Moving to Tulsa.

PDA

PinnedAndRecessed
July 4, 2005, 03:45 PM
Looks like I'm probably moving to Tulsa. Will have to rent a house, initially.
A few questions, if you'll permit.

A) Good gun shops?

B) Outdoor ranges?

C) What are the undesirable areas of Tulsa in which to live?

D) Will I have to register my firearms? (Note: I don't have any class 3 items.)

E) Do you have Mexican restaurants/taquarias besides Taco Bell?

If you enjoyed reading about "Moving to Tulsa." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Marshall
July 4, 2005, 03:58 PM
A) Good gun shops?

Yes, quite a few.

B) Outdoor ranges?

Yes, a couple.

C) What are the undesirable areas of Tulsa in which to live?

North and some East. As a rule stay south and southeast. Suburbs to live in......Broken Arrow, Jenks, Owasso. All very nice towns and BA and Jenks actually join Tulsa, you would never know the difference, if you didn't know.

I don't no the answer to this but I don't think so.

My word yes, too many actually.

bratch
July 4, 2005, 05:01 PM
OKshooters.com

All kinds of info there.

Hypnogator
July 4, 2005, 08:23 PM
And don't forget the Wannamacher's Gun Show. Plan on getting there when they open, and not leaving until you're kicked out the last day. You still won't see everything! :what: :D :D :D

1911user
July 4, 2005, 09:22 PM
No registration and there are no state regs preventing you from buying class 3 items.

Bart Noir
July 5, 2005, 01:17 PM
It's rather pretty in that area, for a place without seashores or mountains. And the people in Oklahoma have fine tuned politeness to a noticable degree (won't mention what other places I compare to). But you must go the Davis museum in Claremore, just east of Tulsa on Route 66. I think I spell the town correctly. Do a Google on Davis and museum to get the website. Then allow many hours to check it out. You know you found the place when you turn at the main battle tank.

Bart Noir

zpo
July 5, 2005, 08:36 PM
J. M. Davis- Just to help. Should be easy to pick out, it has a tank out front.

wmenorr67
July 6, 2005, 01:15 PM
Ditto on what everyone else has said. What is bringing you to Tulsa and when do you expect to make the move?

mons meg
July 6, 2005, 06:08 PM
I have to know....are you "too young to marry?"

:D

berettashotgun
July 6, 2005, 06:14 PM
My sister lives in Tulsa, I live in Bethany. Great area, Jenks Museum is cool, lots of public hunting available- MAKE sure to get a lifetime hunting/fishing license. DITTO on the gunshow- it is the tops outside of the shot show, but is actually more better cuz it's closer :p

GunGoBoom
July 6, 2005, 06:18 PM
Though I'm in OKC, I've been there quite a few times:

NO.

Yes, absolutely. Lots o' good ones, both authentic and tex-mex.

I believe that south and far south Tulsa is considered generally good, and north Tulsa considered generally less-good.

My buddy just went up there with his wife on the 4th to visit the super-aquarium attraction thing, and he said it's awesome - am planning to visit that soon. Tulsa is more or less the gem of this state - it's more clean and family-oriented than the other large city (OKC). It's more Dallas-like in it's modern-ness of structures, etc., whereas in contract, OKC is pretty much the armpit of the state, seems to me, by comparison. But my view could be skewed as a result of only visiting the nice areas of Tulsa, perhaps.

Bacon
July 6, 2005, 06:23 PM
Congratulations there P&R. Looks like you beat me outa here.
My Dad's from Texas & he said I can't talk to anybody from Oklahoma. :)
Seriously - Good Luck & let us know what it's like in America.

TaxPhd
July 7, 2005, 11:06 AM
mons meg,

I love that song! Great Texas Swing.

"Who's that gal with the red dress on . . . "

Scott

Brad Johnson
July 7, 2005, 03:12 PM
Wanenmacher's! Wanenmacher's! Wanenmacher's! Wanenmacher's! Wanenmacher's! Wanenmacher's! Wanenmacher's! Wanenmacher's! Wanenmacher's! Wanenmacher's! Wanenmacher's! Wanenmacher's! Wanenmacher's! Wanenmacher's! Wanenmacher's! Wanenmacher's!

How does a THREE THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDRED TABLE gun show sound!!

Enjoy - http://www.tulsaarmsshow.com/

Brad

mons meg
July 7, 2005, 04:43 PM
Now don't forget, if you live in Tulsa it's not too far a drive to come to Guthrie for the bluegrass festival...I saw the actual Texas Playboys perform that tune not too long ago. But this year, I will be packing when I go. Not that it's not safe, just cause I can... :)

Marshall
July 7, 2005, 04:57 PM
Willie Nelson and Bob Dillion performed last night in Tulsa. There's a pair.

If you enjoyed reading about "Moving to Tulsa." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!