Idea for Reality Series--ZOMBIE!

PDA

Cosmoline
June 26, 2005, 09:01 PM
Here's my weird idea for a new reality TV series. The premise is that the world is overrun with the walking dead. Take a dozen people and "strand" them in a disused office complex/island/campground. They can only use what they can scrounge. They must figure out whether to go it alone or form an alliance--and with whom. There will be no formal tests, but rather a periodic zombie attack will force them to use their limited resources to protect themselves or be eaten. The zombies will be extras. The participants will have paintball guns and very limited ammunition. They will also have limited food. They can launch raids into zombie infested zones, but if they trip an alarm they are deemed dead. The winner is the last one to survive.

If you enjoyed reading about "Idea for Reality Series--ZOMBIE!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Preacherman
June 26, 2005, 09:11 PM
One immediate problem - you said REALITY series. Zombie's ain't reality.

:neener:

Biker
June 26, 2005, 09:13 PM
Neither are the Hiltons. :D
Biker

Joejojoba111
June 26, 2005, 09:15 PM
But they mirror common social problems, and exaggerate them for effect.

Cosmoline
June 26, 2005, 09:16 PM
You could have the Hiltons exposed to a mock zombie horde! Now I call that synergy!

Jubei
June 27, 2005, 12:02 AM
If you had a tv show that had the Hiltons, especially Paris, attacked by zombies, I would watch every minute. Nothing like wealthy, skanky, talentless bimbos being dispatched by the undead that'll get me to giggling.

Jubei

Tom Servo
June 27, 2005, 12:46 AM
One immediate problem - you said REALITY series. Zombie's ain't reality.
Yes they are. They're the millions of Americans who actually WATCH reality-programming and keep it lucrative. Wouldn't mind practising some head-shots on a few of them. "Seriously Your Honor, I THOUGHT he was the walking dead! He was watching Trading Spouses with the Hiltons on Survivor Island!!!"

No jury would convict me :evil:

Justin
June 27, 2005, 12:56 AM
There was a thread on APS about this. An illusionist in Britain dropped a guy into a building with "zombies" that were coming after him. There was video, it was entertaining.

Joejojoba111
June 27, 2005, 01:43 AM
The way it seems to me, the main effort in every conflict is to turn the enemy into zombies, first for domestic consumption and then for international sympathy. Zombies are people, but not. It's their nature to be your enemy, they know nothing else, they are impossible to reason with and trying to do so will only cause you harm...

Probably the closest relationship I can think of would be WW1, where the Germans butchered every man woman and child of every village they over-ran, processed used any available corpses for raw material value such as buttons and stuffing, and were completely unresponsive to communication and unreasonable as they began a war without any justification or provocation against all the innocent beautiful and peace-loving peoples of Europe.

I'm probably just messed up in the head, but I feel a little ashamed when I watch a zombie movie, because it's almost a guilty pleasure to empathize in a situation which is so ridiculously black and white, I kind of fear it might affect my reasoning IRL if I enjoy it too much...

bogie
June 27, 2005, 08:03 AM
Better idea....

Take a buncha _willing_ contestants (and I'd bet you'd get plenty of signups), and drop 'em a few hundred meters apart around the shore of a deserted island.

Give 'em each a 1911, a single unloaded magazine, seven rounds, and a ka-bar...

Tell 'em that the first to make it to the center of the island gets a recording contract and movie deal.

natedog
June 27, 2005, 10:43 AM
Zombie's ain't reality.

Wha-what?

Justin, do you have a link to that video?

enfield303
June 27, 2005, 10:53 AM
"Zombies ain't reality"?

You mean I've stockpiled weapons and ammo for NOTHING?

Oh. the humanity! Oh, the shame! Holy S*&t, I spent a lot of money! :D :D :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Idea for Reality Series--ZOMBIE!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!