Closes 1000 yard range to Austin, Texas

PDA

TheDutchman
July 5, 2005, 12:39 PM
Looking to shoot long distance while on vacation this week, but can not find any long ranges.

If you enjoyed reading about "Closes 1000 yard range to Austin, Texas" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CentralTexas
July 5, 2005, 02:43 PM
you can see at least that far. Otherwise I don't think we have a local range of that distance. Any San Antonio folks have one?
CT

Spreadfire Arms
July 5, 2005, 03:21 PM
how far is Crazy Richard's.......500 yards?

i think that place Tony's up near Florence may have a long range, call David Cheung at the Gun Store if you can't find Tony's contact info. David goes there all the time......

HankB
July 5, 2005, 03:36 PM
Crazy Richard's longest was about 340 yards, according to a guy with a laser rangefinder. CR only said it was 500 yards.

Waffen
July 5, 2005, 03:50 PM
Tony's is definatly not 1000 yards.

If you want to drive the 3 hours to stephenville you can go here:

http://www.tacproshootingcenter.com/location.html

EDIT: This one is out in Waco
http://www.wacoforsale.com/ltd/

Art Eatman
July 5, 2005, 05:37 PM
Richard Sievers' Hill Country Rifle Range--if it's still there, out on 3238--once had a 1,000-yard range. It got used a good bit for cannon shoots...

Art

Waffen
July 5, 2005, 05:50 PM
Hill country rifle range is now only 225 yards max. Apparently a land dispute got the best of him.

Spreadfire Arms
July 5, 2005, 08:33 PM
that's because according to Crazy Richard the end of the world is September 28 so he isn't going to fight the land dispute with his neighbor.

now if i can only convince him to give me some guns...... :confused:

Waffen
July 5, 2005, 08:36 PM
September 28 was said a few months ago. I am sure it has changed by now. It's probably going to happen sooner ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Closes 1000 yard range to Austin, Texas" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!