Thank Us Californians!

PDA

CWL
March 21, 2003, 09:18 PM
Y'all,

'Thanks' are owed to us Californians!

An estimated 1000 handguns are sold each day here in CA! If it wasn't for us subsidizing your gun prices, you'd be paying more for every pistola you purchase!

Also, this shows how we feel about RTKBA! If it wasn't for all of your 'granola' immigrants, CA would be a better place to live!

;) :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Thank Us Californians!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sven
March 21, 2003, 10:35 PM
My credit card company is happy I buy guns... gotta take care of that.

Tamara
March 21, 2003, 11:59 PM
If it wasn't for us subsidizing your gun prices,

How can you be subsidizing our gun prices when half the guns we buy are models that aren't even sold in your state? :confused:

:neener:

;)

BerettaNut92
March 22, 2003, 12:12 AM
How can you be subsidizing our gun prices when half the guns we buy are models that aren't even sold in your state?

Ouch.

Tamara, you're only half right. The models you buy are the same as the ones we buy here, they just aren't approved because of the color of the finish or the ambidextrous vs righthanded safety!

QuarterBoreGunner
March 22, 2003, 12:23 AM
Skunk- you forgot barrel length...

jmbg29
March 22, 2003, 02:07 AM
Thank Us Californians! Heh! Yeah, that could happen. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :uhoh: :barf:

10-Ring
March 22, 2003, 02:10 AM
I still find it hard to believe that even w/ all the restrictions we have here in the Golden State, it is the number 1 gun market in the country. There must be ALOT of right handed, full sized, blue guns sold here! :rolleyes:

c_yeager
March 22, 2003, 02:14 AM
Also, this shows how we feel about RTKBA! If it wasn't for all of your 'granola' immigrants, CA would be a better place to live!

here in Washington state we say the exact opposite. And its true.

buford1
March 22, 2003, 03:10 AM
1000 handguns a day. We dont have that many gun stores.

WonderNine
March 22, 2003, 06:21 AM
I hate the laws in Californistan, but even if (Simon?) had won, do you all believe that anything would have changed dramatically for gun owners?

I hope so, but I really don't think so...

Bainx
March 22, 2003, 09:25 AM
...you better buy 'um while you can, honey.

Tamara
March 22, 2003, 09:55 AM
The models you buy are the same as the ones we buy here, they just aren't approved because of the color of the finish or the ambidextrous vs righthanded safety!

So, which barrel length or finish color makes a Bushie or SAR-1 legal in CA? ;) :p

El Tejon
March 22, 2003, 10:02 AM
California, despite its political problems, is a vast and powerful economy. Cheer up, comrades, we are coming!

First Iraq will be liberated, then Californistan!

Tady45
March 22, 2003, 10:06 AM
Well, we sure are not helping out AR type rifle sales :banghead:

Larry

BenW
March 22, 2003, 10:47 AM
here in Washington state we say the exact opposite. And its true.
You mean it's true there TOO. I have four rabid anti-gun, peace protesting Washington natives in my office. You can have them back anytime.:p

larryw
March 22, 2003, 11:09 AM
I attended a seminar at the 2001 SHOT Show. One stat that absolutely blew me away was that CA accounts for about 30% of all revenues for gun and fire-arm related manufacturers.

As painful as the next four years are going to be, the left is doing a wonderful job alienating the moderate Democrats (keep up the good work "peace protesters" :barf: ). There is a shift in power underway and I think the next elections will be a source of great pride and joy among many members here. It will take time, but we should be able to carry our weight in the growth of Bushmaster in the future.

Cal4D4
March 22, 2003, 11:18 AM
"First Iraq will be liberated, then Californistan!"

We await liberation El Tejon, just don't ask us to lay down our arms.:mad:

El Tejon
March 22, 2003, 11:21 AM
Cal4D4, no way! I'm sending a positive engery (a little Kali lingo) flow to my brothers in Californistan right now.

Question: Why do they pour oil on their gardens in Kern County?
Answer: To keep their guns from rusting.:D

gudel
March 22, 2003, 12:03 PM
it's ironic how CA has the toughest gun control law in the nation while it's got pretty high gun purchases.
now those are recorded transaction by dealers, not including private transfers or 'other' transfers.
i found that it wasn't that difficult to get a gun in here legally (and probably illegally)

oldfart
March 22, 2003, 12:27 PM
About 14 years ago I had the misfortune to spend a week in the LA area. I stayed in a motel and ate every morning in the same Denny's. Evenings were spent playing pool in a small bar. On my sixth evening of wild night-life, after pocketing a few dollars won from a local Latin 'businessman,' I was offered an Uzi in exchange for the money. I had never handled an Uzi before, but the owner showed me how to run it. I gave it a lot of thought, but decided to pass since I didn't really know the guy and, once he had the money, he could have turned me in for just having a MG.
The thing that impressed me most was the ease with which the guy brought it in. He laid it on the bar and the bartender didn't even flinch. Perhaps the video cameras trained on the parking lot contributed to their feeling of ease. No one, not even the police could approach without warning.
Yes, LA is an intersting place, but I don't think I want to live there.

jrhines
March 22, 2003, 12:37 PM
"...CA has the toughest gun control law in the nation..."

I think that honor goes to Hawaii, with Maryland & New Jersey fighting for second place. None of these has a hint of CCW, and Hawaii requires a permit from the police to buy a gun. In Md, if it was made after 1 Jan '03 and does not have a built-in trigger lock, you can't buy it. Read Ruger MkII, any CZ, ...

kalibear45
March 23, 2003, 01:46 AM
Just made #1080 the other day :D

Blackhawk
March 23, 2003, 02:32 AM
Okay, thanks California. Whatever....

