What was the most painfull looking movie GSW?

PDA

notbubba
March 20, 2003, 11:42 PM
We all watch shoot um ups.

There's been many good threads about best gun movies.
I'd like to know what you think was the most painfull looking Gun Shot Wound?

My vote goes to Point Break when the guy gets hit by the door and shoots himself in the foot.:what:

If you enjoyed reading about "What was the most painfull looking movie GSW?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Tamara
March 20, 2003, 11:44 PM
For some reason, Mister Orange in Reservoir Dogs has caused me to make "not getting shot" my Mission In Life. :uhoh:

Schuey2002
March 20, 2003, 11:47 PM
Jessie Ventura getting a plasma blast through the abdomen in Predator looks painful. OUCH!:uhoh:

BamBam
March 20, 2003, 11:49 PM
Robocop.
At the very beginning, Murphy (before he became Robocop) had his arm shot off, was shot in the head, etc. Peter Weller did a great acting job in that scene.

cool45auto
March 20, 2003, 11:49 PM
How about when Peter Weller gets his hand shot off in "Robocop"?:what:

Yohan
March 20, 2003, 11:50 PM
Wade in Saving Private Ryan- and also- when Mellish gets stabbed. Still gives me the hibby jibbies.

dude
March 20, 2003, 11:50 PM
The medic in Saving Private Ryan who got gut-shot in by the nazi machine gun...............when he breathes in and the bullet holes in his belly pool up as his diaphram contacts.

cool45auto
March 20, 2003, 11:51 PM
You type faster than me!!!:neener:

Mizzoutiger
March 21, 2003, 12:13 AM
I wholeheartedly agree with Tamara. Check out Resevoir Dogs and you will too. Mr. Orange was leaking the entire movie... turned my stomach a few times.

Mike Irwin
March 21, 2003, 12:22 AM
That mope Charlie Sheen catching one in the crotch at the end of Platoon...

Dorrin79
March 21, 2003, 12:24 AM
another vote for poor Mr Orange in ResDogs...

Tim Roth did a really good job of simulating being gut-shot...

Skullboy
March 21, 2003, 12:26 AM
Pvt. Pyle in Full Metal Jacket sticking the M-14 barrel in his mouth and blowing the top/back of his head off.

SKBY.

Cal4D4
March 21, 2003, 12:35 AM
How about the joker who took a couple stacks of "thin silver dimes" in the chest outa both barrels of a sxs 12 ga. in The Wild Bunch?

cratz2
March 21, 2003, 12:52 AM
For most painful, I think it'd have to go to Mr Orange. They pertnear based a 2 hour movie on his pain and how others dealt with it.

BamBam
March 21, 2003, 01:05 AM
Can I change my vote to the Zapruder film?

IRONFIST
March 21, 2003, 02:38 AM
I am sorry, but you are all mistaken. The GSW scene near the end in the movie "Fight club" has to be hands down, the nastiest, most painful scene I have watched in a movie. Ed Norton's character fires a pistol off IN HIS MOUTH, in slow motion! You can see his lips quiver as hot gasses and flame fill his mouth. He survives but there is powder burns, penetration and mucho blood. Very nasty and my toes curl when I see it.

Michael in Sandy, OR

Autolite
March 21, 2003, 04:18 AM
when the Trooper gets shot. Even Brad Pitt's character states his observation "Tell me dat-don't hurt" after doin' the nasty deed ...

Labinnac
March 21, 2003, 09:25 AM
You've got to think outside the box!

First, the scene in The Jackel where Bruce Willis is testing his new autocannon out. And he hits the tech guy in the arm with it and then just blows him away...

Do cartoons count? Whenever Elmer Fudd would emtpy both barrels into Daffy Duck's face it always looked painful. Like blowing his bill upside down and backwards...

:scrutiny:

mtnbkr
March 21, 2003, 09:47 AM
First, the scene in The Jackel where Bruce Willis is testing his new autocannon out. And he hits the tech guy in the arm with it and then just blows him away...

Yeah, but that was Jack Black, he doesn't count. They should blow him away in every movie he ruins.

Chris

MK11
March 21, 2003, 09:57 AM
Everbody who gets shot at the end of Taxi Driver, from Harvey Keitel getting a .38 stuck in his gut to the guy getting his hand taken off with the .44.

556A2
March 21, 2003, 10:22 AM
When John Travolta got shot in Pulp Fiction with the Uzi (I think, could have been a MAC) by Bruce Willis.

spacemanspiff
March 21, 2003, 10:38 AM
reservoir dogs will probably get top billing, but come on! a close second would have to be in pulp fiction, when mr wallace gives zed the business end of the 12 gauge.

Smoke
March 21, 2003, 10:42 AM
The Patriot.

There is a slow motion scene where a cannonball decapitates someone. ANother scene shows a round bouncing off the ground and taking a leg off.

OR:

The cat in "The Boondock Saints" IS IT DEAD?!

Ebbtide
March 21, 2003, 11:46 AM
Tamara beat me to it, and got it right!

I give a close second to the gut wounded fellow in Band of Brothers.

jimbo
March 21, 2003, 10:03 PM
The young Cowboy that Clint Eastwood's "Bill Munny" shoots with the Spencer rifle in "UNFORGIVEN". You don't even see the wound but you know what the young man is going through. You know it feels worse than the worse constipation-diahrea flu bug kidney-stone-passed hemeroid-induced pain you ever felt in your life. Of course, it would have taken him days to die and there would be that excruciating pain through all of it.

For best pain overall not a GSW it would have to be Mel Gibson's character in "BRAVEHEART" or "A Man Called Horse" when they lift him up by the nipples. OUCH! Or any movie where they connect a Lionel Train transformer to one's scrotum. Mmmmmmmmm!

