What would you put in legislation to get NFA and GCA repealed

PDA

Brian Williams
June 30, 2005, 12:20 PM
Suppose we could get the NFA-32, GCA-68, Etc repealed with a good(not great but better than we have) firearms legislation, what would you like to see
I know we have the 2nd but some regulationcould be acceptable compared to what we have now.
1. FFLs for transfers of interstate transactions with fees set at certain levels, $10 for longarms, $20 for Handguns, $50 for MG.

2. Form 4 approval time limits to 3 weeks with open Machinegun registry with transfers of $400

3. NIC waived with valid CCWP

4. Suppressors declassified as CLASS III with new transfers like a handgun.

If you enjoyed reading about "What would you put in legislation to get NFA and GCA repealed" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Byron Quick
June 30, 2005, 12:29 PM
I would add definitions by amendment to the Second Amendment.

Specifically:

The People means all citizens of the United State.

The militia means the entire body of the people except for elected government officials.

Infringed means any attempt at control of firearms, denying of the right of ownership to any free citizen, and any attempt at banning or registration of firearms or ammuntion.

Then I would add the penalties for infringement, attempting to infringe, or advocating the infringemnent of this amendment in any manner whatsoever.

For an elected official of any local, state, or federal office the penalty for the above would immediate outlawry...as such killing him or her would not be a crime. In fact, some locales might place a bounty for such killing. For any citizen not holding an elected office...conviction by a jury of his peers would result in the same automatic sentence of outlawry.

There's not but one way to control statists and that's to weed them out of the gene pool or make them mortally afraid to show their true colors.

Henry Bowman
June 30, 2005, 12:57 PM
Infringed means any attempt at control of firearms, denying of the right of ownership to any free citizen, and any attempt at banning or registration of firearms or ammuntion. I would include taxation also.

taliv
June 30, 2005, 01:51 PM
$400 for a form 4 transfer??? how bout $20?

entropy
June 30, 2005, 02:43 PM
I would simply restate the law to: Use a gun on another human being for other than self-defense or the protection of others from imminent harm who cannot defend themselves, the punishment upon coviction will be execution by firing squad. One appeal, to be ajudicated within six months of original verdict. Executioners while in the course of their duties will be exempt. Police officers while in the course of their duties will be exempt. Police officers while in the course of their duties will be held to the self-defense or protection of others from imminent harm standard, except that police officers will be able to fire on fleeing felons, whether the felony was being committed, or upon identification by officers as a wanted felon.

Simple.

Effective.

Standard of conviction will be what a reasonable person would do in the situation.

All firearms would be legal.

Crime would drop dramatiacally.

bbgun
June 30, 2005, 05:16 PM
thru misuse of nightsticks, just look at the Rodney King riots. They are inept and powermad, way too often, and not held to any sort of responsibility standard. If YOU had walked over to two bled-out, unarmed men and fired 3 shots into each of their heads, you'd be on death row. So why aint Mirules at least kicked off the FBI without a pension, hmm? Platt and Matix WERE unarmed, and so bled out that they could barely raise their heads.

Billmanweh
June 30, 2005, 05:42 PM
thru misuse of nightsticks, just look at the Rodney King riots. They are inept and powermad, way too often, and not held to any sort of responsibility standard. If YOU had walked over to two bled-out, unarmed men and fired 3 shots into each of their heads, you'd be on death row. So why aint Mirules at least kicked off the FBI without a pension, hmm? Platt and Matix WERE unarmed, and so bled out that they could barely raise their heads.

I think somebody got a speeding ticket on the way to work this morning...

:neener:

bbgun
June 30, 2005, 05:44 PM
without cops ready to shoot you, no taxes would get paid, etc.

El Tejon
June 30, 2005, 06:40 PM
So, you are talking about modification, not repeal, right?

O.K., I'll play:

1. Reopen MG Registry. Reduce paperwork and eliminate tax.

2. Move suppressors to Title I.

3. Federal pre-emption of Title I and II regulation.

4. Full faith and credit legislation for permits to carry.

5. Abolish Clinton DD ruling.

6. Abolish "sporting purposes" test of SSA of '68.

7. Create civil remedy with triple damages and attorney fees for gun owners who have RKBA violated.

8. Create civil remedy with triple damages and attorney fees for importers and manufacturers of firearms who have commerce interfered with by federal, state or local governments.

