WAR! on TV is GREAT TV!

PDA

Zorro
March 20, 2003, 12:58 AM
WARS! make for REALLY! Great TV! WAY! better than the OSCARS!!

Or, Am I wrong?

:evil:

I think NOT!

If you enjoyed reading about "WAR! on TV is GREAT TV!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hkmp5sd
March 20, 2003, 01:02 AM
It must be. Back during the Gulf War, crime actually went down when it started because most of the BGs stayed home to watch CNN.

cslinger
March 20, 2003, 01:04 AM
It's easy to get caught up in the aircraft, tanks, guns and cruise missiles but let's remember war means people are going to die and that is rarely something to celebrate.

Ok, unless it is Saddam and his dirtbag sons.

Chris

makdaddy03
March 20, 2003, 01:05 AM
I really dont think "WAR" is great but interesting.;)

Blackhawk
March 20, 2003, 01:10 AM
The TV being off is better than the Oscars, IMO. :neener:

sonny
March 20, 2003, 01:17 AM
I can't sleep......yeah...it's interesting stuff.....I'll be honest...War on TV?.....it's kind of sad and perverse to me ... their are real americans in harms way and I feel a little ashamed watching it on TV....I wish I was young again and I could be there with them......I only hope the media has some class in reporting this war....(I doubt they will)
All that said......it's hard NOT to watch :D

CZ-75
March 20, 2003, 01:28 AM
I certainly hope Gulf War II - The Sequel upstages the Oscars.

I particularly hope they drop a MOAB right as they announce best "documentary." Preferably on the Kodak Theater. ;)

QuickDraw
March 20, 2003, 01:33 AM
I guess this could be called Reality TV!
Truth be told,I dumped the cable last June.:D
Now its just the radio and the 'net.

QuickDraw

Archie
March 20, 2003, 01:40 AM
I just put my son and a fellow sailor of his on a plane bound for Japan. They will be joining the Kitty Hawk. All things considered, it's as safe a place as there will be.

Those men and women who are Soldiers, Sailors and Marines, and the nation at large, is doing what has to be done. As I and many of you did. But it was easier when I was the young man going off to do battle with the forces of evil. A lot easier.

Watch! Part of our future is bound up in what transpires, for good or ill. Keep track, and pray.

S_O_Laban
March 20, 2003, 01:44 AM
I watch very little TV. Although interesting I would not say that it is enjoyable or fun (war on TV). That said, I will probably watch more TV (Fox cable news) than I have in quite a while. I think most of us are interested in the condition of our troops and TV provides the best source for real time info. May God add his blessing to the USA.

CZ-75
March 20, 2003, 02:03 AM
If it weren't for the History Channel, Discovery (and its various iterations), and Speed, I wouldn't have anything to watch. I can honestly say I watch network TV about 2-3 hours/week.

If you enjoyed reading about "WAR! on TV is GREAT TV!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!