Check out the Iraqi Interior Minister!

PDA

Matt G
March 21, 2003, 06:11 PM
Okay, we all agree the guy's on the Side Of Darkness. Sure. And, he was kind of ranting and all, you bet...

But didja check out the chrome-plated folding-stock AK he was waving around during his ad hock hallway news conference last night? While wearing a load-bearing vest full of magazines?

Dig it! :cool:

...what? :confused: :uhoh: ...what??!?

(note: he had terrible muzzle control, unless his intent was to threaten the press folks there, which may well be...)

If you enjoyed reading about "Check out the Iraqi Interior Minister!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Nightcrawler
March 21, 2003, 06:14 PM
Dig what? You forgot to attach the pic. :p

CZ-75
March 21, 2003, 06:14 PM
And I was hoping that this would be about him being Extra Crispy. :(

Schuey2002
March 21, 2003, 06:57 PM
I missed it. Have you got a pic??;)

HABU
March 21, 2003, 07:38 PM
Check out the Iraqi Interior Minister! :confused: where?

Airwolf
March 21, 2003, 08:31 PM
This one?

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030321/capt.1048247255.iraq_us_war_bag103.jpg

Kahr carrier
March 21, 2003, 08:37 PM
Nice Ak hope he sells it at the Fire Sale.:D

QuarterBoreGunner
March 21, 2003, 09:14 PM
Are you sure it was a news conference? Maybe he was auctioning it off for ‘sneaking out of town’ money?

Soap
March 21, 2003, 09:20 PM
No ostrich plume or ostrich leather boots? Amateur.

Schuey2002
March 21, 2003, 09:45 PM
He looks constipated..:p

Sven
March 21, 2003, 09:57 PM
I wish JUST ONE of Saddams cronies would break from rank and file and try something different with the facial hair.

TallPine
March 21, 2003, 10:04 PM
Cool! How come Cheney doesn't dress up like that? :)

Actually, Dick would look better in a cowboy outfit with a SAA and a 30-30; after all, he is from Wyoming.

seeker_two
March 21, 2003, 10:08 PM
That AK's gonna be some Marine's nice "take-home" trophy...:cool:

blades67
March 21, 2003, 10:13 PM
He was asking what the reporters would pay for that like-new Iraqi rifle, never fired and only dropped once!:D

bad_dad_brad
March 21, 2003, 10:55 PM
Postering for a non existent Saddam. Habit. Nice gun though.

BerettaNut92
March 22, 2003, 12:15 AM
Seems like hes a tad safer than our Feinstein, judging from that photo.

4thHorseman
March 22, 2003, 12:20 AM
To bad it will be damagaed in the explosion!:D

rock jock
March 22, 2003, 12:26 AM
That AK's gonna be some Marine's nice "take-home" trophy
From what I've heard, that practice, while used to be frowned upon, is pretty much criminal now and strictly enforced. Too bad, too. OTOH, some of the AK's shown on the news make a SAR look like a match-grade weapon.

rock jock
March 22, 2003, 12:27 AM
BTW, they need to put a big DOA stamp on that poster behind him.

TallPine
March 22, 2003, 12:37 AM
Notice how young SH looks in that poster? The picture must be 25 years ago.

Scary thing is that I once knew a young pastor who looked a lot like that.

TexasVet
March 22, 2003, 02:37 AM
We don't need an army, just send in the fashion police. That AK is just too, too tacky!

Cal4D4
March 22, 2003, 02:48 AM
quote:
"Scary thing is that I once knew a young pastor who looked a lot like that".

Scary thing is my barber of the last 10 years is a real close appearance match to Saddam. I am not looking forward to my next haircut and straight razor trim of sideburns!

Matt G
March 22, 2003, 03:03 AM
Tacky? Tacky?!? You gotta be kiddin' me! To quote the punks: "That rifle is hard, man!" Brushed chrome that wasn't flashy bright, just very functional at adding a hard, weather-resistant finish to a rifle. Decent wood, too. Remember, this rifle "goes with me everywhere!" You would want a tough protective finish on it.

Now, if you wanna question fashion, how 'bout the way his load bearing vest clashes with his uniform, complete with tacky shoulder patch. Also, the contrast of his dyed moustache to his gray hair is as about as subtle as the contrast of the silly black beret he wears over it.

But give a man credit where it's due: he keeps his carbine handy, with reloads! ;)

Don Gwinn
March 22, 2003, 01:13 PM
Sir, it don't matter what you do to it. That will never, ever be a Mini-14, and you will never be Hannibal from the A-Team.

BerettaNut92
March 22, 2003, 02:03 PM
The Sand Pimp? :D

Dogsoldier
March 22, 2003, 02:56 PM
He looks constipated

Naw, he looks like that because of the couch cushion he sucked up his rectum when that cruise missle just missed him in his office. He can't find a doctor to get it out yet. :D

Matt1911
March 22, 2003, 05:38 PM
Thanks dog,
now i gotta clean all the orange juice off the monitor i blew reading your post:cuss:

gburner
March 22, 2003, 07:13 PM
meat on a stick.

Hkmp5sd
March 22, 2003, 09:31 PM
That AK's gonna be some Marine's nice "take-home" trophy

rock jock is correct. War trophies are a thing of the past. They have to meet all import restrictions (ie "sporting"), '86 machinegun ban and '94 AW ban. :cuss:

ahadams
March 23, 2003, 12:25 AM
wait a minute! where did he get the chrome mag?? I have a bunch of mags but no chrome ones!! I wonder if it's preban??;)

Dogsoldier
March 23, 2003, 02:09 PM
Well, I'm sure that if anyone wants chromed ARs or AK mags, all you have to do is run down to Ali's Guns-R-Us and Carpet Boutique. They are right in downtown Baghdad at the interesection of Saddam and Hussien Streets, right across from Mohammed's Used Camel-Rama. The mags on on the shelf between the goat cheese and preserved lemons. Every lucky shopper gets a free picture of the Saddam dude, his ol' self with the purchase of a new or used AK47.

"I want an AK47, please".

"Very good sir will you want the one in Republican Guard parkerized green? We have a nice selection of regular Iraqi Army ones with only one or two minor scratches from being dropped once".

"I want a shiney one".

"Oh very, very good choice sir. Those are the El Supremo Hussien models. A big hit with the boys in the rape and torture rooms these days. You know what they say, 'a girl just can't say no to a man with a chrome plated AK47' ".

=======================================

Serious

(CNN just ran a still picture of the American soldiers the Iraqi's executed. I cannot tell the rage I am feeling right now. Those bastards still have five divisions around Baghdad that our people will need to get through to get to those animals with the chromed AKs. I hope we do it fast, hard and dirty. And, I hope that one of ours takes that chromed AK and splatters the owner's brains all over the Baghdad with it. :fire: )

If you enjoyed reading about "Check out the Iraqi Interior Minister!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!