Kansas/Missouri/Oklahoma THR Shoot

PDA

english kanigit
July 20, 2005, 07:58 PM
Hey guys, it's about time for the next one. If we are still going by the second Saturday, every other month, the next get together should be August 13. Any questions, comments or concerns?
Keyhole, are we still on for doing this?

If you enjoyed reading about "Kansas/Missouri/Oklahoma THR Shoot" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
longrifleman
July 26, 2005, 04:58 PM
As of now, I should be able to make it.

blacksuit
July 26, 2005, 07:09 PM
just let me know when I will try and come
I am from hutch,
Shawn...

keyhole
July 29, 2005, 12:01 AM
I'll check the calender and let ya know fer sure. The Junior Club has taken a break during the summer, but if I don't have anything going, we can do it!

Let you know by this weekend.

Keyhole

english kanigit
July 29, 2005, 02:19 AM
K, I'm heading to Missouri today. I'll be there for a week.

I'll be checking this forum on my return. :)

keyhole
August 3, 2005, 10:58 AM
August 13th should be OK fer a get-together.

How many are planning on making the heated trip? :evil:

wmenorr67
August 3, 2005, 02:09 PM
One possible from here in Tulsa. I will know more as we get closer to the date.

keyhole
August 4, 2005, 08:44 AM
Well as of this point, I may be out of town that weekend. The Junior Club has taken a break, due to the hot weather. I'll check, and see if there will be any of the members there, to have the range open, ( if anyone is planning on making the trip.)

wmenorr67
August 4, 2005, 02:24 PM
Can we not just change the date if it is more feesible? I would say lets push it out to the 27th. Just a thought.

keyhole
August 5, 2005, 08:05 AM
I'd say that either day would work. If'n I can't get there, my son is always looking for an excuse to go out there :)

Maybe we can scare up a few more members, and make it a bigger event?

wmenorr67
August 5, 2005, 02:26 PM
I should be good for either the 13th or the 27th with the 27th being the better option. Can we get an idea within the next couple of days which would be the best for anyone else that would be interested?

english kanigit
August 6, 2005, 05:43 AM
Either one works for me.

Once we get this hammered out, I may bring a friend with me. I need help keeping my mosin warm... :rolleyes:

longrifleman
August 6, 2005, 06:16 PM
I think either will work for me also. e k, are you still interested in trying some SMLE's? I finally cleaned up my Ishy-sorta.

english kanigit
August 7, 2005, 05:15 AM
You betcha! I'll be bringing out my .22-250 this time, now that my scope came back from leupold. And maybe I can get my 1911 fixed... :)

keyhole
August 8, 2005, 07:30 PM
Sooooooooooo, which date? :confused:

english kanigit
August 10, 2005, 12:09 PM
Alright guys, the 13th is what was agreed upon in the last thread. Unless I hear anything different, that's when I'll be showing up at the range.

Only 3 days people. It's decision time....

longrifleman
August 10, 2005, 04:54 PM
I've been informed that I have to get fitted for a Tux for my youngest's wedding this weekend. Believe me, I'd rather be shooting. :barf: :barf: :barf:

The next weekend should work, but don't worry about moving anything to suit me.

wmenorr67
August 11, 2005, 02:24 PM
Found out this morning that I am working this weekend. My next free weekend now looks as if it is the 27th. If you go shoot this weekend have fun and I will try to make the next one. If we push this out the the 27th I will do what I can to make it.

english kanigit
August 11, 2005, 10:57 PM
Ok then.

Hear ye one, hear ye all. The date for the Kansas THR Shoot has been pushed back to 27 August.
If you would like to come, please sound off.

wmenorr67
August 12, 2005, 02:27 PM
As of now yes on the 27th.

english kanigit
August 17, 2005, 12:55 AM
BUMP

Still looking for a few good men/women. Any questions, comments or concerns at this time?
Only 11 days to go... :rolleyes:

Kamicosmos
August 19, 2005, 03:42 AM
Where is Pittsburg? More specifically, how long of a drive from South KC?

I work weekends, but if it's within an hour or so, I maybe able to make an appearence.

I will let some other local THR friends know though...

I do have vacation scheduled in September, perhaps we can organize a shoot for that weekend...I'll get back with the dates...

wmenorr67
August 19, 2005, 01:48 PM
From south KC you are looking ballpark of about 3 hrs.

switchkid0
August 19, 2005, 02:36 PM
I'm in the K.C. Metro. Was wondering what constitutes membership, and how often you folks get together. I'm extra-lo-buck, and I don't get much time away from work, but I'm keen to learn from those more experienced.

english kanigit
August 19, 2005, 03:57 PM
Alright, we've got a map of the area here (http://members.cox.net/bcsgc/visitors/map.html). If you have any questions on how to get there, feel free to ask, I'll point you in the right direction.

Just as a reminder, be sure to bring your own food and water. The town isn't very far away if people would like to make a lunch run.
There are 'facilities' at the range. 50,100 and 200yd rifle, 25yd pistol and a shotgun area (I'm not sure if it's operational). The rifle range has target boards to post paper targets on, I believe the pistol range does too.

Start time will be 10 o'clock, end time will be whenever we get kicked out or everybody leaves.

english kanigit
August 19, 2005, 04:02 PM
Switchkid0, so far, membership at the range is not required. Keyhole has been gracious enough to offer us the use of his range. As to information about joining their club, you had better ask keyhole because I don't to intrude on his business, although I'm sure they wouldn't mind a new member.
If you meant membership here on THR, just posting is enough. And by the way, welcome to THR. :cool:

jojo
August 19, 2005, 07:59 PM
Switchkid0, do you ever make it up to pigeon hill range on the south side of St. Joe?
It's been a month or two since I've been up there but it's a good place to go. I'm north of the river if you get time, holler at me.

jojo

keyhole
August 19, 2005, 10:51 PM
Nah, ya can get to the range in about 2hrs, from Overland Park, if you are on the south end. Long as the construction doesn't slow ya down, 4 lane runs GOOD!

mapanggulo
August 20, 2005, 02:33 AM
Another shooter from Wichita here, might try making it up that way...don't know since money's tight. Do have some ammo to play around with but don't know if my shoulder could take the slugging of a .30-06 :)

So far I don't have plans for the 27th so that could work for me, weather providing.

