Duracote firearms finish

PDA

Slater
July 1, 2005, 10:02 PM
http://www.lauerweaponry.com/

Anyone have any experience with this particular finish? The site claims that a gun finished with Duracote "will not rust - ever".

If you enjoyed reading about "Duracote firearms finish" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
nico
July 1, 2005, 10:11 PM
I find that claim hard to believe. What kind of warranty do they give to back it up?

Slater
July 1, 2005, 10:26 PM
I read that statement in their FAQ section:

"I hunt along saltwater. Will DuraCoat withstand the salty environment?

Certainly. DuraCoat is well suited for salty environments. One of DuraCoat's attributes is its extreme ability to resist salt corrosion. A firearm coated with DuraCoat simply will not rust...EVER!"

Arc-Lite
July 1, 2005, 10:35 PM
rust will not form on the dura-coat, but it is a coating, and if scratched then the rust can form on the unprotected area... I have a similar finish, and have had it in rain storms....rivers and the ocean, and done this often...still no rust, on all protected areas.

yodar
April 8, 2007, 10:31 PM
Double-Star .45 frame (new) and junkbox Itajuba slide. One black, one O.D. total cost $50.00 mas o menos to duracoat and I have enough left to do three more. Now that I know what surface prep needs, I'll get better results. The slide was pretty beat up.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1229/6309647/14727403/244247171.jpg

DO order whatever anticipated colors you need with the first order. Duracoat will stick you with a $15.00 haz mat Fee for any colors you order outside the main order

And do get a harbor freight $50.00 air compressor for air brush application. the C02 can they offer with their airbrush sux! (freezes up)

yodar

JWarren
April 8, 2007, 10:44 PM
I've used Duracoat on a SAR-1 AK-47, a FAL, and a Saiga 308.

I'm very pleased with the results on each rifle. I'll be doing my Vector AK-47 and a Romanian G AK-47 with it soon.

John

If you enjoyed reading about "Duracote firearms finish" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!