How long till GunKid gets booted again?

PDA

itgoesboom
July 4, 2005, 11:19 PM
HEEEEEE'S BAAAAACK!!

So post your quesses, how long until Gunkid is booted this time?

He registered today, and already 9 posts, so post your guess, at what post will he be kicked?

I am guessing #75 before the mods catch on to him.

I.G.B.

If you enjoyed reading about "How long till GunKid gets booted again?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Vernal45
July 4, 2005, 11:22 PM
Who is gunkid???

<sits back with a bag of popcorn, watching things develop>

itgoesboom
July 4, 2005, 11:25 PM
Gunkid is a former firearms writer who has spent some time in jail for making illegal suppressors. So he is a felon.

He shows up on firearm forums every few months, infests them for a day or two, posts extremely rapidly, knows everything, always recommends .22lr with subsonic ammo, and ar-15s, calls anyone who disagrees with him a "bser", and usually is kicked after a day or two after annoying everyone.

I have gotten quite good at spotting him when he starts his infestations.

I.G.B.

R.H. Lee
July 4, 2005, 11:34 PM
He's riotously funny though. I hope he talks about the tactical shopping cart before he leaves again.

Justin
July 4, 2005, 11:36 PM
All taken care of. :)

On a related note, I would just like to let it be known to all and sundry that gunkid is indeed the biggest loser on the entire internet.

The thought of heeding advice from a man who is a convicted felon and hasn't shot a firearm in years is downright laughable.

itgoesboom
July 4, 2005, 11:37 PM
Riley,

I thought it was the "assault wheelbarrow" with the suppressed ar15 with .22 conversion :D

Actually, he hasn't posted anything too far off the wall yet that I have read today, maybe he is being reformed?!? :confused:

Any guesses how long until he posts in this thread, yelling at me?

I.G.B.

itgoesboom
July 4, 2005, 11:38 PM
Justin,

Dang man, you guys were quick this time. I let Gary know, but usually it takes longer before he disapears.

Great job.

:D

I.G.B.

Justin
July 4, 2005, 11:39 PM
Nah, it just usually takes him about 30 posts or so to hit his stride.

joab
July 4, 2005, 11:40 PM
He's also known as Andy, among many other names here
http://www.armslocker.com/forums/index.php

Cesiumsponge
July 4, 2005, 11:58 PM
Any links to the tactical shopping cart? I need to add more material to my "funny firearms humor folder". The Mall Ninja rules unchallenged right now.

itgoesboom
July 5, 2005, 12:05 AM
Justin,

So what was his final post count? Whatever it is, it's gotta be an all time record low.

Seriously, you guys responded quickly.

I.G.B.

Justin
July 5, 2005, 12:23 AM
In this case, 13. We try not to let his stuff clutter up the hard drives.

itgoesboom
July 5, 2005, 12:26 AM
I am guessing #75 before the mods catch on to him.

In this case, 13. We try not to let his stuff clutter up the hard drives.

Wow, I was way off, sorry for underestimating you guys!! :o

I.G.B.

Crosshair
July 5, 2005, 12:50 AM
Do you really NEED a supressor with subsonic .22lr ammo? Just use a longer barrel and it is quiet as can be. I shoot SS in my Marlin 880 and it barely makes a peep.

Vernal45
July 5, 2005, 01:09 AM
I hope he talks about the tactical shopping cart before he leaves again.

tactical shopping cart

You muist be joking? Man, I need to see some pictures of that, would come in handy at wally world on Wed when coupon day hits. :D

natedog
July 5, 2005, 02:42 AM
Don't feed the trolls.

Silent-Snail
July 5, 2005, 02:50 AM
But Natedog trolls are soooooo cute. Can't I give them Scoobie Snacks? Please? Pretty please with a 40mm grenade on top :D .

Chawbaccer
July 5, 2005, 05:49 AM
I think he's been making the rounds, he was over on Kim's site under Rebb and Clom, probably other names too, extolling the virtues of hunting with an 11inch barreled 223 AR with a flash hider long enough to make it legal.

bogie
July 5, 2005, 07:50 AM
Now, is this the same fellow who wanted to shoot distance for money? And offered to take on Rich?

RTFM
July 5, 2005, 09:38 AM
Justin....gunkid is indeed the biggest loser on the entire internet.

Made me laugh man. Trying to wrap my brain around what "The biggest loser on the entire internet." would look like.

Good for a Tuesday morning laugh!

Skunkabilly
July 5, 2005, 10:26 AM
I would just like to let it be known to all and sundry that gunkid is indeed the biggest loser on the entire internet.

Hey...I thought that was me.... :(

hillbilly
July 5, 2005, 10:34 AM
Hey, I want to learn more about gunkid. Yeah, yeah,....I like to learn about serial killers, too.

Does anyone know his real name?

Can anyone post any legal documents connected to is felony conviction?

hillbilly

jobu07
July 5, 2005, 10:35 AM
So what name was he posting under this time? It's been about a month since his last appearance.

buzz_knox
July 5, 2005, 10:35 AM
Now, is this the same fellow who wanted to shoot distance for money? And offered to take on Rich?

Nope. That was someone else. Or, according to him, his little brother who was posting on his account.

Anyone got a link to the threads where GunKid offered his wisdom? :D

kal
July 5, 2005, 10:45 AM
I hear his real name is John Melvin Davis, a 52 year old man who was setenced to 13 years in a federal prison for illegaly manufacturing silencers.

