Jim Carmichel

PDA

slzy
July 4, 2005, 01:08 AM
not long ago a thread asked who was their favorite gun writer . i could'nt find it,but i would be remiss if i did not put Jims name in nomination.

If you enjoyed reading about "Jim Carmichel" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JohnKSa
July 4, 2005, 01:12 AM
He's pretty sharp and has a way of condensing things so that the information provided is very practical. As opposed to some who are clearly more interested in how important/intelligent their writing makes them sound.

bogie
July 4, 2005, 12:00 PM
He's also actually a shooter - I know him. Nice guy.

I suspect that more than a few "gun writers" are writers first, and gun people second.

nico
July 4, 2005, 12:10 PM
I suspect that more than a few "gun writers" are writers first, and gun people second.
I think it's like that with a lot of things. There are more than a few "automotive journalists" who have tried club racing and weren't competitive, yet the performance numbers they can get out of a car get published.

jdkelly
July 4, 2005, 01:21 PM
I suspect that more than a few "gun writers" are writers first, and gun people second.---bogie

From what I've seen some "Gun Writers" are:

Add Writers-1st
Gun Industry Writers-2nd
Gun Writers-3rd

It has to be tough to be a real "Gun Writer" in this day and age. Most everything that is worth writing about has already been done in the last 60-80 years (I think).

Respectfully,

jkelly

itgoesboom
July 4, 2005, 11:31 PM
Edited since Gunkid's post is no longer here....

I.G.B.

19112XS
July 5, 2005, 10:18 PM
He's also actually a shooter - I know him. Nice guy.

I agree.

If you enjoyed reading about "Jim Carmichel" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!