there is only one choice..

PDA

canaan
July 21, 2005, 11:39 AM
In light of the latest terrorist attack in London, it is clear there is only one choice.

We have enemies who will stop at nothing to seek vengence on US (and our allies) for the wrongs committed over a very long period of time. To resolve this, there is only one choice..

In the United States we must look closely at the way we have lived, we must move forward into a kinder, gentler place. We must eliminate the factors which have caused us so much grief. there is only one choice..

As the Brits have done, we must disarm. It will leave us free of the worry of protecting ourselves and allow those in authority to concentrate on the criminal and terrorist elements and not be concerned with the citizenry who have historically obeyed laws.

As the Brits are discussing, we must consider banning sharp knives . A recent article states that ER Docs suggest baning these items due to increases in the assaults with their use. Apparently knives have taken the place of firearms in the hands of the criminal element. Obviously they must be controlled.. there is only one choice..

As the President suggests, we must temper the words of our media, for the news may give comfort to our enemies. We must be satisfied with 'free speech zones.' We must be mindful of the feelings of each other. People will no longer 'fail' they will simply have 'deferred success'. Words are the only reality... there is only one choice..

We must also look to ourselves, our neighbors may be a threat. The enemies are both without and within. Beware your neighbors, watch them closely for their true alliegence, when they stumble, be there to report them...there is only one choice..

The founders of this nation did not envision the threats we now face. Their words of 'natural rights' are from another time and are not for us. We must trust our leaders for they are wise and have only our best interest at heart. there is only one choice..

Thusfar we have taken small steps down this road. Some do not recognize the road, nor do they see how far along we have actually come. But the awareness of one simple truth seems to elude the majority of us. The simple truth that making no decision, is a decision in itself. there is only one choice..

We must sit back, relax before the magic box that entertains us with 'reality programming'. We should not concern ourselves that the word 'programming' is used for TV shows as well as brain washing. there is only one choice..

It is time for us to make that choice, to act, to react, to do nothing. This is the world in which we live. We have shaped it with our own hands.

If this post ticks you off. I have done what I have set out to do. If this post makes you pause and reflect and then make an effort to find resolution, even better, but the credit for that will be yours. If this post just makes you rant. Enjoy yourself, you are writing your own 'reality show'.

But humor me and answer one question. Who is John Galt?

If you enjoyed reading about "there is only one choice.." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
grampster
July 21, 2005, 11:43 AM
What you have posted is scary in that there are many people who actually believe what you said.

canaan
July 21, 2005, 11:48 AM
I agree, it is very scary. I'm glad I'm not one of them

Kurush
July 21, 2005, 11:48 AM
I agree totally. In unrelated news I am currently investing all my money in low-thread-count fluffy pink blanket futures.

scottgun
July 21, 2005, 12:07 PM
There's lots of choices. Giving up might be one of the choices, but its a very bad choice. There are so many things wrong with what you have written, I'll just leave it at that.

Omni04
July 21, 2005, 12:08 PM
wow, eye opening article...

Jeeper
July 21, 2005, 12:11 PM
But humor me and answer one question. Who is John Galt?

That book has been sitting half read on a shelf for about 2 years now.

canaan
July 21, 2005, 12:20 PM
There's lots of choices. Giving up might be one of the choices, but its a very bad choice. There are so many things wrong with what you have written, I'll just leave it at that.

I'm interested in your opinion. There are certainly many directions choices can take, but the first choice to to make a choice "do something, not do something"

I hope you don't take my original post to say that I am giving up, or suggesting that anyone else should give up.

What are the 'so many things wrong' with what I wrote? I hope the sarcasm and irony aren't completely lost on you, or others.

My point is to demonstrate the small bits of liberty we give away, or allow to be taken away. The willingness of many to allow LANGUAGE to be modified to the point where it no longer is accurate. As an example, 'assault rifles' aren't they all? "weapons of mass distruction" does this include propaganda machines rolling roughshod over the truth? Does it include the Powers that Be using current events to rewrite or simply ignore the law of the land?

I hoped to raise hackles with my original post. I did not intend for you or anyone to dismiss it out of hand and unworthy of comment. Share your insight, you may be surprised that we agree on many things. In any case, we would have the opportunity to learn from the discourse.

R.H. Lee
July 21, 2005, 12:31 PM
Total disarmament of the American population is the only way. We do, however, need to go one step farther, and that is to introduce a mild sedative into the food and water supply so that everyone, everywhere in this country will remain calm under all circumstances.

