Super X2 light field Qs

PDA

Spinnerblade
June 26, 2005, 09:09 PM
Hi everyone, first time poster long time reader.

I was at Bass Pro Shops the other day and got to handle some X2s. The sporting clays and lightweight models seemed to fit the best.

The sporting clays model had a 30 inch barrel, which is a little longer than I like, and seemed quite a bit heavier than the Light Field.

Does anyone know if the lightweight x2 model is as rugged and reliable as the regular x2? And where does the weight savings come from?

The X2 I get will be used as an all around shotgun.
Any other things I should be considering before I buy?

Thanks, Patrick

If you enjoyed reading about "Super X2 light field Qs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kingcreek
June 26, 2005, 11:21 PM
Welcome Spinnerblade!
The lightwt should be as durable as the SC model and almost anything else out there. I'm not sure where they shave the weight but I would buy the one you like best and not worry bout it. Those are well made, reliable shotguns.
I use a synthetic SuperX2 with a 26" tube for dedicated waterfowl work. never so much as a hiccup in perfect function.

Spinnerblade
June 27, 2005, 01:41 AM
Thanks for the welcome Kingcreek.
I figured their all good, but I didn't want to buy and find out later that I had overlooked something. Patrick

Dave McCracken
June 27, 2005, 09:11 AM
From all reports, the X-2 is a classic in the making. Were I getting an auto, it's one of the top contenders.....

If you enjoyed reading about "Super X2 light field Qs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!