ummmmmmm

PDA

illuminatus99
March 22, 2003, 08:07 AM
why are our troops in iraq wearing forest camo instead of desert camo?

If you enjoyed reading about "ummmmmmm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
FPrice
March 22, 2003, 09:00 AM
"why are our troops in iraq wearing forest camo instead of desert camo?"

The ones I have seen and the ones we have sent were issued DCUs (Desert Camouflage Uniforms). However, knowing the supply system, there are quite probably some units/personnel who did not get theirs in time.

Or did you mean skin camouflage paint?

Dannyboy
March 22, 2003, 09:36 AM
What you saw was, more than likely, soldiers in MOPP suits. Not woodland camo BDU's.

FPrice
March 22, 2003, 10:14 AM
I just saw some video and have identified what is going on. They are troops in the Woodland Chemical Warfare Defense Ensembles (CWDE).

illuminatus99
March 22, 2003, 10:15 AM
what's the difference between MOPP and woodland camo? they looked like regular BDU, the chem suits also looked like woodland camo too

Dannyboy
March 22, 2003, 10:25 AM
MOPP suits are the chem suits. I'm sure they probably make them in desert camo but for the most part, they come in woodland camo.

telewinz
March 22, 2003, 11:15 AM
Could be you need to ajust the color on your TV also:D

BerettaNut92
March 22, 2003, 02:09 PM
Reminds me of some SWAT teams.

FPrice
March 22, 2003, 05:06 PM
"what's the difference between MOPP and woodland camo?"

MOPP stands for (IIRC) Mission Oriented Protective Posture. It is a condition of protective dress, not the name of the outfit. Woodland camo is the color scheme used in the European Theater.

If you enjoyed reading about "ummmmmmm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!