Anyone who resists must be lobotomized. Our safety depends on it.

grampster
July 21, 2005, 01:11 PM
....and we should rename ourselves Eloi.

scottgun
July 21, 2005, 01:17 PM
I think I may have missed the sarcasm the first time through.

No one has ever won anything by being weak and complacent. Letting the government disarm and protect us won't work, the government is only interested in protecting the herd and not each individual sheep.

canaan
July 21, 2005, 01:29 PM
agreed Scottgun...

as the old Mike and the Mechanics song says

"Teach the children quietly
For some day sons and daughters
Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

~ Silent Running

scottgun
July 21, 2005, 01:42 PM
canaan, the sad thing is there are people who will write what you have, but are totally serious about it.

Hardware
July 21, 2005, 01:58 PM
....and we should rename ourselves Eloi.

I've made the same comparison several times. Sadly I usually get people staring at me uncomprehending. It is at that point that I realize I am one of the Morlocks.

canaan
July 21, 2005, 02:03 PM
Scottgun

Unfortunately, those are the people who most need to open their eyes. :banghead:

Some of my best friends are liberals ! :evil:

Sharps Shooter
July 21, 2005, 02:05 PM
Excellent post Canaan. I for one, am prepared to do my part by surrendering my home and property so someone can build a shopping mall here. After all, it will be for the greater good. :fire:

rick_reno
July 21, 2005, 02:09 PM
Some of my best friends are liberals !

I have some liberal friends too, I keep them in my circle of friends in case the food supply is interrupted. I'm pretty sure they'll taste better than the conservatives I know.

canaan
July 21, 2005, 02:14 PM
Sharps Shooter.... here's a tidbit you may not have read....

Posted: July 11, 2005 1:00 a.m. Eastern

2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Supreme Court Justice David Souter probably never expected his vote
to permit a Connecticut town the power to seize the homes of
citizens would come back to haunt him.

But it may.

An effort by a Los Angeles advertising entrepreneur to persuade the
city fathers of Weare, N.H., to turn the tables on Souter by seizing his
home and building a hotel on the site is gaining steam.

Logan Darrow Clements and his company, Free Star Media, are now
collecting online contributions from the public to support the
project.

"There's lots of work that still needs to be done to accomplish our
objectives," Clements told WND. "But I am confident we can be
successful. This is a way ordinary Americans can fight back – not
just against Souter, but against local officials who abuse their
authority and callously seize the homes of law-abiding citizens out
of sheer greed."

The town of Weare has been inundated with calls in support of the
proposal since WND first publicized the story of how Clements plans
to turn eminent domain against one of its champions. The U.S.
Supreme Court ruled 5-4 two weeks ago that local towns and cities
can seize homes and private businesses through eminent domain and
turn the properties over to private developers for no other reason
than the fact that it would result in higher tax revenues for the
municipality.

"There are so many people who have come out of the woodwork to
support me," Clements said. "Government has just gotten far too big
and far too powerful. ... We're trying to make a larger point that
we're losing freedom so fast in America that we have to stop what
we're doing and take a stand and fight it."

A few days after the ruling, Clements faxed a request to Chip Meany, the
code enforcement officer of Weare, seeking to start the application
process to build a hotel on 34 Cilley Hill Road, the present location of
Souter's home.

"Am I taking this seriously? But of course," Meany told the
Associated Press. "In lieu of the recent Supreme Court decision, I
would imagine that some people are pretty much upset. If it is their right
to pursue this type of end, then by all means let the process begin."

Clements wants to build "The Lost Liberty Hotel" on the property as
a kind of museum commemorating the lost right to private property in
America.

The Kelo v. City of New London decision allows the New London,
Conn., government to seize the homes and businesses of residents to
facilitate the building of an office complex that would provide
economic benefits to the area and more tax revenue to the city.

Though the practice of eminent domain is provided for in the Fifth
Amendment of the Constitution, the case is significant because the
seizure is for private development and not for "public use," such as a
highway or bridge. The decision has been roundly criticized by
property-rights activists and limited-government commentators.

The first step in the process, said Clements, is to get the Weare
Board of Selectmen to vote in favor of the seizure. However, even if that
action is unsuccessful, Clements says citizens in the town can and will
draft a ballot initiative to accomplish the objective

canaan
July 21, 2005, 02:16 PM
Rick Reno

Great idea! Alternate food source, and of course cannon fodder to block for us when TSHTF..

"Soylent Green is people !!!"

If you enjoyed reading about "there is only one choice.." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!