9. Immediate pardon for all those convicted of any violations of the NFA of '34.

10. Elimination of regulations upon FFLs with new category of FFL allowing individuals who wish to collect to purchase firearms, Title I and II, through mail. Encourage more people to become involved in firearms business with federal preemption of all state and local firearms zoning.

11. Creation of shooting range fund adminstered by CMP funded by increased sales of government firearms and ammo.

12. Elimination of "once a machinegun always a machinegun" rule and re-importation of militree surplus.

Just for starters! :)

Standing Wolf
June 30, 2005, 09:07 PM
...you are talking about modification, not repeal, right?

Repeal makes more sense. Why polish the brass on the Titanic?

kal
June 30, 2005, 09:24 PM
Get rid of ALL gun laws.

Standing Wolf
June 30, 2005, 11:38 PM
I think we should keep the Second Amendment.

Third_Rail
July 1, 2005, 12:03 AM
Why? It's not like it actually gives us the right to have firearms. It just happens to spell it out.

Pinned&Recessed
July 1, 2005, 01:35 AM
Keep the NFA, but redefine the firearms regulated:

A "Machine Gun" is defined as a weapon sold in a box that conspicuously says "Machine Gun" somewhere on the box. The ability of the firearm to operate automatically, that is; the firearm will continue to fire until all the available ammunition is expended or the trigger is released, is immaterial. A firearm is not defined as a Machine Gun unless the box is marked as such.

(Apply this same standard to "Short-Barreled" firearms, "Suppressors" and "Assault Weapons" and stuff like that.)

Alternately, modify it like this:

Machine Guns will be legal to own, posess and fire, just like Title I firearms, but the owners of said Machine Guns must promise to never switch the firearm to fire automatically and really mean it. The penalty for firing a Machine Gun automatically will consist of a duly-appointed law-enforcement official administering a sharp rap on the offender's knuckles or slap the offender on the wrist, utilizing a ruler precisely 12 inches in length. The Punishment will include a stern verbal warning, to include the words "Miscreant", "Naughty" and "Ne'er-do-well". Punishment can only be administered once per fiscal year.

That should do it.

Byron Quick
July 1, 2005, 11:43 AM
So why aint Mirules at least kicked off the FBI without a pension, hmm? Platt and Matix WERE unarmed, and so bled out that they could barely raise their heads.

Sorry, but this is flat out not true...depending upon what state you're talking about. A woman was kidnapped in Tennessee by her ex-boyfriend. She suffered compression fractures of vertebrae in her back while jumping from the second story in an attempt to escape. The ex killed her mother while she was trying to escape and captured her. He restrained her with duct tape and threw her in his van. He stopped for gas outside of Rome, Georgia While he was inside paying for the gas; she freed herself from the duct tape and picked up the handgun that he had foolishly left in the van. As he came back to his van; she confronted him with the handgun. He turned and ran. She gave chase and brought him down by shooting him in the back. She then emptied the gun into his unarmed body as he lay on the pavement. This was first posted on TFL...nearly every poster was going on about how it was a bad shoot and that she was in a world of trouble. I'm from Georgia and I gave the precise prediction of what would happen to her:"she won't be arrested, she won't be indicted, and she won't be tried." The LEO's did not arrest her and the grand jury refused to indict her. Tell you what, friend, if someone murders my colleagues; the fact that they've dropped the guns and are wounded isn't going to stop me from stopping the threat. Far as I'm concerned, they might pick them back up.

You need to wake up and smell the coffee, friend. There are states in the US that don't go for that whiny crap...Florida is one of them. If a murderer so much as twitches after killing one of my friends or a member of my family; I'm going for slide lock. Your mileage may vary; you're free to do as you please as your friends and family members lay murdered around you.

Johnnybgood
July 1, 2005, 11:51 AM
To Florida! :d

Sam
July 1, 2005, 05:18 PM
Any attempt at infringement upon the right to keep and bear arms of any citizen shall result in summary execution, delayed only by the need to draw witnesses.

Sam

If you enjoyed reading about "What would you put in legislation to get NFA and GCA repealed" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!