Signing Off...

PDA

Nightcrawler
July 2, 2005, 11:36 AM
...For now. Tomorrow, July 3rd, I fly out of Doha International. Sometime the next day, I'll arrive home back in the United States, my year in Qatar complete.

It will be good to be home.

Thank you for all of your support though this time, folks. I'll be offline for awhile, if anyone wonders, until my new FALCON NORTHWEST (http://www.falcon-nw.com) (!!) PC arrives and I can get back online.

And boy, do I have some gun buyin' to do. FAL carbine, here I come!

Thanks again!

If you enjoyed reading about "Signing Off..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mikep99
July 2, 2005, 11:40 AM
Welcome back! Nice to see that you are ok

Old NFO
July 2, 2005, 11:52 AM
Welcome home and THANKS!

Brian Williams
July 2, 2005, 11:55 AM
HAVE A NICE FLIGHT
think old blue S&W

280PLUS
July 2, 2005, 09:36 PM
Welcome back to the world! Glad to have you back...

:D

tc300mag1
July 2, 2005, 09:37 PM
Welcome home and thanks hope your flight goes well

KriegHund
July 2, 2005, 09:48 PM
WB!

And thank you!

DarthBubba
July 2, 2005, 10:47 PM
Welcome home and thank you for all you have done.

DarthBubba :D

Selfdfenz
July 3, 2005, 02:19 AM
Safe trip and WB.

S-

EghtySx
July 3, 2005, 02:35 AM
Very glad you made it out intact and thank you sir. Welcome home

4570Rick
July 3, 2005, 03:08 AM
Welcome back. ;)

...and Thanks!

Ky Larry
July 3, 2005, 03:07 PM
I know exactly how you feel. :D
Welcome home.

CajunBass
July 3, 2005, 03:16 PM
Thank you, and Godspeed your journey home.

Peter M. Eick
July 3, 2005, 03:34 PM
Plan extra time going through Doha Customs. It sure seems to take a long time getting through there.

Are you heading through Dubai to Gatwick or do they have you on a different route? If you head through Dubai, don't trip on anyone sleeping on the floor....

Take care and I can understand when you say glad to be back in the states.

Cool off in the UP!

Nightcrawler
July 4, 2005, 01:05 AM
States, heck. I'm happy to be in HOLLAND now. Where have all these blondes been? Certainly not Qatar. And it's RAINING. :D

People keep thanking me. I appreciate the sentiment, but I'm not sure I understand it. I was a mere security guard and wasn't in any real danger (except for the daily bus ride to and from work).

I must say, Arabic makes German sound romantic...Dutch is nice to listen to, though, even if I don't understand a word of it.

And Holland isn't all...third-worldy. There isn't a bored, underpaid Bangladeshi dude hanging out in the bathroom with a mop pushing around the same nasty water. For that matter, the bathrooms are clean, all the stalls have toilets, and there's not an inch of water on the floor. (And it's not like 100* in them.)

I haven't had anyone cut in front of me in line. Ooh, ooh, and PORK!

And you're right, there were people sleeping on the floor all over the airport in Dubai... :confused:

LoneStranger
July 4, 2005, 03:17 AM
So, your assignment is to review what suggestions people made to you before you left on this assignment and report back on which ones really worked or made sense, as you look back on your experience.

The reason is that I am sure others might be following in your footsteps in the future and it might make it easier for this group to give more accurate information.

Congratulations and best wishes on your return.

Joey101
July 4, 2005, 04:18 AM
Welcome home!!!

:D

stellarpod
July 4, 2005, 08:48 AM
Welcome back Nightcrawler.

I'm headed to the region in September-October for a three-week business trip, from Kuwait to Oman and everything in between. (can't wait... :rolleyes: )

stellarpod

Peter M. Eick
July 4, 2005, 09:07 AM
Nightcrawler,

Your comments on the towlets and the Bangladeshi made me laugh. If you hadn't been there, you just would not understand. Yeah rain, what a concept. I talked to labor there that had never once seen it rain. Isn't nice to stand in a crowd and not feel like you have to gag! Sometimes the body stench would really get the better of me and it was hard to keep composure.

You talk about pork, now how are you going to get beef bacon like you get over there back here?

Remember your sunglasses. That stuff you see when you look around is called "foliage" it is the color "green". Remember it.

Oh yeah, we measure things again in stuff called "feet", "miles" and "gallons" and finally when the temp says "40" put a jacket on, that means "cold" not a nice spring day like in Doha.

Welcome home. Enjoy the UP and the weather. It changes up there as i remember.

If you enjoyed reading about "Signing Off..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!