&stc=1

-Colin

dasmi
July 11, 2005, 01:12 PM
It's not looking like I'll be able to make it. I don't think I can spare the money for gas. Post the information here anyway, I might still show up.

sumpnz
July 12, 2005, 01:38 AM
Due to a change in plans, my German friend should be able to make it on the 23rd.

Len_in_phoenix - What's the scoop?

Lennyjoe
July 13, 2005, 10:05 AM
I have a wedding to attend on Friday eve the 22nd. I was planning on coming up that way Friday eve but looks like I'm gonna have to get my happy a$$ out of bed bright and early to make the drive up there Sat morning.

Still no words on the range. Any suggestions?

sumpnz
July 15, 2005, 01:25 AM
I PM'd Len in Phoenix a couple days ago and have gotten no response. Hope all is well with him.

Should we maybe start thinking of alternate ranges? I'm still needing to check out Rio Salado here in Mesa. 'Course a wildcat range would be nice in the sense that we wouldn't have to pay for access and informal shooting does have its advantages. What do y'all think?

Lennyjoe
July 15, 2005, 10:32 AM
I have shot at the Rio range and its pretty nice. That's where we had the 1st Phoenix THR shoot. Get with denfoote, he's the one that proposed that range the 1st time.

denfoote
July 16, 2005, 11:38 PM
I'm way short on funds!!
Next week would be better Rio is fine too!!

sumpnz
July 17, 2005, 04:00 PM
Shall we set Rio Salado as the place then? Anyone a member (IIRC guests of members save about $2 on the daily rate compared to walk-ins).

What time should be meet up. I'm still thinking early morning so that we can avoid some of the heat, but I'm open to whatever works best for the most people.

Snake Eyes
July 17, 2005, 05:00 PM
Cidirkona--

Don't worry about ammo for that Combloc popgun you've got there. I've got literally thousands of rounds of 7.62, and no AK to shoot them through.

You bring the toys, I'll bring the ammo.

BTW, everyone....I'll try to go thru my "ammo locker" this week and post an inventory of calibers I have "surplus" of. Hopefully we can get it all shot up!

tdog90yj
July 17, 2005, 05:20 PM
I jsut met up with sumpnz and heard about the get to gether. Keep me informed when the date/time is nailed down. I would love to cruise to Rio and "shoot the breeze"
Stay safe

sumpnz
July 17, 2005, 08:04 PM
tdog90yj - I have plenty of Miwall .38spl if you don't have any to try out that Charter Off Duty.

dasmi
July 17, 2005, 08:06 PM
*sigh*
Sounds like you guys are going to have a great time. Wish I could make it.

sumpnz
July 17, 2005, 08:52 PM
Is it time or $$ keeping you at home?

Lennyjoe
July 17, 2005, 09:04 PM
I am going to a wedding on Friday eve so I might not make it up there till around 9 am.

scratchy wilson
July 17, 2005, 09:44 PM
Is anyone going to the show at the Fairgrounds? Not sure if I can drop down yet or not, but if I should go to the shoot, is there someone who knows his way around a Garand?

cidirkona
July 17, 2005, 10:56 PM
...Just sold my Garand, but didn't really know much about it until I had it and looked into it, but I still don't know enough to price quote anything - just basic functions and disassembly (and possibly reassembly...).

That's very generous of you Snake Eyes, but unfortunately still... the Supra's out of Honda-destroying ammo too ;) If I sell my Star before then though, I should be fine. Make an offer anyone? It's either that or catch a ride with another Tucsonan who's already headed up and I can split gas prices with someone...

I also have tests every Monday morning in my math410 class, so I end up spending most of my weekend studying...

Quite a few cards to deal before my hand is completely dealt...

-Colin

sumpnz
July 18, 2005, 12:04 AM
Is anyone going to the show at the Fairgrounds? Well, since Lenny can't make it up really early anyway, what say we meet at the show, stock up on ammo, and then head out to the range? For those that can't make the show, maybe just show up at the range around 1:00? It'll be the hottest part of the day though.

dasmi
July 18, 2005, 12:57 AM
sumpnz,
Money. Can't really afford the gas it'll take to get out there.

Lennyjoe
July 18, 2005, 11:13 AM
I planned on going to the show either before or after the shoot. Not a big fan of leaving my arsenal in the car though while I'm out walking the show. On the other hand, I am shopping for a Delta Elite and would love to score one and shoot it that day. :D

Colin, If I wasn't planning on staying with some friends then I would be more than happy to have you ride shotgun. I plan on going up early Saturday morning and coming back on Sunday.

MikeJ
July 19, 2005, 12:27 AM
I'm going to the show at the fairgrounds this weekend. Unfortunately I won't be able to make the shoot but definitely want to paln for one this fall. Would love to meet up with some fellow High Road folks at the show.

sumpnz
July 19, 2005, 12:34 AM
I should be there with my German friend. We should pick a time and spot to meet up there. Maybe the lemonade stand nearest the main enterance? 9AM? What do y'all think.

I'll be wearing my Molon Labe hat, and maybe my Canterbury Rugby jersey (red and black).

dasmi
July 19, 2005, 12:36 AM
Make sure you guys take lots of pictures! I'll be there next time.

sumpnz
July 19, 2005, 02:25 AM
dasmi - We'll hold you to that :D

dasmi
July 19, 2005, 09:28 AM
What do you guy think about doing a Yuma shoot? Or some other place roughly half way between San Diego and Phoenix?
Could be a combined California/Arizona get together.