TexasVet
March 22, 2003, 02:40 AM
I thought the hole in "the REAL Bad Bob" in Newman's Judge Roy Bean movie looked like it really hurt for a second or two.:D

Blain
March 22, 2003, 02:54 AM
Jessie Ventura getting a plasma blast through the abdomen in Predator looks painful. OUCH!

megatronrules
March 22, 2003, 10:46 AM
Mr. Orange did seem to have a bad day:(
Mr. Blonde took a lot of rounds too:p Its been a while but I think that Mr. Orange emptied his 5906 into Mr. Blonde. That had to hurt too:D I have to break out the DVD:D

In Point Break, Patrick Swayze?? pops that cop in the bank shootout with a BIG revolver. FA or Ruger?? That looked like it hurt just a little:evil: You can see the shirt puff out and all the blood pushing back out of the wound.

BerettaNut92
March 22, 2003, 02:08 PM
Everything in Blackhawk Down :(

thumbtack
March 22, 2003, 04:48 PM
Movie: Misery

When Kathy Bates shoots the Sheriff(Can't remember his name) in the back with both barrels at close range.

or Wild at Heart

When Wilhem Dafoe blows his head off this the shotgun.

Razor
March 22, 2003, 04:56 PM
The NVA soldier that takes the close range M60 burst in Hamburger Hill .

Mylhouse
March 22, 2003, 05:15 PM
Bud Dwyer offing himself on national live TV was pretty bad......
...oh wait, that was real!

The one that sticks in my mind was Steve Bushemi's character when he gets shot in the face in "Fargo"

Glock_PhD
March 22, 2003, 05:20 PM
I agree with in The PAtriot and that cannonball. That had to hurt.

PerfectGlock
March 22, 2003, 10:05 PM
Jin-Roh

I know, it's an anime, but most of the people who are killed are shot about 200 times with an MG42.

Saving Private Ryan - The intestines on the beach scene. Yuck. Also, the scene near the end with the 20mm hosing down the guys on the tank always disturbed me, along with all of the other deaths.

Full Metal Jacket- Pvt. Pyle and M14 - No brainer

Taxi Driver - Guy's hand gets blown off, and whines and moans the entire scene until brainpainting the wall with a little help from DeNiro's character.

Mizzoutiger
March 22, 2003, 11:07 PM
That thigh wound in Black Hawk Down! That had to be one of the most painful.

But some of you should re-think your selections. I find a lot of them to be rather painless... i.e. Pvt. Pyle blowing his brains out and dude taking a cannon ball to the head. How much pain do you think these guys really felt? I don't believe they were alive long enough to feel the pain. There are REALLLY nasty gun shot wounds and REALLLY painful gun shot wounds. I don't believe the two go hand in hand.

And Ed Norton putting one through his jaw... that certainly looked to be hellafied painful. I found it strange he was just walking around looking like he didn't mind. Perhaps he had the endorphins going or went into shock.

Stevie-Ray
March 23, 2003, 12:11 AM
In, I believe, Out for Justice, Steven Seagal shoots some guy's leg off with a shotgun.:barf:

TexasVet
March 23, 2003, 12:57 AM
In Steve McQueen's "Hell is for Heros" the corp. gets gut shot and, as he is dying, screams "Don't tell her it was like this" over and over.

Johnpl
March 23, 2003, 08:58 AM
Sonny Cordleone at the tollbooth...

45R
March 23, 2003, 10:06 AM
I would have to agree with Tamara. That was the first image that popped into my head. :uhoh:

PerfectGlock
March 23, 2003, 11:16 AM
They may not have been painful for the character, but they were painful to watch.

Spark
March 23, 2003, 01:38 PM
Most of the ones from "Three Kings" - talk about graphic.

Mizzoutiger
March 23, 2003, 10:11 PM
That is definitely true. Pvt. Pyle's GSW was especially "meaty" for the movie being made so long ago. Wonder what special effects they used. Ragu with gound beef?

megatronrules
March 24, 2003, 03:47 AM
Forgot to add one before the scene in heat when robert deniro double taps waynegro in the chest followed by the head shot.

Shalako
March 24, 2003, 02:35 PM
For the all time migraine.....

When Doc Holiday shot Johnny Ringo in the forehead during their little face off in Tombstone.

"I guess the strain was more than he could bare..."-Doc Holiday

MessedUpMike
March 24, 2003, 07:18 PM
It's Sci-Fi, but when Darryl Hannah (Rain?) gets shot in Bladerunner and flops around on the floor like a screaming fish before she died. My second vote is for the rapist who was (deservidly) shot in the wee-wee in Robo Cop.

Johnny Guest
March 25, 2003, 06:36 PM
- - -This doesn't class as a gun shot wound, but - - -

In Lonesome Dove, when Robert Duvall's Gus McRae character takes an arrow in the knee. The sweating, shuddering, grimmacing pain is almost TOO real. And then, he takes a few days to die from the infection. Pretty much the most extended portrayal of intense pain following a wound I can recall.

Best,
Johnny

PerfectGlock
March 25, 2003, 07:38 PM
Hmm... dunno. The blood was too red to be tomato sauce. The saddest part was when R. Lee Ermey was shot.:( I love that guy.

Any time somebody gets something blown off or out. Yuck, nasty, gross:barf:

12.7x99mm
March 26, 2003, 10:35 AM
Not a movie

The situation a friend told me about when he was clearing a bunker in Desert Storm I

If you enjoyed reading about "What was the most painfull looking movie GSW?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!