Michigan Shoot

PDA

Darkside852003
July 5, 2005, 10:26 PM
Everybody lets agree on a time and place.
Family Shooters Corral or the pit........ have a better idea?
Time, well I'm free anytime.

If you enjoyed reading about "Michigan Shoot" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Shear_stress
July 6, 2005, 07:17 AM
Maybe we could make it this weekend or some time next week? That would give me a chance to pick up a load of 223. I've got a line on some decent brass-cased stuff.

I checked their website, and the Family Shooter's Corral is not too far, though they do charge an hourly rate. The Pit might be good for some unstructured fun, but the drive is a bit further. Still, not having shot anywhere but the local DNR range, I think I'll leave the choice to the folks who can make an informed decision.

I'll be happy to bring a trunkload of goodies to wherever you guys decide.

Darkside852003
July 6, 2005, 10:07 AM
Saturday is good for me.

Rupestris
July 6, 2005, 02:54 PM
Saturdays are good for me too. I might be camping on the 16th but any other weekend is fine.

Shear_stress
July 7, 2005, 10:31 AM
Saturday would be great for me as well. Maybe we could congregate mid-day or early afternoon?

Darkside852003
July 7, 2005, 10:49 AM
How about 1pm? We have to figure out where to shoot.

Shear_stress
July 7, 2005, 06:02 PM
Though I usually have an opinionon everything, I think I'll leave the range selection to the long time residents of Michigan. That would work fine, but Family Shooters Corral would be a little closer.

We've got to generate more interest in this thing--we're getting our butts kicked by the California rallying point!

Darkside852003
July 7, 2005, 06:05 PM
I'm cool with family shooters corral.

We've got to generate more interest in this thing--we're getting our butts kicked by the California rallying point!

Thats the problem with the Michigan crew. Whenever someone tries to get a shoot together people will say there in and not show up. I will post this over on GlockTalks Michigan board.

Maybe we should push the shoot back a week or two and see if more people will come?

Barbara
July 7, 2005, 08:32 PM
MGO has their annual picnic in Brighton that weekend.

Darkside852003
July 7, 2005, 09:45 PM
MGO has their annual picnic in Brighton that weekend.

Alright I'm going to let everyone tell me whats a good date and time. I know for sure I am itching for range time. I will be near GrandRapids Sunday if you all know a place on that side of town I'm game.

centennial
July 7, 2005, 10:52 PM
Jeff, there is a match scheduled for that location on Saturday. You might want to call ahead to see if the range will be available.
Here is the link:
http://www.actshooters.com/

Darkside852003
July 8, 2005, 10:07 AM
Thanks Kurt for the heads up. There will be open shooting after the match around noon-1pm.

Shear_stress
July 8, 2005, 02:02 PM
So are we on for tomorrow at the Family Shooters Corral?

Darkside852003
July 8, 2005, 10:48 PM
If you guys want to shoot with just 3 of us thats cool by me. I'll be there a bit later than planned though. I have to stop by BWSA and put in my app. and watch the 3 gun shoot.

I won't be able to be there till 3pm or so. O do we want to delay it a week or 2? Either way I can be there tomarrow, only a little later than planned.

Once I become a member of BWSA it is time to cut back on the pit, its to far and to much of a safety concern.

Darkside852003
July 8, 2005, 11:03 PM
Disregard my last post my fiancée is ticked because I have to go out that way sunday again so gas is an issue. But if you guys are up for Sunday I am game, sorry guys unexpected changes is my schedule.

Shear_stress
July 9, 2005, 12:08 AM
No problem. I can understand how the needs of a fiance might be a slightly higher priority than those of a bunch of folks from a message board who you never met. ;)

My schedule is pretty flexible, so I am game for pretty much any shooting within reasonable driving distance.

Darkside852003
July 9, 2005, 01:16 AM
No problem. I can understand how the needs of a fiance might be a slightly higher priority than those of a bunch of folks from a message board who you never met.

I am 99.9% reliable even to a person I never met. But getting nagged can rattle my head. Like I said if your up for Sunday I can be there early like 10am. I have to be in Alagon around noon-1pm that day. They open at 8am until dark, I can come later after the event if it works better.

prescobd
July 9, 2005, 09:30 AM
Out of curisoty(?) where is Shooters Corral and "the Pit"? I live in W. Michigan area. Thanks

Shear_stress
July 9, 2005, 10:29 AM
Later in the afternoon (start at 1-2PM or so) would be best for me.

Darkside852003
July 9, 2005, 12:58 PM
Out of curisoty(?) where is Shooters Corral and "the Pit"? I live in W. Michigan area. Thanks
The pit is in Lapeer. Go to www.familyshooterscorral.com for information on the range.

Later in the afternoon (start at 1-2PM or so) would be best for me

I will be there at 2 pm.

Shear_stress
July 9, 2005, 01:44 PM
Great! I'll meet you at the Family Shooter's Corral at 2PM. With me will be a large supply of goodies.

Edited to add: Maybe if a group of us shows up, we can get the "family shoot" discounted rate (?)

Darkside852003
July 9, 2005, 04:20 PM
Sounds good it will be my fiancée and I.

Shear_stress
July 9, 2005, 07:10 PM
This just in: the shoot is set for the Family Shooters Corral, tomorrow at 3PM.

The cool part is that if we get at least five people to show up, the "family" rate of $20/hour applies. That would be a maximum of four bucks per person, per hour. Not DNR cheap, but you'll be able to put more than six rounds in your gun!

Shear_stress
July 10, 2005, 01:12 PM
Bumpto top.

Be there or be, uh, somewhere else.

Rupestris
August 3, 2005, 09:33 AM
Ready for another?
How about the pit or Island Lake this time?

Jackson was a bit far for me on short notice. Sorry I couldn't make it to the last one.

I'm in need of some recoil therapy and group therapy is always more fun. :p

Shear_stress
August 3, 2005, 09:40 AM
Ready for another?
How about the pit or Island Lake this time?

Cool! Works for me-especially Island Lake. Nice range.

When do you have in mind?

Darkside852003
August 3, 2005, 01:40 PM
I'm in if my car gets out the transmission shop.

If you enjoyed reading about "Michigan Shoot" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!