Florida Democrat's and guns

PDA

dfariswheel
July 12, 2005, 02:18 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/dfariswheel/wells.gif

If you enjoyed reading about "Florida Democrat's and guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ZeroX
July 12, 2005, 02:20 PM
Ha!

Alex45ACP
July 12, 2005, 02:31 PM
Hahahaha :D

migoi
July 12, 2005, 02:48 PM
a program the other night about Florida during and after Andrew. The short segment I happened upon brought home what I envision as my most likely home defense scenario: guarding my partially destroyed home from looters as social order breaks down post hurricane.

Several folks were shown with various firearms near partially destroyed homes. The head of some Florida emergency services agency was admitting that social order was breaking down and that the "authorities" didn't have the resources to stop it (until they called in the military). Being on an island way out in the middle of the ocean simply means there will be a bigger lapse in time from when the local authorities will admit to having lost control until outside help will arrive and reestablish order.

My thoughts are that we prepare for hurricanes (non-perishible food, water containers, generator, etc) and any decisions about being generous toward those that didn't prepare will be made by me...not the mob forming in front of my house.

migoi

Nick1911
July 12, 2005, 02:58 PM
I think these are the kind of SHTF situations that really need to be thought about.

Course, zombie threads are fun now and then ;)

Pilgrim
July 12, 2005, 03:00 PM
Several folks were shown with various firearms near partially destroyed homes. The head of some Florida emergency services agency was admitting that social order was breaking down and that the "authorities" didn't have the resources to stop it (until they called in the military). Being on an island way out in the middle of the ocean simply means there will be a bigger lapse in time from when the local authorities will admit to having lost control until outside help will arrive and reestablish order.

I believe that for a short period of time the National Guardsmen called to anti-looting duty in the Andrew aftermath were not issued ammunition. The crooks found this out and took to mugging Guardsmen for their M-16s. Ammunition was soon issued to the Guardsmen.

Pilgrim

ceetee
July 12, 2005, 10:10 PM
I never heard or read about any Guardsmen getting mugged for their rifles, but I did see lots of them standing around helplessly while whole shopping centers grew legs.

ACP230
July 13, 2005, 12:18 AM
The TV news then carried a pic of a house with this spray-painted on it:
"You Loot, We Shoot."
I saw it many times.
It must have ticked off the newsies to run it, but they really couldn't avoid it. :D

Standing Wolf
July 13, 2005, 01:01 AM
I think these are the kind of SHTF situations that really need to be thought about.

Amen! I can't think of any part of the nation where natural disasters—not to mention man-made disasters—can't occur.

peacefuljeffrey
July 13, 2005, 01:05 AM
Holy MOLY, that's funny!!!!

:p

-Jeffrey

Vernal45
July 13, 2005, 01:06 AM
I believe that for a short period of time the National Guardsmen called to anti-looting duty in the Andrew aftermath were not issued ammunition. The crooks found this out and took to mugging Guardsmen for their M-16s. Ammunition was soon issued to the Guardsmen.

That logic amazes me. Remember the days after 9/11, NG and reserves at airports, guns out, no ammo, not even a magazine. :banghead:

RevDisk
July 13, 2005, 02:19 AM
That logic amazes me. Remember the days after 9/11, NG and reserves at airports, guns out, no ammo, not even a magazine.

Erm. Not that I'm saying anything specific.

But the lack of evidence does not prove that evidence doesn't exist. Perhaps just not officially uh acknowledged nor seen.

cough. I'm just being philosophical here. Because soldiers would never violate orders.

obiwan1
July 13, 2005, 12:27 PM
Just after hurricane Andrew, Dade county, Florida police spokesmen told the public (on radio) that "you're on your own because we can't get to you". There were lots of undocumented cases of looters being shot. When you catch them, don't shoot the driver of their car. Everyone else is fair game. You want the driver to take them away from your property!

At that point everyone wanted a gun and were surprised that they had to wait 2 days to pick it up :what: Guess what... gun control waiting periods applied to the panicking law abiding citizens too. :banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "Florida Democrat's and guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!