Just a little financial/credit/ins reminder...

PDA

JHill
March 20, 2003, 12:46 PM
Background history:

03Dec02 we had a new addition to the family...nice little tax break. I am also self-employed and shell out a pretty penny for health ins. When we had this child I knew that it would cost a little on our end.

WELL, it's now March and we have supposedly received all OUR bills from the various providers of services--hospital, ob gyn, and anethesiologist sp?.

Boy did I figure wrong--$1k ded. for the ob gyn, $1k ded. each for my wife and the baby, and misc. overage fees for other services. I called today to get set up on a payment plan which is very liberal and found out two more things:

There was an additional amount owed for the new baby--over $800 AND

There is an outstanding balance of nearly $600 from our first child from 2yrs ago!! :fire:

Me--"I have never received ANY notice of any balance from them and our insurance company was supposed to have payed all that in full"

Them--"We sent notices to an address and got returned mail, we called and the phone was busy, and we sent to a USPS updated address of so and so"

Me--"Why would the USPS update you for that address--we never lived there. So, I guess I can assume that we have delinquent balances on our credit history from 2YRS ago?!"

Them--"I don't know about that."

:cuss:

You would think that if a company had a balance owed to them and were getting returned mail that they would be smart enough to notify the family of this when they came in for a second birth 2yrs later OR that they would use this wonderful internet and look up the family online. HELLO!!!

So, moral of the story CYA--Cover your Arse!!
Check your credit history often like you hear on commercials and have emergency funds available when insurance companies drop the ball and you have to pay the expenses up front to protect your credit.

This effects me in two ways: I WAS considering getting into a house in the fall and I can kiss an ar15 build bye bye.

Scoff!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Just a little financial/credit/ins reminder..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
pax
March 20, 2003, 01:17 PM
Closed as OT

pax

If you enjoyed reading about "Just a little financial/credit/ins reminder..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!