Evidence that training makes the difference

PDA

Balog
July 19, 2005, 11:27 PM
The link goes to a video of an moderately chubby older Asian dude dealing with three attackers and coming out on top. He uses an improvised weapon, deception, and some decent tactics. Good stuff. Anyone have an idea what language they're speaking?

http://www.lookatentertainment.com/v/v-923.htm

And here's what can happen with poor training. 3 cops try to take down a perp and end up pepper spraying each other. It appears to be a clip from the TV show Maximum Exposure.

http://www.lookatentertainment.com/v/v-1056.htm

If you enjoyed reading about "Evidence that training makes the difference" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GregGry
July 19, 2005, 11:56 PM
Wow that clip with the 3 officers was interesting :D. The second I noticed how he was handling that guy, I knew something was going to go down.

Chipperman
July 20, 2005, 05:40 PM
It took quite a while for that Cop to get the spray out of its holster. He was even involved in the fight at that time. :uhoh:

Even when he finally had it out, he sprayed his friend more than the Perp.

dolanp
July 20, 2005, 10:25 PM
That cop's belligerent alpha-male attitude certainly didn't help him out. Need to learn how to diffuse a situation instead of escalate it.

9mmepiphany
July 21, 2005, 02:03 AM
the lauguage they are speaking in the first clip is chinese, specificly cantonese from southern china.

it looks like the guy in yellow used a classic kung-fu tactic...allow the attacker to committ, then step inside and "deliever a blow". no fancy combinations for him, look at his footwork.

Balog
July 21, 2005, 02:44 AM
9mm: thanks for clearing that up re the dialect. Any idea what they are saying or what the characters that appear onscreen mean?

Joejojoba111
July 21, 2005, 02:52 AM
That's a tough call, how to act in that situation. Intervene, or buy poprorn. Have to flip a coin.

Love how the uniforms went with the popcorn decision though:)

And I like when he throats the guy who jumps at him, lol.

Telperion
July 21, 2005, 03:23 AM
Heh. Like how the guy in the first video checks his hair twice. Gotta look good when taking down the punks.

280PLUS
July 21, 2005, 05:37 AM
Gee, that pepper spray sure is effective. :rolleyes:

SnakeEater
July 21, 2005, 07:44 AM
Wow, that old guy really held his own. I say the cop got exactly what he deserved.

Warbow
July 21, 2005, 09:18 AM
I say the cop got exactly what he deserved.

Yeah. If only everyone started assaulting anyone who they thought "disrespected" them, the world would be a better place. :confused:

SnakeEater
July 21, 2005, 04:54 PM
Yeah. If only everyone started assaulting anyone who they thought "disrespected" them, the world would be a better place

It very well might be. They (LEO's) are not the law, they simply enforce the law.

nomadboi
July 21, 2005, 04:58 PM
Uh oh, I think you just disrespected LEOs. Quick, LEOs, assault him!

I'm sorry, do LEOs not count as people?

I see a problem in your logic.

If you enjoyed reading about "Evidence that training makes the difference" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!