California members! Shooting range in Lake Arrowhead/Big Bear?

PDA

dasmi
June 29, 2005, 02:41 AM
Are there any shooting range in Lake Arrowhead/Big Bear Lake area? I'll be up there this weekend, and I'm itching to exercise my firepower.

If you enjoyed reading about "California members! Shooting range in Lake Arrowhead/Big Bear?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Moonclip
June 29, 2005, 04:03 AM
Somewhere off the base of the 330 highway up the mountain there is a dirt road, sort of rough that has designated shooting areas. You need a forest adventure pas and it could be closed due to fire season. I haven't been in like 2 years so I'd look in to how you could contact the forest rangers in the area. Sorry I don't have more detailed info but it's a start.

Malone LaVeigh
June 29, 2005, 04:25 AM
Contact for the Big Bear Ranger District:

Big Bear Ranger Station / Discovery Center
41397 North Shore Drive, Highway 38
P.O. Box 290
Fawnskin, CA 92333
(909) 382-2790 (voice)

You can also look here: http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardino/

IIRC, Big Bear and Arrowhead Ranger Districts were merged a few years ago. Understand, they are extremely fire conscious and may have severe restrictions, but in general, you can shoot on NFS land.

dasmi
June 29, 2005, 10:59 AM
Thanks everyone. Anyone else have any ideas?

far2much4me
June 29, 2005, 12:16 PM
There is a range in Big Bear. It's off of Hwy 38/18 between Big Bear Lake and Baldwin Lake.

There are several designated shooting areas in the National Forest. Contact the ranger station for locations and restrictions (they are closed when the fire hazard gets too high.

Guy B. Meredith
June 29, 2005, 04:04 PM
Check with these people--they are a very active group.

Big Bear Valley Revolver Club
Big Bear, CA
Club Reps: John and Tara Venard
760/248-6228 or taravenard@yahoo.com

If you enjoyed reading about "California members! Shooting range in Lake Arrowhead/Big Bear?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!