Ryder
March 23, 2003, 04:39 AM
Sold that many guns of all types in California a few years ago according to this link. But it would appear the numbers are dropping.

http://www.caag.state.ca.us/newsalerts/2002/02-024.htm

Tom C.
March 23, 2003, 08:52 AM
If they can buy 1000 guns per day, why can't they register and vote?

Cal4D4
March 23, 2003, 09:52 AM
Tom C.

Good question.

Tamara
March 23, 2003, 10:22 AM
You know how every time the feds get ready to pass a dumb gun law, we all run to the gun store and buy all kinds of stuff? (I think the last time was back in '94...)

For Californians, it's like that all year, every year.

(That 1000 handguns/day is just 30,000 Californians exercising their constitutional right to buy 1 handgun/month. ;) )

Unisaw
March 23, 2003, 10:57 AM
Nothing personal, but I'll thank Californians only when they stop voting such knuckleheads into office. :fire:

Tom C.
March 24, 2003, 01:05 PM
I seem to remember some unsuccessful congressional candidate taking a list of attendees at a local gun show in SOCAL and comparing it to a voting list. Very few of the attendees were even registered to vote! It is no wonder the fruits and nuts keep getting elected if the gun owners won't register to vote.

simon
March 24, 2003, 01:12 PM
It is no wonder the fruits and nuts keep getting elected if the gun owners won't register to vote.

NOT this one! I vote each & every time I can since I was able(18)

Tom C.
March 24, 2003, 01:16 PM
Tell your friends to vote early and often. That's the Chicago way.

Frohickey
March 24, 2003, 04:01 PM
If they can buy 1000 guns per day, why can't they register and vote?
Because they are too busy oiling their backyards. :p

Russ
March 24, 2003, 05:30 PM
El Tejon,

Not all of Kern County, just Oildale. There's a million Oildale jokes but that was pretty good.

gryphon
March 24, 2003, 05:45 PM
I'll thank God once he puts that state into the ocean. Hopefully all those people there that frequent THR and/or have common sense will get out of there before their house becomes a part of the murky deep.

QuarterBoreGunner
March 24, 2003, 06:17 PM
I'll thank God once he puts that state into the ocean. Hopefully all those people there that frequent THR and/or have common sense will get out of there before their house becomes a part of the murky deep.

Can we modify that to a selective disaster? Perhaps one localized to, say, Sacramento? And can we also to a ctrl click to add certain senators, representatives and assembly personnel offices to the list? :p

No need to sink the whole state, we’ve got some beautiful country out here and it would be sad to see it reduced to sea bottom.

twoblink
March 24, 2003, 10:10 PM
It's actually not surprising at all...

If the Feinsteins want to flip the middle fingers at the PRK gun buyers, then they will flip it right back..

In PRK lingo; it's Karma man..;)

Tamara... What should I do with my 2 AR's?? They currently have an Oregon zip code... :D

Tamara
March 24, 2003, 10:16 PM
Tamara... What should I do with my 2 AR's?? They currently have an Oregon zip code...:D

...and this seems reasonable to you? :confused:

Stevie-Ray
March 24, 2003, 10:21 PM
Well, sometimes they just floor me. During the "assault rifle" ban several years ago, they had a certain amount of time to register their weapons and at the due date, out of ~350k weapons, what was it, about 20k were registered? Sometimes those Californistanis hang tough and do us proud!

4 eyed six shooter
March 24, 2003, 10:34 PM
As a former **********n, now living in Idaho, I am doing my part to make Idaho the #1 gun sales state. I sell as many new guns as I can and buy them for myself also. The really great thing is that I no longer have any of the silly restrictions about which weapons I can purchase, and don't even need to wait the 3 minutes a NICS check takes because I have a CCW.
So, what are you waiting for? Get the h*ll out of the peoples republic and move to a state that does not restrict your right to keep and bear arms.
Good shooting to all from the free firearms zone, John K

faustulus
March 24, 2003, 11:14 PM
What is the per capita rate?

Cal4D4
March 24, 2003, 11:45 PM
I got one!:D

Mute
March 25, 2003, 04:37 PM
That's right. More advice to just move. What do you think these jackasses here in CA will do with their free time once they've completely implemented their gun grabbing here? Pat themselves on their back and enjoy their legacy? No! They'll start coming to your free state and try to do the same damn thing. I'm standing my ground here. If you want to run away that's your choice. It will not be mine.

4 eyed six shooter
March 27, 2003, 07:10 AM
Mute, We already have Gorper anti gun types moving here which is why we need to balance with pro gun people. My hat's off to you for staying. I got tired of the crime, taxes and liberals in Kali. I also bought a house for 1/3 the price, pay $400.00 a year property tax, pay $78.00 instead of $800.00 a year to register my truck, pay 5% sales tax instead of 7.75% and have had my Gunsmithing business in my home for 3 years without a single break in. I pay $1.70 a gallon for gas instead 0f $2.25 and I don't have to look at Gray out Davis on the tube anymore. People here wave to each other as they pass on the street and the right lane of the street is not reserved for drive by shootings. I drive 8 miles to get to good elk, deer, moose and varment hunting, it's 5 miles to great trout fishing.
Like I said, more power to you for staying but, I'll take the safety, lower living costs and slower pace of life anyday.
Keep up the good fight!----------John K

If you enjoyed reading about "Thank Us Californians!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!