Like to find some where closer to shoot rifles at.

IF I do come, I'll bring the deer rifle (need to sight the thing in at 200yrds) and the AR-15 (though I'm really low on ammo for it). Will probably also bring the Beretta M-9 and Trailside too...think I have some 9mm and .22lr ammo laying around.

PS - English Kanigit, thanks for the PM pointing me towards this thread.

longrifleman
August 20, 2005, 02:06 PM
I'm a go for the 27th at 10:00, although I might not be there right at 10
:00. I'll bring the SMLE's for sure; not decided on what else.

english kanigit
August 22, 2005, 06:14 PM
New development, I just realized that we need a photogragher...
I would be more than happy to do it except our digital camera is over in Kuwait with my dad.

Any volunteers? :confused:

mapanggulo
August 22, 2005, 06:53 PM
IF I am able to show up I plan to bring my digital camera along. Looked at the weather and there's a chance for rain this weekend :(

It's not that I will melt or something...but will we be shooting from under cover??

keyhole
August 23, 2005, 01:35 AM
Have cover for both ranges. I can try to work things out fer a camera also, should be no problem. Rain is no problem either! :evil:

english kanigit
August 23, 2005, 02:39 AM
It was actually raining when I showed up for the last shoot. The cover is very nice. Just bring a poncho or umbrella, it's a long walk to the 200 yard targets. :rolleyes:

longrifleman
August 23, 2005, 10:32 AM
I put together a portable minuite of deer gong I can bring if anyone is interested. If it's raining a bit there is no worry about changing paper targets.

Any problems Keyhole?

keyhole
August 23, 2005, 02:43 PM
Sounds fine by me. :D

mapanggulo
August 24, 2005, 04:22 AM
Hell if there's cover....then I'm good to go...don't mind getting wet when walking back and forth to change targets :D

Not at all familiar with that part of Kansas, so I tried to look it up on mapquest and it showed it at 3 hours 43 minutes to Arma...just a slight drive, but usually mapquest is off a bit on the travel time.

english kanigit
August 24, 2005, 07:09 PM
Well, I spent the day linking ammo onto strippers and packing it up. I also went down to the scrap yard and got some metal. If I have time, I'll weld it up into a gong. You guys think a manhole cover will stop 7.5 swiss? :confused: I hope so...if not I can always add a thicker one down the road.

Everybody else getting ready? Anybody with last-minute questions? :)

Moondoggie
August 25, 2005, 07:36 PM
As it turns out, I'll be able to make it after all.

I'll either shoot left handed or use my middle finger on my right hand on the trigger....I'll figure something out.

I'll bring an AR, SKS, 03-A3, SXS 12 Coach Gun, and 3 or 4 handguns.

See you Saturday at 10!

mapanggulo
August 26, 2005, 03:32 PM
I pretty much dont think I will be there...seems like Mother Nature or God decided that I needed the flu or some other bug :(

Actually I usually don't blame my 4yr old for passing cooties on, but she did just get over having a bad bug. :uhoh:

It really pisses me off because I really feel the need to shoot something right now...and since soon to be ex-wives are not in season nd illegal to shoot to boot...then I'm outta luck until I can get well and get to the range. :D

Sad too, because I have a feeling that the weather might cooperate...will be just my luck it does too. :banghead:

keyhole
August 26, 2005, 04:13 PM
Pretty much how life goes! :cuss:

longrifleman
August 26, 2005, 04:18 PM
soon to be ex-wives are not in season nd illegal to shoot

Who has custody of the wedding pictures? No quite the same, but ya gotta start getting over it somehow. :evil:

Scoupe
August 26, 2005, 04:55 PM
Well shucks. Thought I was gonna be able to head down that way, but it's looking doubtful. I'll probably be in a an edit session most of the day tomorrow. Maybe I can make the next one. Would be a good excuse for stopping to see Big Brutus as well. Have fun and be safe!

mapanggulo
August 26, 2005, 04:59 PM
Who has custody of the wedding pictures? No quite the same, but ya gotta start getting over it somehow. :evil:

I like how your mind works!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/mapanggulo/Emoticons/thumbsup2.gif

I'm going to have a bon-fire with her stuff...since she's told me all she wants is her clothes. Anything else that isnt of value, that I'd dont want to keep or the little one doesnt want is going up in flames!!!!

Having the little girl with me is making me get over it faster :D

wmenorr67
August 27, 2005, 11:43 AM
Sorry I was not able to make it up. Unfortunately with childern in school things come up that need to be bought before ammo and gas for pleasure trips. Hopefully fun was had by all who attended and I can make the next trip.

Moondoggie
August 27, 2005, 09:31 PM
Myself, Longrifleman, and English Kanigit had a great time. Keyhole was there for a few minutes before duty called...Code 3!

Nice range, nice folks, nice weather (we didn't actually melt, but I did "Glisten" quite a bit!).

Waaaay mo betta than any day at work!

keyhole
August 28, 2005, 12:12 AM
pics

keyhole
August 28, 2005, 12:13 AM
more

english kanigit
August 28, 2005, 02:43 AM
Big kudos to moondoggie for standing there with that shiny .357 and nailing the 100 yd gong! ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Kansas/Missouri/Oklahoma THR Shoot" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!