Colt AR-15... how much?

PDA

TechBrute
March 21, 2003, 10:47 PM
Does anyone have any idea how much they go for? If I part with them, I will have to sell them out of state, but I've got 2 unfired Colt AR-15a2 rifles. Both are still wrapped in the original paper.

I am not soliciting bids, so please no offers. I haven't made up my mind on if I should sell them or not. Thanks. Also, anything special I should look for on them? I think they are just regular Colt AR-15a2 rifles.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt AR-15... how much?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gun-fucious
March 21, 2003, 11:06 PM
900-1000 bucks ball park
unless they are pre 1994
then 1200-1500

TechBrute
March 21, 2003, 11:25 PM
They are pre-94

gun-fucious
March 21, 2003, 11:39 PM
2 NIB Colt pre Bans
sweet!

heres a Colt model matrix:
http://www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/variants/

what sort of evil features do they bear?
a threaded barrel end?
a bayonet lug?
prolly not CAR stocked thou...

gun-fucious
March 21, 2003, 11:45 PM
my first estimate may be a tad low

heres a price check:
http://www.impactguns.com/store/colt_ar15a1_preban.html
Colt AR15 Pre Ban 20" A1 Excellent 223
$1,689.99

ddc
March 21, 2003, 11:45 PM
It really depends on exactly which model you have.
For unfired it would be at least 1500 and it could go much higher.
If you go over to www.ar15.com (you have to create an account to log on; you can do it for free) and post the question with more data you'll get a better idea.

Redlg155
March 22, 2003, 01:56 AM
The bighammer site is a great place to check for Colt specs.

Trying to give a generic price on a Colt model is relatively hard because we don't know the specifics of the rifle. Whether the lower is a blocked or unblocked, what "label" type, standard military push pin/fire control parts or large pin and other features make a difference in the value of the rifle. A2 with a mag fence or the SP1 type?

Generally I've seen the slab sided A1 type lower reciever rifles going for around $1100+. The A2 type recievers going for $1200+.

I personally wouldn't get rif of them because if I'm not mistaken, you can never replace them.

Good SHooting
RED

Steve Smith
March 22, 2003, 04:23 PM
I happen to know of someone looking for exactly what you have. Since he's already posted his desire for pre-pan unfired Colt, I'd say you have an opportunity to make a little more than standard. PM me if you want me to get you two in contact.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt AR-15... how much?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!