MikeJ
July 19, 2005, 10:23 AM
I'm up for that if it is held in the Fall.

HogRider
July 19, 2005, 10:49 AM
Who is going to the Crossroads at the Ice Arena on Saturday?

dasmi
July 19, 2005, 11:16 AM
Fall sounds good to me. I'll make a new thread about it sometime in September.
I think it would be great to meet in Yuma, shoot all day, then have dinner and drinks somewhere.

MikeJ
July 20, 2005, 03:13 PM
HogRider and I will be at the show on Saturday at 9 a.m. If anyone is interested in meeting up with us to say hi let me know and I will figure out how we can identify each other and where to meet. Mike

Snake Eyes
July 20, 2005, 03:41 PM
So....are we all meeting to go shooting? Or has that fallen by the wayside?

Lennyjoe
July 20, 2005, 04:37 PM
I'm game. I will be at the gunshow around 0900 on Saturday as well. I will have on a tan Molon Labe hat and a yellow button down shirt.

Shooting afterwards is fine with me too.

sumpnz
July 20, 2005, 05:47 PM
What time should meet up at the range. I'm thinking around 1 or 2PM.

Lennyjoe
July 20, 2005, 06:42 PM
Looks like alot of rain heading our way Saturday. The range in Mesa is covered so that is good. I would say 1 PM is fine. That gives me 3 hours at the gunshow.

Lets get some good directions here for the range. I remember its somewhere off of Hwy 60 East.

sumpnz
July 20, 2005, 07:04 PM
From US-60 take the Ellsworth Rd exit (#191) and go North about 7-8 miles (not totally sure on the distance). Around McDowell Rd it will change names to Usery Pass Rd. Range is near the intersection of Usery Pass and Microwave Tower Rd's.

Hopefully there won't be any wrecks on that road like the last time I tried to go there. If they close that road down, there is no other way to get there (short of serious off roading).

Chances are the rain won't come until late afternoon or evening. If so, we'll still get at least a couple hours of dry shooting in.

scratchy wilson
July 21, 2005, 12:45 AM
Is this weekend's show one of the larger ones?

Snake Eyes
July 21, 2005, 12:50 AM
Is this Rio Salado we're talking about?

sumpnz
July 21, 2005, 01:19 AM
Scratchy - Yes. It's a Crossroads show (3 buildings plus tents).

Snake - Yes.

HogRider
July 21, 2005, 10:27 AM
Yes. It's a Crossroads show (3 buildings plus tents).

This is the Indoor (Ice Arena) one.

Lennyjoe
July 21, 2005, 11:04 AM
The fairgrounds off of I-10 right?

sumpnz
July 21, 2005, 11:46 AM
19th Ave and McDowell. Can't remember how close it is to I-10 as I've only been there once.

MikeJ
July 21, 2005, 03:11 PM
If you exit I-10 at McDowell it drops you off at about 23rd ave. and you are only 4 blocks from the fairgrounds.

Lennyjoe
July 21, 2005, 03:19 PM
Cool. I will be reloading a pot load of 10MM and .45 along with some .223 this eve.

sumpnz
July 21, 2005, 03:29 PM
Will you be bringing your Chrony?

Lennyjoe
July 21, 2005, 05:22 PM
Sure, why not. I need to chrony my 55gr 22-250 loads anyway.

HogRider
July 21, 2005, 06:47 PM
OK - now, who will be at the gun Show on Saturday and what time?
Is anyone bringing any guns for sale or trade? I am planning on being there early - a little bit before they open. maybe 8.45

Lennyjoe
July 21, 2005, 06:50 PM
I will try to be there by 0900. Bringing a 10MM S&W 1006 and looking for a Delta Elite.

sumpnz
July 21, 2005, 07:31 PM
I'm going to be there around 9AM, not planning to buy or sell any guns but will be looking at scopes and reloading stuff, maybe some other camping/hunting stuff too. I'll probably have my German friend with my, as well as a co-worker.

Lennyjoe
July 23, 2005, 01:13 PM
Guys, as you could probably tell by the time of this post that I won't make it today. During the wedding we had a close friend of the family go down and had to be admitted to the hospital. He had emergency surgery last night and is in ICU at this time. We got back from the hospital early this morning and I am pooped. I don't think I could drive up there and back and be safe in the process so I elected to stay here. We are going back to the hospital this eve to visit and see how he is doing.

He has been with our family since 92 and is 22 years old. His appendix ruptured at an undetermined time and he has been feeling ill the last 2 days. Last night he couldnt take it anymore and for obvious reasons. He was septic due to the appendix and is in bad shape.

Hope you guys had a great time and I will make the next get together. Take care and enjoy.

sumpnz
July 23, 2005, 04:17 PM
Damn Lenny - That just sucks. Explains why I didn't see you at the gun show. Godspeed to your relative.

sumpnz
July 23, 2005, 08:26 PM
Well, I didn't see any of y'all at the gun show or the range. I was wearing my red and black Canterbury rugby jersey, and Molon Labe hat. I was at the show from about 9-12:30, and the range from 2-4:30.

HogRider
July 24, 2005, 06:06 PM
I was at the gunshow at 9 AM. Stood at the entrance when they opened and watched the crowd come in but didn't see any familiar faces....

If you enjoyed reading about "Tucson/Phoenix Arizona THR get together thread." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!