Yeah, I've read many, MANY of his posts. All the same crap. He posts the wrong things in the wrong threads. Always talks about AR's and .22's. I dont really think he's a real survivalist at all.

I still love reading his old posts. They're just so funny! Sometimes pointless. He always "speaks" as if he's a in a warzone or something.

JohnBT
July 5, 2005, 11:12 AM
I thought it was for dealing coke, but it's been a few years since he regularly visited some of the old now-defunct boards. I can't even remember all the names he posted under - and he'd reregister as fast as they banned him.

In some perverse sort of way I enjoyed a lot of his posts on the beginning of IPSC and the old days.

Here's a thread about him that google turned up. It appears at some point he posted enough copies of IDs to convince folks he was who he said he was.

www.armslocker.com/forums/printthread.php?t=29902&pp=40

John

spacemanspiff
July 5, 2005, 12:04 PM
actually skunk, you are the most LOVABLE loser on the internet.
:neener:

Vic303
July 5, 2005, 01:20 PM
What gets me about that armslocker thread, is that just because 'someone' posted copies of ID/DD214/SSN info, doesn't mean that they ARE that person. Only that they have had access to those docs at some point. Identity theft comes to mind...

MikeIsaj
July 5, 2005, 02:19 PM
I'm relatively new here. Never ran across this guy. Could us newbies get a sampling of his posts, maybe a "Best (worst?) of Gunkid?" Then again, wouldn't want to give him the attention I guess.

NMshooter
July 5, 2005, 02:36 PM
I thought that was an assault wheelbarrow, not a shopping cart. :neener:

Not that it really matters... :D

Black Majik
July 5, 2005, 02:50 PM
Theres a bigger loser on the whole net than Gecko45?

Whoa... he must be pretty bad :D

R.H. Lee
July 5, 2005, 03:18 PM
I thought that was an assault wheelbarrow, not a shopping cart. You know, I think you're right. I don't know how I morphed it into a shopping cart............

It ain't easy being me. :p

Eightball
July 5, 2005, 03:26 PM
assault wheelbarrow

I wondered what that dude's problem was once he started posting about that thing. Now I know that I wasn't alone...only uninformed as to who the guy was at that time. I'd agree with Black Majik--is he really a bigger loser than the original "Mall Ninja"? :confused: If he is, I'm going to sit back and watch the fun from now on :D

Justin
July 5, 2005, 03:42 PM
Bigger loser than the original mall ninja?

Yes. Because that was meant as a *shhhh* joke. :)

itgoesboom
July 5, 2005, 03:51 PM
Mike,

Fortunatly, after Gunkid gets banned everytime, they delete his posts so that we aren't subjected to his ranting and raving.

Don't worry, he will be back soon, and if you pay attention, you will see his posts.

I.G.B.

JohnBT
July 5, 2005, 03:52 PM
"doesn't mean that they ARE that person"

I can't imagine anybody claiming to be gunkid - that would be one sad puppy, wouldn't it. Anyway, I remember him from umpteen gun boards 4 or 5 years ago. His way of expressing himself is unique. Fights break out at the mention of his name. Still, he livens a joint up, don't he?

I'll see if I can find some old posts, but...aw, nuts. No I won't either. :)

Google up gunkid, tobe or hardin. Those are the ones that come to mind. Add a word or two to the search for gunkid, something like gun.

John

mtnbkr
July 5, 2005, 03:55 PM
Yes. Because that was meant as a *shhhh* joke.
It's amazing the number of people who don't get that.

It's also amazing the number of people who follow GK around trying to "expose" him. As if it's not equally pathetic to be a self appointed "troll hunter".

Chris

JohnBT
July 5, 2005, 04:07 PM
You don't have to hunt him, you can't keep him away. Remember the old shooters.com board? He must have had 20 or 30 or more names on there before it folded. He's famous, he's a legend, he's a story in the making...who cares if it's true...he's the man of a thousand names...he's gunkid.

He's so famous I'm surprised his head hasn't swole up and exploded. :barf:

John

GhostRider66
July 5, 2005, 04:49 PM
Okay so I googled him and ran across this little bit of comedy that someone has written about him....

http://assaultweb.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=001132

:D

Standing Wolf
July 5, 2005, 06:07 PM
...I would just like to let it be known to all and sundry that gunkid is indeed the biggest loser on the entire internet.

I'm sure there are people at D.U. who'd feel slighted by that remark, Justin.

JohnBT
July 6, 2005, 08:33 AM
This was one of his better ideas...

www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91103&highlight=gunkid

"2200 fps,, 60 gr ZINC swc in 357 Sig, penetrates MORE flesh, car metal, or wood than a 9mm ball rd can, so if the prefrag's penetration depth is a worry for you, then load every other rd with the swc. Then at least HALF of your rds will be good stoppers. You can also use the lathe to make the swc into a shallow 'cup point" to reduce the likelihood of the swc's glancing off of the sloping forehead and thick bone of a large animal. Lug around a 40 oz, 9" 357 revolver as you backpack and you soon wont think so highly of it. I prefer to have the gun either in the leg pocket, with a thin plastic holster to preclude chafing, or in a fanny pack at the navel, top open to access the gun swiftly. A pack harness precludes the CONCEALED wear (and swift access to) nearly all types of holsters. You can easily go jogging with a 20 oz (loaded) 357 sig pocket auto, tho."

spartacus2002
July 6, 2005, 08:43 AM
Skunk, anyone who can play such a rousing rendition of Have Nagila on a banjo is a hero, not a loser!

If you enjoyed reading about "How long till GunKid gets booted again?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!