Wide pictures=wide posts

PDA

yankytrash
March 21, 2003, 08:47 PM
Is there a way to make the VB make an inserted picture ( ) not make the post wider?

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one left in the world using surplus 14-15" monitors at comparably low resolution.:uhoh: :D

Anyway, for example, I went to this thread: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14190

I really wanted to read what he had to say, but I have to whiz back and forth with my mouse on the horizontal bar to read his post, only because the picture widened his post. Everyone's replies below are fine, fit right in my screen. Unfortunately, the whizzing back-and-forth of the screen makes my eyes hurt and I lose my spot too many times to continue reading the original post.

Whatcha think? Is there a way to fix this without disrupting all the people with real monitors? [i](Oh, and without simply telling me to go to you-know-where and stop pestering you with my low-tech woes...) :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Wide pictures=wide posts" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mal H
March 21, 2003, 08:59 PM
I'm certainly not an expert on that matter, but I think the answer is no, it's not possible to fix from our end. You might try a smaller font for those particular threads, it might make it all fit on your screen. If your mouse has a scroll wheel on it, hold down the Ctrl key and use the wheel to change the font size.

PS - Isn't "whizzing back-and-forth of the screen ..." bad for it? You could even get shocked if you're not careful.

[Sorry, I just couldn't pass up that one. :) ]

yankytrash
March 21, 2003, 10:08 PM
Ctrl+scroll - That is one cool trick! Never knew this ol' thing did stuff like that.

Still didn't work though. Font gets bigger/smaller, but the picture stays the same, thus still stretching the text across the screen.

Checked my resolution and it's maxed out too. Guess I'm stuck until I blow the dust off my wallet and get me a bigger monitor.

Mal H
March 21, 2003, 11:32 PM
I was hoping that a smaller font would move the wrap point further along the text line so you wouldn't have to scroll horizontally as much. You're correct that the picture won't change size, it's governed by different graphic rules. You are using a maximized window at least for those threads that run off the screen, aren't you?

yankytrash
March 22, 2003, 03:36 AM
Yep.

MitchSchaft
March 22, 2003, 05:31 PM
Get a bigger monitor and up your resolution :D. That picture didn't affect my scroll screen:neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "Wide pictures=wide posts" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!