New cartridge enters the caliber wars!

PDA

iapetus
June 27, 2005, 07:34 AM
Personally, I think that 40mm handgun (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=143947&page=1&pp=40&highlight=40 mm) sounds overpowered, and you couldn't carry much ammo for it either.

I think I'll go for the Beretta .9 millimetre (http://icsouthlondon.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0200southlondonheadlines/tm_objectid=15660085%26method=full%26siteid=50100%26headline=gun%2dcrime%2d%2d%2din%2dthe%2dline%2dof%2dfire-name_page.html) instead - after all, it is standard issue of the US Marines!

(Although the article does refer to it later as a .9 and a cal-9, so maybe it uses saboted rounds).

(And yes, this is from the same newspaper that two weeks ago called BB-guns "weapons of mass destruction").

If you enjoyed reading about "New cartridge enters the caliber wars!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
heypete
June 27, 2005, 10:24 AM
*laughs* I love how they make the .44 Magnum out to be some Uber-Death-Gun, but the "cal-9 millimetre" is the Mega-Death-Gun capable of leveling small towns. Since it's clearly used only by the United States Marines (heaven forbid they mention it was invented by the Germans, is the NATO standard, and is carried by British soldiers), it's capable of absurdly huge amounts of wanton destruction.

Small atomic charges are found in each bullet...er...warhead. :evil:

Technosavant
June 27, 2005, 10:40 AM
That .44 Magnum can cause all sorts of grief.

I mean, I can't shoot more than 12-18 shots out of mine at the range before my hand starts getting awfully sore.

BostonGeorge
June 27, 2005, 11:30 AM
They need to get those evil cal-9 parabelliums of the streets for good.

matthewdanger
June 27, 2005, 11:54 AM
Maybe we can offer the anti-gunners a deal: We will hand over all of our .9 millimeter handguns and 40mm handguns and they will never talk about guns again.

scottgun
June 27, 2005, 01:26 PM
I'm the only one in the room professional enough to handle this 40mm Glock.

:neener:

epijunkie67
June 27, 2005, 02:48 PM
"When people ring me I tell them quite clearly I do not want to know their name, their address or their motivation," he said.

Yup, just call the police and say someone you don't like has a big ol nasty gun. Now THATS how you harrass people you don't like. Jut have the police come kick in their door.

"And he revealed gun crime in Lambeth had soared by 44 per cent this year, despite no recorded firearms deaths."

Wait a minute. Guns are banned there. There isn't any gun crime now because it's illegal to own a gun. See, if you just ban guns then we won't have criminals using them on honest people, or each other.

Hold on. You mean the criminals aren't following the law?! How did that happen?

Twycross
June 27, 2005, 02:57 PM
I wonder what the magazine capacity would be for the "deadly .9 mm". Probably more than my 40 mm. :D

happy old sailor
June 27, 2005, 04:38 PM
yep, think nines are already banned in the UK along with any other caliber you can imagine. if i lived there, i would move, if i could. if not, i would have a wrist rocket and a supply of .50 cal lead balls. if those are not also banned. if they are not banned, they would be as soon as i plunked some jaybird on the noggin with one. i can see my name and face in the paper with an article about me and my destructive device. not only can i destroy viollages, i can sink ships on the Thames.

i have great sym[pathy for those persons in the UK that want a firearm of some type. there are several large organized groups of people here in the
U.S. that want it that way here. it would seem that they blame me personally for all the gun deaths in recorded history. dont laugh, we are all public enemy number something on the red list. a danger to society and not capable of being retrained. oh my, how can one bunged uo old man be so vicious.

crazyXgerman
June 27, 2005, 05:11 PM
gun crime in Lambeth had soared by 44 per cent this year

translated: last year they had two people who illegaly owned guns. this year it was three. :rolleyes:

C-grunt
June 28, 2005, 12:47 PM
If a cal .9mm is able to obliterate cities, does that mean the 40mm handgun is handheld DOOMSDAY?......I want one

If you enjoyed reading about "New cartridge enters the caliber wars!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!