If this is Hitler's....what do you think it's worth?

PDA

Rembrandt
July 20, 2005, 03:38 PM
http://www.simpsonltd.com/product_info.php?products_id=2529

If you enjoyed reading about "If this is Hitler's....what do you think it's worth?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CZ-100
July 20, 2005, 03:49 PM
NOTHING!!!

Nothing he owned is worth anything to me.

Arc-Lite
July 20, 2005, 04:31 PM
Very nice looking Drilling.... but its past owner, makes it, to me, a piece of junk. Now...if the cockroach would have used it on himself....

Jim K
July 20, 2005, 04:59 PM
Whether Adolf ever owned a drilling or not, he would never have used it. He was an animal lover and didn't believe in killing and slaughter of helpless creatures (animals, that is, humans being a different story). I think he was the founder or at least the inspiration for PETA.

Jim

cracked butt
July 20, 2005, 05:02 PM
but its past owner, makes it, to me, a piece of junk.

Because we all blame inanimate objects for its owner's actions :rolleyes:

Odds that it belonged to Hitler? Probably 1 in a million.

Arc-Lite
July 20, 2005, 05:20 PM
poor assumption cracked b. No blame on anything....just picky about the company and things I like...you pick your toys, I'll pick mine. Calling the odds of ownership... valueless.

Chipperman
July 20, 2005, 05:45 PM
It's worth whatever someone will pay for it.

As you can see from the replies, some would not want it at all if it was owned by Hitler. I'm sure there are people out there that would pay many Thousands of dollars for it if it was owned by him.

To each his/her own

armoredman
July 20, 2005, 07:09 PM
Some Aryan Brotherhood Head will pay much drug dinero for that, probably, as if one of them would even know what it was....

Rembrandt
July 20, 2005, 07:24 PM
History Channel recently featured "Million Dollar Guns" showing a Walther supposedly owned by Hitler. The Walther's engraved initials (AH) were similar to those in the photos below. Good chance it was presented to him as speculated.

Wonder if a GI brought this home after the war and was acquired from an estate.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Rembrandt51/Drilling_.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Rembrandt51/Drilling.jpg

Cesiumsponge
July 20, 2005, 08:14 PM
Good or evil history, if it is genuine, it is a historical piece and has value to someone, and it doesn't necessarily have value only to those that believed in his ideals.

Grey54956
July 20, 2005, 08:28 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't mind having it.

While it would take a little time to wash the stink off of it, assuming it was Hitler's, the chances of it being Hitler's are fairly small. It could be Adam Herrington's, or Al Hoevel's. It need not belong to a megalomaniac. It could have actually belonged to anybody.

Regardless, it is most likely a very finely crafted firearm. Most of us will never, ever own a drilling. These are true works of art, and I would like to have one.

Of course, if I were to find out that it were Hitler's, I am fairly certain that I would use it to repeatedly shoot an effigy of the slimy bastard every single day. Somehow, it seems fitting.

Preacherman
July 20, 2005, 09:00 PM
Hmmm... Hitler's drilling? From WW2 footage I've seen, that would be the goose-step, no?

:evil:

Gewehr98
July 20, 2005, 09:35 PM
Here I thought I had the only Krieghoff drilling presented to The Fuehrer. Darn. That about takes the value of mine down a notch or two, doesn't it?

Anybody wanna buy an engraved 7.65mm Walther PPK? It was only used once... :D

isp2605
July 20, 2005, 09:45 PM
I have for sale Davy Crockett's hatchet. The handle has been replaced twice and the head 3 times. Any offers?

1 old 0311
July 20, 2005, 09:50 PM
Tell you what. I hate to see a fellow member stuck with a piece of crap. Send it to me and I will wire you $1000.00. Seriously get it appraised by 2-3 GUN EXPERTS. You just won the lotto friend.

Kevin

Brian Williams
July 21, 2005, 08:09 AM
Same site has some nice guns but this made me chuckle...

http://www.simpsonltd.com/images/LongGuns/C3889A.jpg

Rich K
July 21, 2005, 09:01 AM
I personally have no interest in anything that belonged to Hitler or any of his cronies.The gun is an inanimate object,I agree.But it is just not my thing.Now,George Patton's Smith and Wesson,that would be something else ,indeed.

halvey
July 21, 2005, 09:08 AM
I personally have no interest in anything that belonged to Hitler or any of his cronies. I see your point, but isn't this the same idea as GW who now has Sadam's Makarov or all the GI's who take the pistols off of enemy soldiers?

