Traveling with firearms

PDA

River Wraith
June 26, 2005, 03:35 AM
When they say it's okay to transport an "unloaded" firearm and you have a firearm and 2 loaded mags that aren't in the gun in a locked case, is that "unloaded"? :confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Traveling with firearms" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Steve in PA
June 26, 2005, 08:55 AM
Depends on your state law.

In PA, it would be considered unloaded, however the mags/ammo must be carried in a separate container.

sctman800
June 26, 2005, 11:02 AM
Here in Illinois, the part not in the Chicago area, gun must be unloaded, and totally encased but loaded mags can be carried in the same container, does not need to be locked. This works in a vehicle or on foot, this is how we get "fanny pack carry" here in Illinois. I may be wrong but it is my understanding that in Massachutes a loaded mag is considered a loaded gun even if all you have is the mag. So, check your state. Jim.

River Wraith
June 26, 2005, 01:01 PM
Thanks a lot. We are traveling through Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, Kansas or Nebraska, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, and South Carolina. I'll check those at packing.org. Thanks again.

If you enjoyed reading about "Traveling with firearms" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!