Got to plink again

PDA

jsalcedo
March 21, 2003, 08:27 PM
Its been near 12 years since I was able to go plinking.
All of the local gun ranges prohibit shooting anything other than paper.

Even the steel plate shooting means I have to join a IDPA association and all the responsibility that involves.

Luckily my father just retired on a 4 acre piece of land that backs up to a sand pit operation.

We checked out backstop and found about a 1/4 mile of trees and brush then a 200 foot wall of sand.

First day we took a folding card table and some .22s and were shooting tin cans from 20 to 50 yards. Rapid fire with a 10/22
is a feeling like no other.

Today I brought the mossberg 590 persuader with #8 shot
3in 000 buck and 1 oz rifled slugs.

With the chokeless smoothbore mossberg we were able to hit
a small fruit can hanging from a tree at 65 yards with rifled slugs.

The 3 inch 000 during rapid fire about jarred our teeth out.

I had forgotten how much fun it is to be able to shoot in the back yard.

If you enjoyed reading about "Got to plink again" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kahr carrier
March 21, 2003, 08:53 PM
Sounds like a fun day of blasting.:)

scottgun
March 21, 2003, 09:05 PM
Congratulations to you on the new Mossberg and to your father on his retirement. Shooting on your own property is great, no need to worry about other shooters, rules against rapid fire at the range, and shooting at cans gives that gratifying 'plink' that paper just can't give. Enjoy.

10-Ring
March 21, 2003, 09:10 PM
I had stopped shooting for a few years & started up again 2 -1/2 years ago. What a feeling to get back doing something you truly enjoy! Congrats to you & your dad :D

Standing Wolf
March 21, 2003, 09:38 PM
I haven't gone plinking in years, but now that you mention it...

Schuey2002
March 21, 2003, 09:48 PM
Ah,Yes!! The joy of plinking.;)

blades67
March 21, 2003, 09:48 PM
It's all about the shooting.:cool:

The Kidd
March 22, 2003, 08:25 PM
My first post here. I LOVE plinking. We go to my in'laws and use the wood-pile backed up by about 1mi. of forest. Shoot everything from .22 Ruger Mk 1 to 7.62x39. I make it a point to let the kids know this is a right and our responsibility to stay safe while we do it.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Got to plink again" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!