Wow...So many newbies! Where'd you come from?

PDA

Drjones
March 21, 2003, 01:59 PM
WOW.

In one thread, I have seen probably 5 or so new members.

COOL!!!

Where are y'all coming from?

Why so many all at once?

Welcome aboard!

If you enjoyed reading about "Wow...So many newbies! Where'd you come from?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JonnyB
March 21, 2003, 02:30 PM
We came from TFL, of course. Some of us are lurkers, so the "New Member" label tends to stick on us for a while. I see my post count is in the single digits yet...

JB

keithernTN
March 21, 2003, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the welcome, been lurking for awhile and learning alot. THR is a great place for gun lovers, and those who crave info. Looking forward to future posts and maybe putting in my
2 cents.

Echo23TC
March 21, 2003, 02:56 PM
Same as JonnyB, I didn't post much at TFL either.

MitchSchaft
March 21, 2003, 04:23 PM
Where in TN do you live, keithern?

NavyDoc
March 21, 2003, 05:02 PM
I've been a lurker for a loooooooong time. I ascribe to the old adage: 'Tis better to keep your mouth shut and have them think you are a fool than open your mouth and confirm it!

c_yeager
March 21, 2003, 05:07 PM
heh i started lurking on TFL in 1999. I registered there in 2000 so that i could get the "show new posts" and search features. And with all that time ive probably made more posts here than i did the entire time there. Too many people who were WAY more qualified to give advice than me. I learned more about firearms from these two sites (and glocktalk, ak-47 to a lesser degree) than any amoung of gunshop camondoing. And heck i actually KNOW stuff instead of making it up. So, thanks THR.

c_yeager
March 21, 2003, 05:07 PM
that was my first double tap too! yay for me.

Scooter .45
March 21, 2003, 05:25 PM
A visit to a far away friend who's into 1911's got me hooked (he's got 4...at least). I've always been kinda sorta into guns. Have always wanted a 1911 and he confirmed I could get one for less than I thought, so I did, a NIB SA Milspec for $429 :-)

Murfreesboro, the geographic center of TN.

genie
March 21, 2003, 06:08 PM
Where are y'all coming from?

oh, here and there....

but i've learned alot here! many thanks to many posters.

Bobarino
March 21, 2003, 06:18 PM
i came through a link from the dark and mysterious HKPRO boards. more people here to discuss with while i'm bored at work.

Bobby

280PLUS
March 21, 2003, 06:18 PM
I've been around since right after tfl shut down, i had just got registered there. ive been doing a lot of yapping here so i've made it past new member but am still pretty new here. i learned about tfl and thr from ironbarr an old shipmate who gabs back and forth about guns with me . great site here, i too have learned a great deal from others here and hope i've made at least SOME worthwhile entries for all of you in return.

:D

QuarterBoreGunner
March 21, 2003, 09:30 PM
I blame Sven in my case.

If you enjoyed reading about "Wow...So many newbies! Where'd you come from?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!