Rich K
July 21, 2005, 03:06 PM
As I said,that is just me personally.If POTUS wants Saddam's makarov,I don't care.As fr as a soldier taking a pistol from an enemy soldier,that is a different story.My uncle,during the war in Europe,has a small collection of items,medals,daggers and such,that he took from dead Germans.He explained that it was a memento of a worthy enemy,but he considered Hitler a piece of crap and a mass murderer,just like Eichman and Himmler,Heydrich and the rest of the Nazi higher ups.They never put anything on the line.Just my 2 cents.

jefnvk
July 21, 2005, 03:35 PM
It's worth whatever someone will pay for it.

We have a Winner!

Some people laughed at me when I predicted those NIB M1's that CMP had should go for $7500, and they cleared $10,000.

DarthBubba
July 21, 2005, 04:29 PM
If you are interested in this weapon make your bid based on it being a nice fire arm not the fact it was once in the possession of a world class moron like Hitler.
The gun is not responsible for the actions of the owner and if it meets your tastes buy away as long as you can be certain that none of the proceeds will go to an old Nazis estate. No since in furthering Der Fuhrer's followers by giving them anything.

Think it over do your research and make sure,
DarthBubba

denfoote
July 21, 2005, 05:21 PM
If it DID belong to the old boy, there is certainly no mention of it in any of the historical records I have seen. Even David Irving is silent on the subject!! The only documented weapon AH ever owned was the PP he used to shoot himself with!!

Until somebody authenticates it, it might as well belong to Albert Hauserhoff!!!!

Another more interesting speculation, I think, would be Adolf's P38!! He was responsible for Walther getting the contract. You would think they would have given him one!!

TimboKhan
July 22, 2005, 11:01 AM
Interestingly, I am takeing a class this summer called "Hitlers Germany", so this is a subject that i am familiar with. First off, I think he was the founder or at least the inspiration for PETA. is not true. Hitler was, in fact, a vegetarian, and he did pass a law banning vivisection, because he thought it was cruel, but PETA is not affiliated with Hitler in any way. I hate PETA, and I wish they were so I had another reason to hate them, but sadly, they aren't. As far as the value of that gun, the fact is that if it was proved that it was Hitlers, which would be exceedingly difficult, it would probably only add about 10 to 15% to whatever value it has now. So many things have been touted as being Hitlers, and so many of those things are impossible to prove, thus making the market for Hitler stuff pretty thin.

50 Freak
July 23, 2005, 06:16 AM
I have Adolf Hitler's personal Glock 19. I know it's his, because this one was made in Austria and will have (I mean had...) the intials AH scratched into the slide.

Will provide nice photoshopped picture of Hitler holding the Glock while screwing a wig wearing pig.

All this for the low price of $500,000 dollars.

Pretty cheap if you ask me for a geniune imitation Adolf Hitler's personal Glock.

isp2605
July 23, 2005, 08:15 AM
Heck with the gun. How much for the pig?

Hkmp5sd
July 23, 2005, 11:14 AM
History Channel recently featured "Million Dollar Guns" showing a Walther supposedly owned by Hitler.
The one shown on History Channel was merely one that was "presented" to Hitler. Politicians have many things presented to them while in office and many never lay eyes on them. They cannot prove Hitler even saw that Walther. That is what the above collector is looking for. If he can find a picture or video of Hitler holding and/or using the shotgun, it will be worth a lot of money. Otherwise, it's merely a somewhat interesting Nazi era firearm.

Hitler did have two personal handguns, one of which he killed himself with. These guns would have a high collector value by the fact they belonged to Hitler and killed him.

Guns that can tied to people, even notorious people, become collectible. Even if they belonged to someone like Hitler/Stalin/Mao. Wanna guess how much Oswald's Carcano would sell on the open market?

If you enjoyed reading about "If this is Hitler's....what do you think it's worth?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!