Mag extension

PDA

tango3065
July 6, 2005, 10:15 PM
Who makes a reliable extension for a 870, also it has a 20'' barrel would a 2 shot extension be perfect and not go past the barrel?

If you enjoyed reading about "Mag extension" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mattw
July 6, 2005, 11:38 PM
yeah, I have a 3 shot extension and it does not go past the 20" barrel.

look in the brownell's catalouge or on www.midwayusa.com

just look for a cheap one, as long as it is made of metal you can't go wrong.. it's just a tube with some threads, pretty hard to mess that up :rolleyes:

make sure you get a clamp though, and do not cheap out on that, buy a 40 dollar metal one that is heavy, it is very easy to knock off the magazine tube extension and the clamp is awesome at keeping it on.

Fred Fuller
July 7, 2005, 12:19 AM
Two shot extensions even up with 18" barrels, your 20" can handle a 3 shot. Choate, TacStar etc are fine IMO, Wilson is about bulletproof.

If your gun is an Express, check for dimples in the mag tube... they will have to be removed before an extension will work. And definitely do use a clamp on the extension to protect the magazine tube from damage if you whack the extension on something solid.

lpl/nc

mattw
July 7, 2005, 12:23 AM
I had to have the dimples removed from my 870 express, it took about 20 minutes and $15 at the gun shop..

Black Majik
July 7, 2005, 01:42 AM
IMO the Reminton Factory extensions are the best. And, use that magazine clamp!

For a 20" barrel, use the 3 shot extension.

Gordon
July 7, 2005, 02:13 AM
Ditto Black magic! :)

tango3065
July 7, 2005, 03:03 PM
My 870 does not have the dimples, nor the lock thank goodness. I was purchased in 1992 and has been great only thing I have ever done to it was put on a new stock. Heres a pic though not a good one.

http://mastinson42633.tripod.com/guns/index.album?i=3

If you enjoyed reading about "Mag extension" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!