FL FFL Transfer

PDA

rhtwist
June 30, 2005, 06:49 PM
Hello,
I don't know if this is the proper area to post, but. In the state of Florida, is it necessary for a FFL to only accept firearms from another FFL (out of state/ out of town)? Contacted local shop and owner won't accept a firearm otherwise. Thank for any information.

If you enjoyed reading about "FL FFL Transfer" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hkmp5sd
July 1, 2005, 12:10 PM
A Florida FFL can receive a firearm directly from a non-licensee in any state. FFL to FFL transfer is not required by law. The store may have that as their policy though. Some FFLs refuse to deal with the lowly non-licensee, generally out of ignorance of federal gun laws.

rhtwist
July 1, 2005, 06:19 PM
Great to get a response. Thank you for your time. I was thinking this might be the case. Now if I can talk one into it locally. Hate to spend the extra money if not necessary. Around South Florida it seems to be around $35 for the transfer and $5 for the background check. Don't know a dealer well enough for a discount.

rhtwist

joab
July 1, 2005, 06:22 PM
Punch in your area code here and see if you can find someone in your areahttp://www.gunsamerica.com/transfer.cgi

Alex45ACP
July 1, 2005, 06:33 PM
Great to get a response. Thank you for your time. I was thinking this might be the case. Now if I can talk one into it locally. Hate to spend the extra money if not necessary. Around South Florida it seems to be around $35 for the transfer and $5 for the background check. Don't know a dealer well enough for a discount.

Where in South Florida are you? I found a place that will do it for $15 in Ft. Myers. In Naples I can't find anyone who will do it for a reasonable price, the closest place wants $50 :scrutiny:

rhtwist
July 2, 2005, 09:44 AM
That was great, thanx Joab!! Found numerous listings in my area. Will have to call and get the details. For some reason I never noticed that feature on gunsamerica.
Alex45ACP, I'm in Dade/Broward area. Have just been using the Yellow Pages. That search that Joab directed me to showed about 4 times the quantity of dealers willing to transfer. They must not advertise.
Thanks Gentlemen! ! !

If you enjoyed reading about "FL FFL Transfer" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!