Terrible day at the range

PDA

rock jock
March 21, 2003, 12:42 AM
I'm preparing for a 3-gun match next week and went to the range with my AR today. Man oh man, what a miserable time I had. It took me forever to get by Holosight zeroed in, then my Thermold mags were giving me fits, and finally, I found my aftermarket trigger was too light and I was getting double and triple taps. Almost makes me wish I had stayed late at work. What is the proper therapy for this?

If you enjoyed reading about "Terrible day at the range" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
1badmagnum
March 21, 2003, 12:53 AM
tommorrow is another day,it happens to the best of us.
take your baby home and make a few adjustments.:banghead:

boing
March 21, 2003, 01:19 AM
The therapy is that you have a week to fix the problems and re-test. Better to have a bad day now than during the match.

cslinger
March 21, 2003, 09:23 AM
Yes I too recently had a "bad" range day, but staying late for work instead, let's not talk crazy now. Anyway I digress.

Proper therapy is a 12 gauge shotgun, close range and Shoot & See Targets.

Take deep breath.
Chamber a round, the more pellets the better.
Fire round at Shoot & See Target at close range.
Watch target go from black to yellow in an instant.
Do not suppress giggles and smile.
Repeat as necessary.

This is known as 12 gauge therapy. Enjoy.

Chris

rock jock
March 21, 2003, 01:01 PM
I feel better already.

jacks308
March 22, 2003, 10:02 PM
fix the trigger to lift a five pound weight , lose the holosight , get good mags or clean the ones ya got . Then get up close and personal with the peep sight an' sling lead and lots of it . start by being accurate , speed will catch up to you :)

Jack

If you enjoyed reading about "Terrible day at the range" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!